Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Similar start to 2010

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Similar start to 2010

brandon marshall's first year we beat buffalo and minnesota on the road to start the season. then came home and lost to the jets and pats. cant have any letdowns on sunday!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    we didn't have a QB in 2010 and our head coach was clueless. i like our chances this time around

OMG... Horrible

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's also a similar start to 1972.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    if we lose the next two (very hard games in which imo we are up against the odds) it wont mean we are going to go 7-9.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    It's also a similar start to 1972.
    we didn't start off our '72 season with two road games
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    It's good to be reminded that we ought not to get too giddy after only 1/8th of the schedule has been played, but I do think we are a much different team than in 2010.

For starters, I think we will be good at home again this year (we were good at home last year under Philbin), our personnel is better (IMHO), and I think the team is much better coached.

I think all you need to know about the Miami Dolphins' 2010 coaching staff is that Dan Henning is retired and Tony Sparano is coaching linemen somewhere.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    It's good to be reminded that we ought not to get too giddy after only 1/8th of the schedule has been played, but I do think we are a much different team than in 2010.

For starters, I think we will be good at home again this year (we were good at home last year under Philbin), our personnel is better (IMHO), and I think the team is much better coached.

I think all you need to know about the Miami Dolphins' 2010 coaching staff is that Dan Henning is retired and Tony Sparano is coaching linemen somewhere.

also this team is much more business like. sparano acted like they won the super bowl every time they won a game. philbin doesnt let them get too high or too low. i like what wallace said last week too. he said he expects to win every game, thats just his nature, so he never gets too happy or giddy after a win cause thats what he expects.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CorduroyG View Post
    also this team is much more business like. sparano acted like they won the super bowl every time they won a game. philbin doesnt let them get too high or too low. i like what wallace said last week too. he said he expects to win every game, thats just his nature, so he never gets too happy or giddy after a win cause thats what he expects.

Your wrong! He acted like we won the Super Bowl after a 42 yard FG!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post

Its also good to be reminded what happened to us 3 years ago Different team, different philosophy, different mind set. This years team looks nothing like the 2010 team. Different RBs, LBs, DBs, WRs. Let this team make their own mark!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our offense still sucked despite being 2-0 in 2010. We went into Buffalo and dominated the Bills only and they still had a shot to steal it with a last possession TD because we put up a whopping 15 points. The next week in Minny we had one scoring drive and another TD setup by a Davis INT on like the 2 yard line. I remember being very happy with 2-0 but also concerned that we couldn't score any points. This offense isn't perfect but it's shiwng way more then the 10 team did. That 10 tea, went on to dominate some other teams everywhere but on the scoreboard and ended up losing some of those games. That offense was frustrating.
    Quote Quote