Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'll Defend Tannehill!

1. -11
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. Its tough for any qb let alone a rookie to throw to this awful wr core and have to go up against 7-8 guys in coverage. The kid has all the tools to be an elite nfl qb but he needs help! Damn you ireland!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you, Thank you so much! We have "fans" ready to throw the poor Qb to the wolves already...

Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    What I'm seeing is a very fruatrated QB, who's forcing throws because his receivers aren't getting any separation at all, his running game is non existent, and he'a getting harassed by D-linemen because his line is playing terribly! he's getting tired of going 3 and out so he's trying to force throws to covered players hoping one of them will make a play. But it's obvious that's no happening! It's not like he's missing guys that are open! I think only once did I hear jaws break down a play where it appears he missed an open receiver! But after I looked at the play again, he actually threw the ball where clay should have been going but for some reason Clay cut the crossing route short and faded towards the middle of the field which lead to the incomplete pass. The main difference between how we were playing in the beginning of the season and now is that our running game was working, and our oline was playing well. Neither of those things are happening now and we don't have the receiving core or QB(due to youth and inexperience) to make up for it. Tannehill is a rookie so I'm not expecting him to play like Peyton manning. You see what the colts did, they kept Reggie Wayne and drafted Hilton and fleener so their rookie QB would have a chance of success! What did we do? Cut Marshall and signed Legedu Nene! FAIL! lets prepare for next year, get egnew, Lamar miller, Vernon, Matthews, all the young guys... Some more playing time! Because I really don't see us beating Seattle, NE, which means no playoffs for us!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasonsMusic View Post
    I see a qb who has choked away 2-4 games now with interceptions and can't lead back for a win. Not impressed the new car feel is over.
    Welcome to my ignore list.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    Welcome to my ignore list.
    Wait their's an IGNORE feature?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Wait their's an IGNORE feature?
    Hell yes brother!! I use the crap out of it. Anybody who is hating on Tannehill gets instantly blocked, since it's obvious they are stupid. Saves me from reading their garbage.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would like to chime in here.

I think we have to somewhat meet in the middle here. By no means should we be throwing the towel in on Ryan Tannehill. The guy has nobody to throw to, this offensive line is a sieve (leaking everywhere), and the running game has been pathetic (also an O Line issue).

That being said, T Hill has had some accuracy issues. He's thrown some really great balls but I have also seen some that were head scratchers. Believe it or not, a lot of the picks were not included in my head scratching throws. They were mostly on short to intermediate routes where he has either overthrown or just plain missed his receiver. This could all be growing pains OR it could be a sign that this guy will simply not be an elite QB. That's the problem with accuracy issues. Sometimes guys can fix them and other situations they cannot. It's one of those traits you would like to see as a positive coming out of college.

We have to ride this guy out for the rest of the year and all of next year and truly see what he has. If he doesn't develop, you move on. I believe he may be able to develop into a VERY good QB, but he has to fix some things and this back office need to get him some playmakers AND bodies on the line that can play.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasonsMusic View Post
    I see a qb who has choked away 2-4 games now with interceptions and can't lead back for a win. Not impressed the new car feel is over.
    Actually I saw a QB that put us in position to win 2 of those 4 games and his teammates didn't come through. Football is a team game sir, this aint Tennis or Golf.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qmar View Post
    Would like to chime in here.

I think we have to somewhat meet in the middle here. By no means should we be throwing the towel in on Ryan Tannehill. The guy has nobody to throw to, this offensive line is a sieve (leaking everywhere), and the running game has been pathetic (also an O Line issue).

That being said, T Hill has had some accuracy issues. He's thrown some really great balls but I have also seen some that were head scratchers. Believe it or not, a lot of the picks were not included in my head scratching throws. They were mostly on short to intermediate routes where he has either overthrown or just plain missed his receiver. This could all be growing pains OR it could be a sign that this guy will simply not be an elite QB. That's the problem with accuracy issues. Sometimes guys can fix them and other situations they cannot. It's one of those traits you would like to see as a positive coming out of college.

We have to ride this guy out for the rest of the year and all of next year and truly see what he has. If he doesn't develop, you move on. I believe he may be able to develop into a VERY good QB, but he has to fix some things and this back office need to get him some playmakers AND bodies on the line that can play.

Im with you bro! There have been times where Tanny would miss a guy wide open in the flats or maybe missed a throw or two here and there but every QB misses throws, so I don't expect him to be perfect. But I agree, while i think he's going to be good, the jury is definantly still out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    What I'm seeing is a very fruatrated QB, who's forcing throws because his receivers aren't getting any separation at all, his running game is non existent, and he'a getting harassed by D-linemen because his line is playing terribly! he's getting tired of going 3 and out so he's trying to force throws to covered players hoping one of them will make a play. But it's obvious that's no happening! It's not like he's missing guys that are open! I think only once did I hear jaws break down a play where it appears he missed an open receiver! But after I looked at the play again, he actually threw the ball where clay should have been going but for some reason Clay cut the crossing route short and faded towards the middle of the field which lead to the incomplete pass. The main difference between how we were playing in the beginning of the season and now is that our running game was working, and our oline was playing well. Neither of those things are happening now and we don't have the receiving core or QB(due to youth and inexperience) to make up for it. Tannehill is a rookie so I'm not expecting him to play like Peyton manning. You see what the colts did, they kept Reggie Wayne and drafted Hilton and fleener so their rookie QB would have a chance of success! What did we do? Cut Marshall and signed Legedu Nene! FAIL! lets prepare for next year, get egnew, Lamar miller, Vernon, Matthews, all the young guys... Some more playing time! Because I really don't see us beating Seattle, NE, which means no playoffs for us!
    Wow, this has to be a record for most excuses ever in a single paragraph...congratulations!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    Wow, this has to be a record for most excuses ever in a single paragraph...congratulations!
    Reasons for why things are happening and excuses are two different things homie. Name me one QB in the league right now that is successfull with equal or worst talent than Tannehill is playing with..... Take your time... I'll wait.
    Quote Quote