Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

1. -11
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    looking at the rest of the schedule & the way we're playing i honestly don't see us winning another game.
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elite14eva View Post
    looking at the rest of the schedule & the way we're playing i honestly don't see us winning another game.
    I very much expect them to be competitive against the better teams like San Fran and Patriots. I know it sounds crazy, but we've usually played up to tougher competition and down to lower ones.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Tannehill and the Dolphins clearly need more experience; therefore, they need to make more mistakes."

Oh **** me, that sounds exactly like Cam Cameron's "Fail forward fast" bs. We don't need to make more mistakes as much as expect them to happen.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Great Perspective on Tannehill per Michael Lombardi...Must Read

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...itter_lombardi

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

RT is not playing well right now. However, he has played better than I thought he would have this year. I will continue to stress the idea of him showing progress going in the last few games of the year. I have never been the biggest Lombardi guy, but he nails this one. Good piece.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...itter_lombardi

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

RT is not playing well right now. However, he has played better than I thought he would have this year. I will continue to stress the idea of him showing progress going in the last few games of the year. I have never been the biggest Lombardi guy, but he nails this one. Good piece.
    Seriously? I've thought he's always come across as very knowledgeable on TV. Especially when you're comparing him with the people next to him, i.e Sterling.

Also agree on the views he has of Tannehill. It doesn't help when your only two guys that can get open are really only possession recievers add that to certain play designs where we are playing max protect with two recievers running routes (I mean come on) and he's bound to struggle.

Mike Wallace is THE priority for this off-season. It's a perfect fit. Not sure if Dwayne Bowe really alters the dynamic of the offense all that much in terms of a guy who can stretch the field..
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want Bowe. Not a winner. He gets garbage stats and has really hurt his qb's. That would be another bad receiver evaluation if Ireland/Gaines bring him in.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Mike Wallace
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Let's play make believe: If the roles and offensive teams were reversed. Does anyone really think Luck would still look as impressive? Luck is talented "No Doubt" But those play makers on offense sure helps a ton.
    It's become popular to say Luck has so much better talent around him than Tannehill but is that really true?

Colts:

Wayne = 69 catches, 112 attempts, 61.6% comp, 931 yards, 13.5 ypc, 8.31 ypa, 3 TD
    Avery = 38 catches, 75 attempts, 50.6% comp, 519 yards, 13.7 ypc, 6.92 ypa, 1 TD

Combined = 107 catches, 187 attempts, 57.21% comp, 1450 yards, 13.55 ypc, 7.75 ypa, 4 TD...89.20 QB rating

Dolphins:
    Hartline = 53 catches, 87 attempts, 60.9% comp, 790 yards, 14.9 ypc, 9.08 ypa, 1 TD
    Bess = 48 catches, 81 attempts, 59.25% comp, 586 yards, 12.2 ypc, 7.23 ypa, 1 TD

Combined = 101 catches, 168 attempts, 60.11% comp, 1376 yards, 13.62 ypc, 8.19 ypa, 2 TD...90.28 QB rating

In addition Hartline/Bess have 380 yard after catch (yac) whereas Wayne/Avery only have 301 yac.

And looking at Fasano who has been a decent pass-catching TE ONLY has 26 catches, 200 yards, 7.7 ypc...last year Fasano had 34 catches, 451 yards, 14.1 ypc, 5 TD...Fasano is only 28 so he should be entering his prime. Going from 14.1 ypc to 7.7 must have something to do with the QB. And keep in mind it was M. Moore throwing him the ball last year, not a Brady, Rodgers, Brees type of QB.

My guess is if Luck had Hartline, Bess and Fasano and Tannehill had Wayne, Avery fans wouldn't be saying how much better talent Tannehill has. Just another poor excuse for a rookie QB who is struggling.
    Last edited by AdamC13; 11-16-2012 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Mike Wallace
    Absolutely! No more good possession type receivers we already have Bess and Hartline for those respective roles. I want speed and more speed!!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Go DOLPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Creative haha
    Quote Quote