Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Et Tu, officials? Why the screwjob by the zebras?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks

Cime Et Tu, officials? Why the screwjob by the zebras?

I'm mad about what happened to our offense. I'll accept the bad form (to a degree) by Nolan Carroll and those penalties, but Buffalo's D got away with murder and that PI on Hartline was ridiculously weak. If Hartline would've actually pushed that guy he would've been picking turf out his helmet.
    There was a brutal no-call when a DB slammed into our receiver about an 1/8 note beat before the ball got there. That's PI all god damn day. Miami had momentum, Tanny was on fire at that point, and that call killed our game.

At the end of the day though, Tanny threw a lemon on that last ball. Just plain innacurate. He stepped into it and everything and the ball came out of his had wobbly and errant.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    It isn't the officials fault that the Dolphins aren't a great team. If they didn't put themselves in the positions they end up in, none of what the refs have done is relevant.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is relevant. We seem to be getting the short end of the stick for awhile now. I do agree to an extent you make your own luck. I wish someone on this defense could just catch a ball!

New England doesn't drop half as many opps...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This team is in disarray at the moment. The refs do not pass protect, open running lanes, and throw and catch.
    As much as I agree with the notion that we getting a lot of bad calls lately, those calls are not the reason we lost.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Et Tu, officials? Why the screwjob by the zebras?

Just like in the Green Bay game that got the regular officials back. You shouldn't be in a position that allows a referee's call, good or bad, to determine the outcome of a game. Period.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was sitting right in front of that touchback call on the 1 on our 2nd to last drive... Call me crazy but that call looked terrible from my view, maybe I just had a bad angle but it looked like the ball sailed straight into the end zone and I was shocked he marked it at the one.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    It isn't the officials fault that the Dolphins aren't a great team. If they didn't put themselves in the positions they end up in, none of what the refs have done is relevant.
    This is not true, Do you think the score would be a little different if those penalties were not called on our Defense and were called on Buffalo's? Yes we did play bad but bad calls by a ref can change a game. It is easy to say we shouldnt put ourselves in position to leave it up to the refs but lets be honest, every game you are not going to blow someone out, there will be close games where you play bad.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought it was a touch back also, but maybe it was just the angle? I was really surprized that they didn't show it in slow mo from a few different angles on tv to show that it went out at the 1 yard line.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, we suck. Yes, we have little talent at skill positions.

But still, come the f*** on! That was a terrible game, the refs were out to screw us from that start. Holding constantly on Wake, PI going for them no matter O/D. Such a large amount of BS. Have you guys seen the new Longest Yard with Adam Sandler in it? If I were Tannehill, I'd start throwing some lasers right at the zebras... "oops"

I'm surprised they didnt call some invisible hold of clipping on Thigpen's return

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikema View Post
    It is relevant. We seem to be getting the short end of the stick for awhile now. I do agree to an extent you make your own luck. I wish someone on this defense could just catch a ball!

New England doesn't drop half as many opps...
    We're getting the short end of the stick because we're making piss poor decisions on the football field.

At what point do people stop blaming other people and begin looking in the mirror and seeing the real problem.

Sick and tired of the Dolphins playing sloppy and then reading here that it's someone else's fault.

If they play poorly, it's THEIR fault. It's not the refs fault that Nolan Carroll can't cover anyone deep without holding on to them.

Not the refs fault that Jimmy Wilson dropped a pick in the end zone that led to a field goal.

Not the refs fault that we allowed McKelvin to house one against us.

Stop blaming officials and be accountable for your own stupidity on the field of play. Jake Long got WORKED last night. Not the officials fault.

Quote Quote