Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 102

Thread: WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 11 Recap/We have a couple of Jests on our team

  1. -81
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,008
    vCash:
    21831
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Way to quote a flaming, ghetto black dude at the end of your rant. Nice.

    Anyway, saying that the QB position is the lone position you can say "if he plays better, your team could have won the game" is simply wrong. I can think of a couple of missed fgs (not kicked by our qb) that cost us a game.
    First of all, that flaming ghetto dude is funny. Get real about it and put your prejudices aside. Dude was funny.

    The 2nd part dosent hold true every game. I thought I was clear about that. For instance, the first Jests games there were several players where you could say we win the game if they get the job done. Crapenter in the first Jests game is a prime example.

    All I was saying is that was the case last night. Tannehill was the one player you could say with certainty that had he played better we win that game. In the NFL, its often the case you can say that about the QB position. Much more often than not, it is the case. Especially in games vs. bad teams like Buffalo who are beatable in so many ways.

    It takes a lot of players not getting the job done to lose to Buffalo. They are the kind of team that will allow you to beat them in multiple ways and multiple aspects of the game. All it took was a decent job by the QB and you beat that team even with everyone else playing poorly, thats how bad Buffalo is. And thats how you see teams with great QBs win a lot of games vs. bad teams when the rest of their team has a bad game. How many times have you seen Brady or Peyton pull a game out of the fire when the rest of their team was beaten all day? Exactly.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -82
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    4,097
    vCash:
    11529
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    First of all, that flaming ghetto dude is funny. Get real about it and put your prejudices aside. Dude was funny.

    The 2nd part dosent hold true every game. I thought I was clear about that. For instance, the first Jests games there were several players where you could say we win the game if they get the job done. Crapenter in the first Jests game is a prime example.

    All I was saying is that was the case last night. Tannehill was the one player you could say with certainty that had he played better we win that game. In the NFL, its often the case you can say that about the QB position. Much more often than not, it is the case. Especially in games vs. bad teams like Buffalo who are beatable in so many ways.

    It takes a lot of players not getting the job done to lose to Buffalo. They are the kind of team that will allow you to beat them in multiple ways and multiple aspects of the game. All it took was a decent job by the QB and you beat that team even with everyone else playing poorly, thats how bad Buffalo is. And thats how you see teams with great QBs win a lot of games vs. bad teams when the rest of their team has a bad game. How many times have you seen Brady or Peyton pull a game out of the fire when the rest of their team was beaten all day? Exactly.
    Prejudice? I honestly thought it was funny that you "went there, girlfrennn."
    Quote Quote  

  3. -83
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,845
    vCash:
    20615
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFinFan420 View Post
    Your post is completely foolish. Jake Long has been an all pro every year of his career. He WILL be a hall of famer. He is having a down year but he WILL improve and has NOT been as bad as you have suggested. Reggie is NOT that bad either. Sure he's injury prone but that's why we have good depth. The truth is we have more cap and picks going into 2013 than any team in the league. I expect everyone excpet for maybe Clemons and Mcdaniel to be resigned. We will be a great team once again in thanks to our great GM. You will see IN THE FUTURE just how incorrect and quite frankly inept you are at judging football talent.
    My post is brilliant and 100% accurate. Jake Long has been in the pro bowl on name recognition alone, particularly the last 2 years (not just this year kiddo). But hey, at least Reggie is "not that bad." I mean, he isn't good, but at least he isn't Lawrence Phillips, amirite?

    By the way, welcome back to the site.





    Quote Quote  

  4. -84
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,845
    vCash:
    20615
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    I like you, Gonz, but I can't help you with reading comprehension . There IS a difference between reserving judgment and unwarranted comparisons.
    I like me too Davey, but you might want to review your own reading comprehension skills. Fortunately, I can help you. I never said there wasn't a difference between reserving judgement and unwarranted comparisons. That makes no sense. That's not a lack of reading comprehension on my part, that's an error in prose.

    I never made any sort of unwarranted comparison. I've actually never made any sort of comparison of Tannehill to any other quarterback. I was referring to other threads that actually do have unwarranted criticism and comparisons (check SPAM). That being said, it is most certainly not to early to critique his play. It's fair to do so after every game. Hell, it's okay to do so after every play within reason. And that's the key. You seem to be lumping all criticisms in together, from the "he played like **** this past game" to the "he's a bust." They're not even remotely the same thing. At no point did anybody in this thread call him a bust (unless a crazy snuck in and posted and I missed it). But some of us don't need a full year to see where he needs to improve his game. Nobody in this thread is saying we need to start Moore because he didn't play well (starting Moore would be absolutely idiotic). But we are saying that when he has the ball with under a minute to go and no timeouts, that maybe, just maybe, he should make a better decision than to throw the ball behind a double-covered slot receiver in the middle of the field.

    That doesn't mean he sucks. That doesn't mean he isn't the future of the franchise. All it means is that it's something to watch for throughout the rest of the season to see how he adapts to teams having more tape on him and to having very little help from his receivers and overpaid linemen. That's what this season is for since playoffs aren't realistic (though the chatter will start again after our next win...whenever we manage that). It's to watch the progression of our high potential QB. Criticism is 100% okay.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -85
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,845
    vCash:
    20615
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    After sleeping on the game, Jake Long still sucks and the OL is still the biggest problem on this football team.

    Unreal that the Bills can rush four guys all night, not stack to stop the rushing game, and Miami can neither run nor protect the quarterback.

