Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Et Tu, officials? Why the screwjob by the zebras?

1. -21
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-Omenon View Post
    We will blame the refs and the players the same. Long got worked last night, that is true. But so did Wake, by the refs, and that is true.
    Conspiracy theory guy right here. The world is out to get him.

The Buffalo player was blocked into Fields. Those are always non-calls.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Our guy disengaged, clearly.

Brad Smith lowered his shoulder.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The things you guys see lol.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Conspiracy theory guy right here. The world is out to get him.

Unless it's us. Pretty sure we got called for holding in the Indy game becase our guy got blocked into a Colts player.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank **** we had a challenge left or the refs would have screwed us out of a TD too.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i say conspiracy theory. the nfl is making sure the refs give the steelers enough leeway til big ben is healthy. the steelers are one of the afc's darling teams and it makes more sense for a team pushing for that wildcard birth to lose to give pitt some breathing room :-) theres ya another conspiracy. we'll play it out through the weekend. but yeah we played like doo doo on offense, refs have nothing to do with that. we couldnt block, we couldnt run, we couldnt move it through the air. but we were deflated early i think, which sucks because a team with veteran pressence shouldnt allow that to happen. the running into kicker was hit or miss, some games its called, others its not. ive seen blocked into kicker before and this is one that i prob would've called. but on the return you saw one of the bills players have his hands on a fins back and then he throws up his arms, they wouldnt show it on replays. ive said that i thought the 2nd PI call and the holding call on carroll were garbage, eeven the announcers said the holding call was garbage and they were pro buffalo the entire game. hartlines fumble i would say most refs would reverse the call and say incomplete pass, if they wouldve called the PI on hartline on the deep route it would've been huge. that is one that the WR gets most of the time on field. once again i think the pro-buf announcers even said hartlines offense-PI shouldnt been called. wake had to be reaching for an inhaler after the game cause he had arms around his neck as we was running by tackle so many times while being held. granted the refs did not stop our running game, we didnt block. they didnt stop our passing game (other than some bad calls), or our bad play calling. Good teams win inspite of adversary, we didnt, we're not a good team, yes i think we've lost a couple games this year cause of officiating, but if we were truly a good team the officiating wouldnt even matter. i just want to see us winning again, back when we were the leagues "darlings" the calls went our ways like it, believe it, or not. we become good again we'll get these calls, but right now they have to take care of their money makers, ala Pitt and Ind, and the best way to do that is by putting distance so "scrubs" like the fins dont make it in. Fins Up! 10-6 :-)
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I realize we played badly, but I was at the game with a Green Bay fan (completely neutral), and he pointed out several OUTRAGEOUS calls. The refs really are screwing us, it is not an excuse, it is a FACT.

That being said, my friend was also able to call which plays the Dolphins would run on offense about 75% of the time. Our offense is painfully predictable. I swear i saw Sparano in a Fins uniform fist-pumping on the sidelines.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    Obvious encroachment was obvious.
    If the refs were out to give the Fins a "screw job", I don't think they would have flagged the Bills nearly double what they gave the Fins. That being said, I think that the officiating needs improvement. Too many terrible calls this year league wide.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    If the refs were out to give the Fins a "screw job", I don't think they would have flagged the Bills nearly double what they gave the Fins. That being said, I think that the officiating needs improvement. Too many terrible calls this year league wide.
    Again, the Bills were correctly called for obvious encroachment (neutral zone infractions), offsides, and face mask penalties (got away with one too). Those calls had no real impact on the game. Unjustly, the refs gifted the Bills major field position and kept drives going which in turn limited our time of possession, time and time again.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    Again, the Bills were correctly called for obvious encroachment (neutral zone infractions), offsides, and face mask penalties (got away with one too). Those calls had no real impact on the game. Unjustly, the refs gifted the Bills major field position and kept drives going which in turn limited our time of possession, time and time again.
    Whether your statement is true or not, it fails to elude to your "screw job" theory. Were there terrible calls and non-calls against the Fins? Perhaps. I'll chalk those up to poor officiating, not malevolent officiating.
    Quote Quote