Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The best way to keep Philbin/Tannehill is hire Peterson or Gaine.

1. -11
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: The best way to keep Philbin/Tannehill is hire Peterson or Gaine.

Imo if ireland is fired then philbin will get the choice of gm..or at least have major input...from what the reports were during the hiring process of our gm was that Ross wanted Philbin so why would he be gone if jeff is gone? Makes no sense imo.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The only one that can fire Ireland is Ross, and I just don't get the sense that he is looking to replace him. Ross never stood up for Sparano or Parcells, but he has placed a lot of confidence in Ireland and has backed him every step of the way. Don't be shocked if Ireland is here next offseason.
    That's just not correct. He stood up for Tony Sparano and even gave him a contract extension, right up to the point he fired him.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Do people like Elliott Wolf because Elliott Wolf is qualified, or do people like Elliott Wolf because Elliott Wolf is Ron Wolf's son?

Be honest.

Blood lines didn't work out too great with Chris Polian.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Brian Gaines is my buddys old college roommate. I got to meet him at my buds wedding. He flew up to NH. He got me my tix for the Pats game, down in Miami on Dec 2nd, that im flying down for. Not that any of this means anything, but just think if he got the GM job, the percs i'd get!! I'd sure try and share em with you all too
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Misplaced PhinFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Live Oak, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny6813 View Post
    Brian Gaines is my buddys old college roommate. I got to meet him at my buds wedding. He flew up to NH. He got me my tix for the Pats game, down in Miami on Dec 2nd, that im flying down for. Not that any of this means anything, but just think if he got the GM job, the percs i'd get!! I'd sure try and share em with you all too
    Free tickets for all of Finheaven...lol bring him in
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fact that the Dolphins thought that John Jerry was a better pick than Jimmy Graham, and then this year picked up Egnew instead of Chris Givens or TY Hilton tells you that these guys don't know what to look for at those positions.

Then they miraculously don't have any db's other than Jones that can make a big play in the secondary, which also shows they have no clue how to evaluate db's.

And this is not hindsight. Numerous of us on FH would have made those better picks. It's pathetic that some of us can make the right evaluation from our living room and Ireland/Gaines struggled mentally with the intellectual necessities to make the right picks for players in our back yard. Heinous and pathetic.

Taking Jared Odrick instead of Earl Thomas. Again, they couldn't compute Thomas's ability and tremendous value he would be bringing. Intellectually, they decided to draft Jared Odrick, who is a good 3-4 end but at the time we had Kendall Langford who was doing well, and then we let him go because we had Odrick. That's just dumb. Build your team and then don't let one building block go when you could have solved a major need with Earl Thomas. Free safeties with the whole package that Earl Thomas has, do not grow on trees. Major missed opportunity. We could have just kept Langford and drafted Earl Thomas, and we'd be so much better off. But these guys just can't get it right, mentally.

Not to mention Clyde Gates or Patrick Turner.

And these are major needs that didn't have to be.

So, no, I don't want Gaines in charge.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ross is a big fool if he retains Ireland. Jeff needed to be shown the door when Sparano was fired.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The only one that can fire Ireland is Ross, and I just don't get the sense that he is looking to replace him. Ross never stood up for Sparano or Parcells, but he has placed a lot of confidence in Ireland and has backed him every step of the way. Don't be shocked if Ireland is here next offseason.
    And don't be shocked if this is what the stadium looks like on opening day if Ireland is still here:

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    And don't be shocked if this is what the stadium looks like on opening day if Ireland is still here:

Attendance was a problem before Ireland, with Ireland and will be after Ireland.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'd have to go back and find some threads for people clamoring for jimmy graham. If memory serves me correctly he was kind of leonard hankersonish... very raw and most thought he would need some time to develope.

I know that I knew of graham following the canes, but I had no idea he would flourish so quickly. Having a quarterback the likes of drew brees probably helps one develope a touch quicker.

You could literally do this type of thing for every pick that jeff ireland has made... there is always going to be someone who was taken later that did something faster or better than the guy we took. You have to trust your board, thats why you work for so long making it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Attendance will improve when the team gives hope and resembles a 21st century football team.
    Quote Quote