Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Irelands failure to address key positions now being severely exposed

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Ireland has consistently missed on 1st - 3rd rounders and that is the kiss of death.
    Which GM's are you comparing Ireland to? Who are you hiring to take his place?
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    U made the pudding but forgot the proof.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Over a year ago I couldn't understand how people defended Jeff Ireland... And now I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What more do people need to see???? Ireland has thrown an INORDINATE amount of money, picks, effort and time at the OL since Day 1 and we have YET to see any kind of return on that significant investment... The guy has been a proponent of an outdated philosophy... Everyone loves to talk about the last draft and yet we have the exact same weakness... And the response is what? Martin, Vernon, Clay and Miller???? And yet the Offense is still offensive, just like it was walking into the draft.. The funny thing is Martin might actually turn out to be the best pick only because we may need to move him over to the left side to cover for the other Ireland catastrophe Jake Long when we let him walk. It's not even funny.

Man you Ireland supporters are easy to please.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @fish-head your 100% correct
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish-Head View Post
    Over a year ago I couldn't understand how people defended Jeff Ireland... And now I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What more do people need to see???? Ireland has thrown an INORDINATE amount of money, picks, effort and time at the OL since Day 1 and we have YET to see any kind of return on that significant investment... The guy has been a proponent of an outdated philosophy... Everyone loves to talk about the last draft and yet we have the exact same weakness... And the response is what? Martin, Vernon, Clay and Miller???? And yet the Offense is still offensive, just like it was walking into the draft.. The funny thing is Martin might actually turn out to be the best pick only because we may need to move him over to the left side to cover for the other Ireland catastrophe Jake Long when we let him walk. It's not even funny.

Man you Ireland supporters are easy to please.
    #1 pick Long was a Pro Bowler, #1 pick Pouncey is a Pro Bowler, and who knows about Martin? Jerry was a 3rd rounder, who I belive will work out, and Cog was a FA. Gotta understand that a change in scheme affects players from another one.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #1 pick Long was a Pro Bowler, #1 pick Pouncey is a Pro Bowler, and who knows about Martin? Jerry was a 3rd rounder, who I belive will work out, and Cog was a FA. Gotta understand that a change in scheme affects players from another one.
    thats the problem, were spending to many picks and too much time focusing on the offensive line when we should be grabbing playmakers and game changers. The giants haven't taken on OL in the first round since 05 but what they have been doing is loading up on pass rushers and WR's, and how has that formula worked? 2 superbowls in 4 years. How has are formula worked which is an ancient philosophy from the 80's?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jeff Ireland just needs time. Rome wasn't built in a decade, ya know.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Jeff Ireland just needs time. Rome wasn't built in a decade, ya know.
    However, Rome did burn in no time.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    thats the problem, were spending to many picks and too much time focusing on the offensive line when we should be grabbing playmakers and game changers. The giants haven't taken on OL in the first round since 05 but what they have been doing is loading up on pass rushers and WR's, and how has that formula worked? 2 superbowls in 4 years. How has are formula worked which is an ancient philosophy from the 80's?
    They went through some growing pains as well, though. They also have a stud QB. Tannehill is a rookie. Period. He's not playing well right now. Not saying he's doomed but RIGHT NOW he's making a bunch of mistakes that you simply can't place only on the receiving corps and the blocking. He missed several key throws last night, including one which would have put Miami in the red zone, possibly for a touchdown. Remember Clay being wide open in the middle at the 24? Tannehill overthrew him
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's just amazing how many people on this board are so happy with losing season after losing season. They think Ireland just needs more time. Give him another 5 years and we might be able to put an oline together that can run block for 4 yards instead of 3? He drafts as if drafting playmakers is a crime. And for those who thinks he's so greart cause he took Tannehill, he had no choice. They'd had hang him if he had passed on yet another first round QB. I like to think I'm a fair person and therefor I don't blame Ireland for the bad teams we've had in like forever. But he's been here long enough. The guy doesn't getting still that you don't built a winner from the inside out and anymore in the NFL. That worked 20 years ago. He wants and always have wanted a "big" team. He said that from the start. He wanted to be able to bully other teams with big players. Well, look who got manhandle and embarrased last night. Both our lines, the oline more so but even the dline got pushed around. Ine the end, what is so wrong with having a new GM anyway? You can bring a new GM and still keep Philbin. Let Philbin suggest a couple of guys he'd like as the GM and let them work together but get Ireland out.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Every team has holes, and it's not like he didn't try to fill them: Martin, Vernon, Clay, and Miller (playmaker) all made sense in terms of need positions. And really, he did go ahead and 'fill' our biggest hole at QB. Only so much you can do in one off-season with a re-building team whose rookie QB isn't so hot. And I have a strong feeling Philbin made most of the decision to move Marshall and Vontae. Joe's on some kind of ego-trip since he got here.
    Here we go again. Ireland gets credit for Tannehill but Philbin gets the blame for Marshall and Davis.

I like how you flippantly say he needs more than 1 year to rebuild. Ireland has been here for a lot more than 1 year and he's "rebuilding" his own mess.
    Quote Quote