Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2012
    Posts:
    304
    vCash:
    1287
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    mrbunglez's Avatar
    Reading Is Fundamental

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    2,756
    vCash:
    8181
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

    Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

    Excellent read and spot on. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,080
    vCash:
    6611
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Excellent!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    mialuv13's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,417
    vCash:
    2421
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good read, it is pretty common to see a rookie QB struggle past the mid-way point of the season. He has to evolve as a QB if he want to avoid being dubbed Henne 2.0.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,080
    vCash:
    6611
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mialuv13 View Post
    Good read, it is pretty common to see a rookie QB struggle past the mid-way point of the season. He has to evolve as a QB if he want to avoid being dubbed Henne 2.0.
    You would think that! However, it seems like "fans" expect a seasoned Tom Brady/Payton Manning by now.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    johngarry's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    3,070
    vCash:
    6566
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

    I'm sorry, but we as fans were expecting the "Green Bay" offense… the West Coast offense… this offense we're running… ain't it. This offense is the A&M offense. We expected the WCO - Year#1... (ennnnnnnnnt) WRONG!! Review the last 5 A&M games…say it ain't so.

    And our defense on the backside, ain't the Cincy defense. The Zimmer/Coyle defense in Cincy had backers who played the ball not the man… in Cincy they run with eyes on the ball, making plays on the ball. IMO it's why our backers aren't reacting to the ball in the air or on the ground! They're not looking for a ball… they're watching a man.

    go ahead, blast me.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,080
    vCash:
    6611
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johngarry View Post
    I'm sorry, but we as fans were expecting the "Green Bay" offense… the West Coast offense… this offense we're running… ain't it. This offense is the A&M offense. We expected the WCO - Year#1... (ennnnnnnnnt) WRONG!! Review the last 5 A&M games…say it ain't so.

    And our defense on the backside, ain't the Cincy defense. The Zimmer/Coyle defense in Cincy had backers who played the ball not the man… in Cincy they run with eyes on the ball, making plays on the ball. IMO it's why our backers aren't reacting to the ball in the air or on the ground! They're not looking for a ball… they're watching a man.


    go ahead, blast me.
    Please explain, How do you expect a "GreenBay" offense without the personell and experience to run it effectively?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Tallow's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    162
    vCash:
    1134
    Loc:
    Coral Springz
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johngarry View Post
    I'm sorry, but we as fans were expecting the "Green Bay" offense… the West Coast offense… this offense we're running… ain't it. This offense is the A&M offense. We expected the WCO - Year#1... (ennnnnnnnnt) WRONG!! Review the last 5 A&M games…say it ain't so.

    go ahead, blast me.
    I dont know why you would expect anything different. We brought in a rookie and his former college head coach as the OC......I think it was pretty obvious we would be running a system similar to last years A&M
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    34,476
    vCash:
    120768
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Wow, can't believe I actually agree with something Michael Lombardi wrote. I have been very critical of Lombardi and think he has some hidden agendas in his NFL reporting(his son works for the Patriots), but he was spot on with this article. It also comes at a good time when some Dolphins fans are giving Tannehill some damning nicknames like "Hennehill" and starting to look at QB prospects in the upcoming draft. Hopefully this sheds some light for some people on the development of Tannehill.

    He started the season with a bad performance, had some very impressive games after that and now has had a couple of dud games. Just the normal up and downs of being a rookie NFL quarterback. There will always be the rare exception to rookie struggles like Luck(who had some horrific games himself this year) and Dalton.

    The lack of a dominating WR is killing the Dolphins right now, even though Hartline and Bess are having pretty good seasons. Hartline is putting up big yardage numbers, but he is not a type that defenses really have to game plan for or double cover. Some will complain that they shouldn't have traded Marshall because he was that threat, but he didn't want to remain in Miami, had a few off the field issues while here and never would have accepted playing with a rookie quarterback. Luck has a true #1 in Indianapolis, RGIII has some good targets in Washington and even Weeden has some young potential alpha receivers in Cleveland.

    While Tannehill has struggled in past weeks, he is not the big problem with the offense. In fact, get some better talent around him and he can be the solution to the passing woes since Marino retired. We can't forget that he is a ROOKIE quarterback with minimal talent around him. Blame Ireland or whatever for the offensive results, but don't give up on Tannehill. Don't even consider about throwing him in the trash and looking elsewhere, do eveything possible to build better pieces around him. Even a year of expeirence in the NFL and a full offseason will have him better prepared come the 2013 season. Some of the irritating mistakes he is making now will probably be a thing of the past come next season.

    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    4,080
    vCash:
    6611
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's play make believe: If the roles and offensive teams were reversed. Does anyone really think Luck would still look as impressive? Luck is talented "No Doubt" But those play makers on offense sure helps a ton.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Wow, can't believe I actually agree with something Michael Lombardi wrote. I have been very critical of Lombardi and think he has some hidden agendas in his NFL reporting(his son works for the Patriots), but he was spot on with this article. It also comes at a good time when some Dolphins fans are giving Tannehill some damning nicknames like "Hennehill" and starting to look at QB prospects in the upcoming draft. Hopefully this sheds some light for some people on the development of Tannehill.

    He started the season with a bad performance, had some very impressive games after that and now has had a couple of dud games. Just the normal up and downs of being a rookie NFL quarterback. There will always be the rare exception to rookie struggles like Luck(who had some horrific games himself this year) and Dalton.

    The lack of a dominating WR is killing the Dolphins right now, even though Hartline and Bess are having pretty good seasons. Hartline is putting up big yardage numbers, but he is not a type that defenses really have to game plan for or double cover. Some will complain that they shouldn't have traded Marshall because he was that threat, but he didn't want to remain in Miami, had a few off the field issues while here and never would have accepted playing with a rookie quarterback. Luck has a true #1 in Indianapolis, RGIII has some good targets in Washington and even Weeden has some young potential alpha receivers in Cleveland.

    While Tannehill has struggled in past weeks, he is not the big problem with the offense. In fact, get some better talent around him and he can be the solution to the passing woes since Marino retired. We can't forget that he is a ROOKIE quarterback with minimal talent around him. Blame Ireland or whatever for the offensive results, but don't give up on Tannehill. Don't even consider about throwing him in the trash and looking elsewhere, do eveything possible to build better pieces around him. Even a year of expeirence in the NFL and a full offseason will have him better prepared come the 2013 season. Some of the irritating mistakes he is making now will probably be a thing of the past come next season.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 01:35 AM
  2. Lombardi: Phins/Tannehill enduring normal growing pains
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 12:24 AM
  3. Growing pains hit the young Miami Dolphins
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 10:54 AM
  4. Serious growing pains.
    By raving in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
  5. Prepare yourself for growing pains
    By Wakey in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •