Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'll Defend Tannehill!

1. -21
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess the fixing is pretty simple... if Tannehill is given enough time to read he will deliver, I would use the PS receivers and ASAP to see what they can do.

adding a couple more pieces into the offense will let the Dolphins do better things.

We will be playing for next year, and that is also a Plus!!!

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ormond Beach, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasonsMusic View Post
    I see a qb who has choked away 2-4 games now with interceptions and can't lead back for a win. Not impressed the new car feel is over.
    Bingo! I'm tired of the excuses everyone keeps making about this kid. He's not a playmaker. A good QB MAKES plays despite lack of OL and running game. Tanny fails time after time to make plays. He's afraid to roll out of the pocket unless it's a designed call. Tannehill has shown me absolutely nothing. Being called ridiculed by posters on this board for pointing out that Tannehill sucks is ludicrous. Hey Tannehill lovers, BITE ME! Tannehill SUCKS! He chokes down the stretch time after time. Good QB's don't do that. He has CHOKED every game in the 4th that we needed him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IKNOWEVERYTHING View Post
    Bingo! I'm tired of the excuses everyone keeps making about this kid. He's not a playmaker. A good QB MAKES plays despite lack of OL and running game. Tanny fails time after time to make plays. He's afraid to roll out of the pocket unless it's a designed call. Tannehill has shown me absolutely nothing. Being called ridiculed by posters on this board for pointing out that Tannehill sucks is ludicrous. Hey Tannehill lovers, BITE ME! Tannehill SUCKS! He chokes down the stretch time after time. Good QB's don't do that. He has CHOKED every game in the 4th that we needed him.
    Well then start rooting for another team! We have enough ignorant fans!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSSUCK View Post
    Nice easy insight that offers nothing. Thanks
    You mean insides like "Tannehill is great, receivers suck"?

Honestly, this whole discussion is mood. On one side people say it's on Tannehill and the other side says it's all on the receivers. But neither side is right or wrong at this time nor has either side the exclusive claims to have the all-knowledge of football wisdom. Most of us speculate out of emotions. Neither wants to be wrong. And most of us have nothing but hope left.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasonsMusic View Post
    I see a qb who has choked away 2-4 games now with interceptions and can't lead back for a win. Not impressed the new car feel is over.
    Not hard to lose games when you have no receivers who can make separation as well as no running game. I don't have a problem with us losing these games. We have a young qb and now a better pick every week for the next draft. And I am very excited with these draft picks.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins117 View Post
    Not hard to lose games when you have no receivers who can make separation as well as no running game. I don't have a problem with us losing these games. We have a young qb and now a better pick every week for the next draft. And I am very excited with these draft picks.
    I hope Ireland doesn't **** them up.........
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let me say this i dont post much but it does get aggravating when i see post that our QB sucks , and already to throw him out , what we need is logic thinking defenses are taking the way the middle of the field, your telling me that bess and hartline will burn them deep i really doubt it , there is a reason why we cut marshall and traded davis, we are stocking pilling picks for the draft, as soon as they traded davis i knew they were looking towards next year, people did we really think we were going to make a serious run at the playoffs, i was hopeing but i knew it was a very small chance , but we need a very strong draft we need a top wideout and offensive line help, pass rusher would be nice but the jury is still out on vernon i think he will be ok for us. Lets give tannehill some weapons before we think he is ryan leaf.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    While the people bashing Tannehill so hard they are calling him Henne and declaring that we should already be moving on from him are going a bit overboard, these kinds of threads are just as ridiculous only from the polar opposite side.

Could you make any more excuses for the guy? To act like no QB in the league could be making plays with this offense is utter nonsense. There have been opportunities for Tannehill to make plays and he hasnt.

I dont understand why you cant criticize his play without being ridiculous and saying its certain he will never be any good at this point. But, I also dont understand why you have to make a ton of complete bull**** excuses and act like he does no wrong or that he has had absolutely no chance to succeed. Get real. Its like Fox News and MSNBC around here.

Tannehill has played like dog**** for 10 qtrs now. It is what it is. He needs to improve. Most of us are hoping he will.

Just because we dont have an all star roster and the OL has been a joke, dosent mean Tannehill couldnt have made some plays. He had some chances and he has failed just as badly as the rest of the offensive players have. When the line gives him time, a receiver is open, and he misses badly, thats on Tannehill, not everyone else. When Jake Wrong and Martin get bulldozed and the DEs meet at the QB, thats on them. When nobody gets open, thats on the WRs.

There has been plenty of blame to go around. Tannehill deserves his share. It also wouldnt kill him to actually make a play on occasion when the circumstances arent the greatest. Thats what the good QBs do. If Tannehill is going to be a good one, he will have to start making some of these plays. It is possible for a QB to make a big play even when someone on the OL gets beaten you know. Andrew Luck did it all day against us.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep. You can't have it both ways people, when Hartline was leading the league in receiving Tanny got a lot of the credit for elevating the play of the wr's and deservedly so because thats what good QBs do. Now that his numbers have come back down to earth Hartline gets a lot the blame for Tannehill sucking.
    Last edited by roy_miami; 11-17-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FishAttack

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    While the people bashing Tannehill so hard they are calling him Henne and declaring that we should already be moving on from him are going a bit overboard, these kinds of threads are just as ridiculous only from the polar opposite side.

Could you make any more excuses for the guy? To act like no QB in the league could be making plays with this offense is utter nonsense. There have been opportunities for Tannehill to make plays and he hasnt.

I dont understand why you cant criticize his play without being ridiculous and saying its certain he will never be any good at this point. But, I also dont understand why you have to make a ton of complete bull**** excuses and act like he does no wrong or that he has had absolutely no chance to succeed. Get real. Its like Fox News and MSNBC around here.

Tannehill has played like dog**** for 10 qtrs now. It is what it is. He needs to improve. Most of us are hoping he will.

Just because we dont have an all star roster and the OL has been a joke, dosent mean Tannehill couldnt have made some plays. He had some chances and he has failed just as badly as the rest of the offensive players have. When the line gives him time, a receiver is open, and he misses badly, thats on Tannehill, not everyone else. When Jake Wrong and Martin get bulldozed and the DEs meet at the QB, thats on them. When nobody gets open, thats on the WRs.

There has been plenty of blame to go around. Tannehill deserves his share. It also wouldnt kill him to actually make a play on occasion when the circumstances arent the greatest. Thats what the good QBs do. If Tannehill is going to be a good one, he will have to start making some of these plays. It is possible for a QB to make a big play even when someone on the OL gets beaten you know. Andrew Luck did it all day against us.
    2 weeks ago tannehill was the real deal for you...you are a funny men
    Quote Quote