Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Et Tu, officials? Why the screwjob by the zebras?

1. -11
    Declaw the Jags

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Fans of bad teams are always criticizing the refs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT FinFan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bring back the replacement refs!
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    You dont excuse poor officiating becuase our team is bad. Regardless of our talent, and regardless of the playcalling and execution, the refs still need to call a fair game.

Nobody is saying we lost because of the refs, but they certainly ruined a few opportunities for us. They were even ready to call Bess' TD catch incomplete when a ref was 3 feet away staring at his feet. Seriously, you cant excuse some of the poor officiating we have seen the past few weeks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    I assume you watched the game last night, do you think the refs did a good job? Leave out the fact that we sucked as a team and dissevered to lose, do you think there were a lot of missed calls or not? I don't under stand why when fans criticized the refs we are atomically looking for someone else to blame and not able to accept responsibility. The fact of the
    matter is the refs had a bad game just like we did. If they call a PI when Hartline gets the People's Elbow thrown to the back of his head, or Wake gets the holding called on 3 and 10 when the RT put him in a head lock and DDT'd him to the ground do we win the game? I'm going to say no, we most likely don't. But does that change the fact that those should of been called even know as a team we stuck to high heaven? No, it doesn't. I don't think people on here are complying about ticky tack stuff, these were blatantly obvious calls that were missed. How many times did Mayock say he didn't agree with a call against us last night? And how many more were painfully visible and went unmentioned. It's ok for us to call out the secondary for not being able to cover Stevie Johnson Gmom, or Hartline for not being able to run past a wet paper bag, but we can't call out the refs when they blow calls. I don't understand that double standard

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    You dont excuse poor officiating becuase our team is bad. Regardless of our talent, and regardless of the playcalling and execution, the refs still need to call a fair game.

Nobody is saying we lost because of the refs, but they certainly ruined a few opportunities for us. They were even ready to call Bess' TD catch incomplete when a ref was 3 feet away staring at his feet. Seriously, you cant excuse some of the poor officiating we have seen the past few weeks.
    Well put. This is what I was trying to get at, you just beat me to it
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    before i get to my problems with the refs, let me say this so i ppl dnt think i am blaming our loss on the refs.

we deff deserved to lose last night. our offensive line could not ****ing block for there lives, our qb ****ing stunk, our run game was nowhere to be found, our defense despite not allowing any touchdowns still i felt allowed to many 1st downs, including a drive to begin the 2nd half, that only yielded 3 pts but took up nearly 7 minutes which was critical. we deserved to lose.

however, i do have a problem with the refs. look, i am not going to bash them for not calling holds on wake, bc although he does get held a lot, we mainly focus on the dolphins the most in depth and analyze every play, so im sure if we watched other teams as close up as the fins, we would see many other elite pass rushers being held and not getting calls. it ****ing sucks, but holding in the nfl happens every play, and sometime it is called, sometimes it is not. its something that will never be consistently called, especially on offensive lineman. that i can live with as annoying as it is to watch.

however what i cant live with is the inconsistency of the pass interference crap. carroll may have committed some penalties there that were called, which was fine from the refs view, but at least ****ing be consistent. i mean u can argue there was contact with bess down the sideline in the 1st half i believe it was and no flag, and then hartline gets hit clearly before the ball arrives and they totally blow that. i dont mind if u want to ****ing let both teams play and not call many flags, as a matter of fact i like it that way, but if ur going to do that, can u at least be ****ing consistent and not favor one team over the other in that aspect?

also, the missed running into the kicker in the 1st qtr was also bs. it was so ****ing clear. how the **** do they miss that? the refs r always watching the punter, how do u just happen to miss that, or even worse see it and not call it?

another ****ing horrible call was the offensive passing interference on brian hartline. Now did he maybe use his hands a bit? ok, possibly, but i see every ****ing time i watch football wrs do exactly what hartline did, if not a lot more blatant, yet in that situation, they decide its warranted to call a penalty. again, be ****ing consistent, if u want to call that, go ahead, but call it the entire game, dont just decide when to do so.

bottom line, we deserved to lose, we stunk it up on offense, it was so ****ing pathetic our showing, the last 10 ****ing quarters we basically have been blanketed by arguably the 3 worst defenses in the nfl.