    Exactly. Yet, somehow, Tannehill is the source of hatred here. Unreal
    Where is there any Tannehill hatred in this thread? You must be confusing it with other threads. This thread has some of his biggest supporters, myself included.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -86
    NCFINFAN13's Avatar
    No More Excuses

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,147
    vCash:
    8137
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    I've been saying for weeks that this team is 4 to 6 players away from being a contender.

    After the way we've been exposed the last couple of weeks, I stand corrected. We are at least 6 to 8 players away. I have to agree that Long, Incognito and Bush are over rated. Thats 3 players right there we need to trade or let go at the end of this season. We need to add a pash rusher, a couple (at least) OL, a NUMBER ONE reciever, two - maybe three db's, and for pete's sake a kicker.

    Also, now is the time to let Thomas and Miller carry the load and let Mathews, Clay and even Egnew get lots of playing time to see if they can develop.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -87
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    4,097
    vCash:
    11529
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I like me too Davey, but you might want to review your own reading comprehension skills. Fortunately, I can help you. I never said there wasn't a difference between reserving judgement and unwarranted comparisons. That makes no sense. That's not a lack of reading comprehension on my part, that's an error in prose.

    I never made any sort of unwarranted comparison. I've actually never made any sort of comparison of Tannehill to any other quarterback. I was referring to other threads that actually do have unwarranted criticism and comparisons (check SPAM). That being said, it is most certainly not to early to critique his play. It's fair to do so after every game. Hell, it's okay to do so after every play within reason. And that's the key. You seem to be lumping all criticisms in together, from the "he played like **** this past game" to the "he's a bust." They're not even remotely the same thing. At no point did anybody in this thread call him a bust (unless a crazy snuck in and posted and I missed it). But some of us don't need a full year to see where he needs to improve his game. Nobody in this thread is saying we need to start Moore because he didn't play well (starting Moore would be absolutely idiotic). But we are saying that when he has the ball with under a minute to go and no timeouts, that maybe, just maybe, he should make a better decision than to throw the ball behind a double-covered slot receiver in the middle of the field.

    That doesn't mean he sucks. That doesn't mean he isn't the future of the franchise. All it means is that it's something to watch for throughout the rest of the season to see how he adapts to teams having more tape on him and to having very little help from his receivers and overpaid linemen. That's what this season is for since playoffs aren't realistic (though the chatter will start again after our next win...whenever we manage that). It's to watch the progression of our high potential QB. Criticism is 100% okay.
    No, its a problem with your reading comprehension because I wasn't referring to you with any of my posts in this thread. You took something personal and ran with it. I never said that YOU made any unwarranted comparisons.

    breathe... take a step back
    Quote Quote  

  8. -88
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    4,097
    vCash:
    11529
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Where is there any Tannehill hatred in this thread? You must be confusing it with other threads. This thread has some of his biggest supporters, myself included.
    Where did I say "...source of hatred ON THIS PARTICULAR THREAD"? I meant "here" as in on these forums in general, but I can see how you misinterpreted that.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -89
    Miamifinz's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2009
    Posts:
    3,470
    vCash:
    2580
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by NCFINFAN13 View Post
    I've been saying for weeks that this team is 4 to 6 players away from being a contender.

    After the way we've been exposed the last couple of weeks, I stand corrected. We are at least 6 to 8 players away. I have to agree that Long, Incognito and Bush are over rated. Thats 3 players right there we need to trade or let go at the end of this season. We need to add a pash rusher, a couple (at least) OL, a NUMBER ONE reciever, two - maybe three db's, and for pete's sake a kicker.

    Also, now is the time to let Thomas and Miller carry the load and let Mathews, Clay and even Egnew get lots of playing time to see if they can develop.
    Lol, we don't have much talent but we don't need to find that many good players to be contenders. I stand by what I said earlier in this thread, Cam Wake is a top 5 pass rusher in my book, and Starks is a great interior pass rusher. If we can find someone halfway decent to replace Odrick our D-line can mask a lot of our flaws in the secondary. Not sure if Vernon is the guy just yet. That'd be priority #1 for me. Number 2 would be saving 12 million in Jake Long, and actually UPGRADING the position by putting Martin in his original position, and paying a couple mill in FA to get a solid right tackle. I'd like to see Jerry gone as well, or at least lose another 30 pounds. Still too fat for our style of blocking. Hopefully the last weak link on the line would be Incog who we can dump in 2014.

    Number three: Get a wr in FA. There are some solid options and we have money to spend. If you have to pay more to get him do it, this position needs a major deepthreat. I think it's amazing how Tannehill is one of the better deep ball QBs with NO deep threat. This would help him tremendously. A guy like Wallace or Harvin or Bowe would allow Hartline and Bess to get open more as well.

    Lastly, I think 2 of our first 5 picks should be FS and corner. Stick Marshall in the nickel, draft a boundary corner opposite of Smith, and replace Clemons. That'd be a perfect offseason for me. And really it's not so much getting a whole bunch of great players as it is letting go of dead weight like Long, Bush,Clemons, etc.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -90
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,050
    vCash:
    1108
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Long is going to be cheaper than we think. I expect him to come back. Reggie might be cheap too. I dont want us to draft another rb this year. I think we should just incorporate lamar miller more.

    I do think we will let incognito and fasano walk. Maybe bush as well but if hes really cheap ill take him again
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 10 An Utter Disgrace
    By WVDolphan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
  2. WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 9 Recap/Grades
    By WVDolphan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
  3. WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 8 recap/grades
    By WVDolphan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 10:09 AM
  4. WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 6 Recap/Grades
    By WVDolphan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 02:51 PM
  5. WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 5 Recap/Grades
    By WVDolphan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •