Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: No Imagination of offense

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

No Imagination of offense

I realize Sherman doesn't have a hell of a lot to work with but after 10 games can anyone recall one reverse, end around, flea flicker, any type of gadget play.. maybe one or two all season

plus the MOST frustrating thing is Tannehill is ATHLETIC, he has mobility.. they are not using his legs at all. for all of you older members, they might as well have Don strock back there

maybe tannehills injury is bothering him but even before the injury they werent using his mobility.

very sad but i'm trying to rationalize that this really is a young team that needs a wr, db, te. problem is i am 46 and i have been saying the same thing for the past 37 seasons
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He Needs better pocket presense which i hope will come the more he plays. Def. need to roll him out more.
    Also, wish he would step up and run more often. Hopefully we will see more of that in the future. I'm just soooo sick of this crap every yr it's hard to watch anymore!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman1 View Post
    He Needs better pocket presense which i hope will come the more he plays. Def. need to roll him out more.
    Also, wish he would step up and run more often. Hopefully we will see more of that in the future. I'm just soooo sick of this crap every yr it's hard to watch anymore!!!
    have you met thewalrus?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    have you met thewalrus?
    have you met Potter smartA**
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    You think its possible the coaches are concerned that Tannehill may throw a bunch of INTs if they open it up too much? The guy did throw 2 INTs in a row when it was balls out late in the game because we had to try and score a TD to win. Maybe they feel they have to pick their spots very carefully to attack with the passing game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually think Sherman is great at coaching players, the play calling is what always disturbed me while he was at A&M.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The snap count is very predictable. It always seems to end with "go go" which means the opposing D is primed at the first "go". Real basic stuff but i'm seeing it every game...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    You think its possible the coaches are concerned that Tannehill may throw a bunch of INTs if they open it up too much? The guy did throw 2 INTs in a row when it was balls out late in the game because we had to try and score a TD to win. Maybe they feel they have to pick their spots very carefully to attack with the passing game.
    No I dont
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.W. GA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a question for whomever wants to answer it....Lets say that at the end of the season Mike Sherman decides to call it a career and retire...Who out there could Coach Philbin bring in to be our new OC? I'm not saying Sherman will do that,but he's what,high 50s to mid 60s in age? I guess i'm just looking down the road a little bit.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    That could be the case, but by being too careful they aren't winning anything either. Eventually they're going to have to take the training wheels off and let the kid play. They're not learning anything about him or even letting him learn by playing Sporano ball. In fact they may be ruining him.
    Quote Quote