to put it in perspective, the new york ****ing jets with mark ****ing sanchez at qb put up 48 pts of offense ( of maybe they had a punt return td and int td return) but still 34 pts then and that was also without playing hard in the 4th, and then 28 pts vs the colts i believe. this is the new york jets we r talking about. i do not know how much they will put up vs the titans when they play them, but im betting more than 3.

if a pathetic offense can light up the scoreboard like that, how the **** do we score a total of 30 pts vs those 3 teams? it is downright pathetic.

bottom line, these nfl refs were not the reason we lost yesterday as we played like **** and deserved to lose, so do not think i am blaming the refs for our loss. however, as a huge nfl fan ( as im sure everyone on this site is also) and for the ****ing integrity of the game, these ****ers better shape up. everyone was crying for these bastards to come back from there holdout, and crucifying the replacements, who although at times looked as inept as can be, at least they tried there hardest and also it was not there fault, its not there job, they were doing the best they can.

these clowns are supposed to be the best of the best, and yet week after week they make such horrendous calls, not just vs us, but in general, heck go back last week, those clowns let 1.12 run off the clock in the rams 49ers game during a measurement. wtf r they not signaling for the clock to be stopped, but rather letting it go.

or last week in the pats bills game, a pass is thrown like 5 yds out of the endzone to brandon lloyd, clearly uncatchable, yet the refs give the pats a 37 yd gift spotting them a td. i mean i can go on and on as i am sure everyone on here can, but this **** has got to stop as these douche bags are ruining the great game of the nfl.

i know blame can be put on goodell as he also ****ing blows, but i am sure even the calls that r being made ( not talking about the roughing the passer or any of the other contact to the head **** penalties he is upset about.

these guys were supposed to be better than the replacements, but i think they r just as bad, and id give them a lot worse grade bc they r supposed to be the best, and yet they perform so poorly at there job.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    We're getting the short end of the stick because we're making piss poor decisions on the football field.
    That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Not related what so ever.

At what point do people stop blaming other people and begin looking in the mirror and seeing the real problem.
    You like to bash people for bashing the refs, but these are legit concerns that don't happen to other teams with the frequency they are happening with us. At what point do you blame the refs? Do they have to physically take the ball away from us before you see how bad they are boning us week in and week out? It is always said that football is a game of inches. The refs are taking inches away from us nearly every week and it kills us. I'm not saying that the Dolphins would be undefeated if not for the bad calls. We are a thin team and need work. Which is exactly why we need the game to be called fairly, and when we get drive killing BS penalties it is more crushing to us then some other teams.

Sick and tired of the Dolphins playing sloppy and then reading here that it's someone else's fault.
    We are too, but you're confusing our beef with the refs with our thin roster.

If they play poorly, it's THEIR fault. It's not the refs fault that Nolan Carroll can't cover anyone deep without holding on to them.
    Of course not. It's not the punters fault that he didn't get a flag when the defender clearly hit him.

Not the refs fault that Jimmy Wilson dropped a pick in the end zone that led to a field goal.
    Of course not. It's not Hartline's fault that he got elbows in the head like trying to make a catch.

Not the refs fault that we allowed McKelvin to house one against us.
    Uh, yeah it is because Fields got hit on the kick which is supposed to be against the rules.

Stop blaming officials and be accountable for your own stupidity on the field of play. Jake Long got WORKED last night. Not the officials fault.
    We will blame the refs and the players the same. Long got worked last night, that is true. But so did Wake, by the refs, and that is true.
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Dolphins own their record and deserve it, but if you can watch the way these games are called and tell me the officiating is great or even consistent from week to week, then I don't know what you're watching.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Bills were flagged 11 times for 100 yards. The Fish were flagged 6 times for 69 yards. What a screw job........

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    The Bills were flagged 11 times for 100 yards. The Fish were flagged 6 times for 69 yards. What a screw job........
    Obvious encroachment was obvious.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    look, they called the bess TD a non-TD with two officials standing right there looking at his feet and they both missed it bigtime. obviously the bias was obvious.

That said our offense is predictable but Rishard Matthews would make this O more interesting in a hurry IMO

long overdue.
    Quote Quote