Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do?

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do?

Ryan Tannehill is 0-5 when throwing 1 or more picks.

My concern is his lack of touchdowns and the inability to score points when we need to.

My question is this, come next season, if he continues to play like this (more INT's than TD's) would you continue to play him 2 more years. (total of 4 years?)

Should we at this point play Moore or Devlin to see if they have anything else to offer and possibly save the season or do we tank it and position ourselves for the upcoming draft?

d-1
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    Ryan Tannehill is 0-5 when throwing 1 or more picks.

My concern is his lack of touchdowns and the inability to score points when we need to.

My question is this, come next season, if he continues to play like this (more INT's than TD's) would you continue to play him 2 more years. (total of 4 years?)

Should we at this point play Moore or Devlin to see if they have anything else to offer and possibly save the season or do we tank it and position ourselves for the upcoming draft?

d-1
    I see who is out there in the draft. However, this offseason I dedicated the draft and offseason to getting talent on the offense so we see if he has it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    his lack of TDs is mainly due to lack of receivers and playmakers. We have to give him some more talent around him
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    That is the question...how much patience does the fan base have? It is going to be a process for RT to become a good NFL QB. He is not Andrew Luck or RGIII.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Tannehill gets the entire 2012 season as a learning and growth year, and he automatically enters the 2013 season as the starter. No question about it. You spend the entire offseason building the team around him and acquiring talent for him to use. If he completely bombs in 2013 then you can start talking about alternatives, but talking about it now is useless. He is a rookie going through growing pains, and what you see in November 2012 is likely not going to be the same quarterback in November 2013. It is pointless at this moment to talk about other quarterback options because the book on Tannehill just opened. Let's at least finish the first chapter before deciding if the entire book is going to be bad or start reading another one.

There is absolutley no benefit in playing Matt Moore or Pat Devlin. Moore likely will be with another team in 2013 and really the best hope for Devlin is to become a solid #2. Tannehill is the guy and you keep letting him develop. I am really not liking this "Tannehill sucks" and "Start another QB" talk. Very short sighted.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    First of all...go get him a Larry Fitzgerald after this season!!!

A guy can dream, can he?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Devlin had been playing this year, we would be ahead of the Patriots right now guaranteed. But heck we're losers, we can't even play our best qb because we invested so much in Tannehill, and we're going to waste a couple more years.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's an extremely broad hypothetical. There are a lot of factors to consider. Would he be healthy? Would the o-line be blocking reasonably well? Are his receivers getting open? Are they catching the ball? Are opposing defenses unafraid of our running game? Is he making up for his mistakes with great plays?
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    If Devlin had been playing this year, we would be ahead of the Patriots right now guaranteed. But heck we're losers, we can't even play our best qb because we invested so much in Tannehill, and we're going to waste a couple more years.
    I truly hope that was a joke post
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Odd how two coaching staffs and the entire league that didn't draft him could not see what you see. I for one am shocked.

Quote Quote