Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

1. -21
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Parkland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johngarry View Post
    I'm sorry, but we as fans were expecting the "Green Bay" offense… the West Coast offense… this offense we're running… ain't it. This offense is the A&M offense. We expected the WCO - Year#1... (ennnnnnnnnt) WRONG!! Review the last 5 A&M games…say it ain't so.

go ahead, blast me.
    I dont know why you would expect anything different. We brought in a rookie and his former college head coach as the OC......I think it was pretty obvious we would be running a system similar to last years A&M
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't let the haters read that article. It might make too much sense for them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Mike Wallace
    This. Whoever the GM is- bring us The Newsman.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    take a good look at CorDarrelle Patterson
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectFinz72 View Post
    Don't let the haters read that article. It might make too much sense for them.
    Not reading it and understanding it keeps them hating.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    It's become popular to say Luck has so much better talent around him than Tannehill but is that really true?

Colts:

Wayne = 69 catches, 112 attempts, 61.6% comp, 931 yards, 13.5 ypc, 8.31 ypa, 3 TD
    Avery = 38 catches, 75 attempts, 50.6% comp, 519 yards, 13.7 ypc, 6.92 ypa, 1 TD

Combined = 107 catches, 187 attempts, 57.21% comp, 1450 yards, 13.55 ypc, 7.75 ypa, 4 TD...89.20 QB rating

Dolphins:
    Hartline = 53 catches, 87 attempts, 60.9% comp, 790 yards, 14.9 ypc, 9.08 ypa, 1 TD
    Bess = 48 catches, 81 attempts, 59.25% comp, 586 yards, 12.2 ypc, 7.23 ypa, 1 TD

Combined = 101 catches, 168 attempts, 60.11% comp, 1376 yards, 13.62 ypc, 8.19 ypa, 2 TD...90.28 QB rating

In addition Hartline/Bess have 380 yard after catch (yac) whereas Wayne/Avery only have 301 yac.

And looking at Fasano who has been a decent pass-catching TE ONLY has 26 catches, 200 yards, 7.7 ypc...last year Fasano had 34 catches, 451 yards, 14.1 ypc, 5 TD...Fasano is only 28 so he should be entering his prime. Going from 14.1 ypc to 7.7 must have something to do with the QB. And keep in mind it was M. Moore throwing him the ball last year, not a Brady, Rodgers, Brees type of QB.

My guess is if Luck had Hartline, Bess and Fasano and Tannehill had Wayne, Avery fans wouldn't be saying how much better talent Tannehill has. Just another poor excuse for a rookie QB who is struggling.
    So bad really - so bad Adam - we expect better of you

Luck is 4 years ahead in his progression and he has weapons
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins enduring normal growing pains

Great read and I like his use of that "fancy logic" he uses.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    patience grasshoppers

the kid has some potential
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    So bad really - so bad Adam - we expect better of you

Luck is 4 years ahead in his progression and he has weapons
    ... I hate facts when they don't agree with my point of view.

I kept reading how Luck has all these weapons around him and Tannehill has none. So I put it to the test and looked up the numbers. The stats show that Tannehill's top two WR's have been equal to Luck's top two WR's...and if you factor in Luck being ahead of Tannehill as you claim and argument can be made that Hartline/Bess are better than Wayne/Avery since Wayne/Avery have the more advanced QB throwing to them. Where Luck separates himself imo is Luck can extend plays by moving around in the pocket and go through his progressions to find a 3rd or 4th receiver. Tannehill hasn't shown that skill yet.

As for Fasano losing 6.4 ypc...ugh. Either has to be the OC taking the TE out of running deeper routes or a QB that isn't very good at utilizing him. I think it is the latter given Fasano has averaged 13.4, 10.9, 13.5 and 14.1 ypc each of his prior 4 seasons as a Dolphin.

BTW...I am not saying Tannehill can't develop to be a decent QB (I would settle for decent at this point). I am pointing out the ELEPHANT on the football field and responding to what seems to be thousands of posters making every excuse there is for a rookie QB that is not playing well. I even read one excuse that said it was Clay's fault that Tannehill missed him by 5 yards when got behind the LB and ran a post b/c he should have run a crossing pattern... Apparently it is okay to criticize Long, Bush, Hartline, Bess, Fasano, OL, etc... but not okay to point out what is obvious to anyone that hasn't fallen head-over-heels in love with Tannehill which is his mistakes and inability to make plays when it counts the most has killed Miami's chances. And "no" he is not the only player, but as QB is starts with him. If the QB doesn't play well, the team doesn't play well.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    ... I hate facts when they don't agree with my point of view.

I kept reading how Luck has all these weapons around him and Tannehill has none. So I put it to the test and looked up the numbers. The stats show that Tannehill's top two WR's have been equal to Luck's top two WR's...and if you factor in Luck being ahead of Tannehill as you claim and argument can be made that Hartline/Bess are better than Wayne/Avery since Wayne/Avery have the more advanced QB throwing to them. Where Luck separates himself imo is Luck can extend plays by moving around in the pocket and go through his progressions to find a 3rd or 4th receiver. Tannehill hasn't shown that skill yet.

As for Fasano losing 6.4 ypc...ugh. Either has to be the OC taking the TE out of running deeper routes or a QB that isn't very good at utilizing him. I think it is the latter given Fasano has averaged 13.4, 10.9, 13.5 and 14.1 ypc each of his prior 4 seasons as a Dolphin.

BTW...I am not saying Tannehill can't develop to be a decent QB (I would settle for decent at this point). I am pointing out the ELEPHANT on the football field and responding to what seems to be thousands of posters making every excuse there is for a rookie QB that is not playing well. I even read one excuse that said it was Clay's fault that Tannehill missed him by 5 yards when got behind the LB and ran a post b/c he should have run a crossing pattern... Apparently it is okay to criticize Long, Bush, Hartline, Bess, Fasano, OL, etc... but not okay to point out what is obvious to anyone that hasn't fallen head-over-heels in love with Tannehill which is his mistakes and inability to make plays when it counts the most has killed Miami's chances. And "no" he is not the only player, but as QB is starts with him. If the QB doesn't play well, the team doesn't play well.
    I agree with you that Tannehill has to shoulder a lot of the blame. You are spot on about people going to the extreme to make excuses for him too. But comparing any of our receivers to future HOF Reggie Wayne is apples to oranges regardless what the numbers sort of suggest.
    Quote Quote