Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do?

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    You guys are all laughing, but your guy is stinking it up. Just wait and see, you will change your tune, you always do.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    BigSportShop.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    As he deserves.

Get him a franchise WR and he will be a franchise QB. Name me ONE great QB who did not have a consistent number one WR. Youre joking youself if you think Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, Young, ..... Would flourish with this group of recieving threats.
    I didn't say Tannehill should be flourishing with the WRs he has now (and I agree they stink) but we're back to the same argument we went through with Henne - get him Marshall and everything will change.

Drew Brees is the only recent franchise QB I can think of that didn't show that 'spark' right away - I haven't seen any spark from Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    You guys are all laughing, but your guy is stinking it up. Just wait and see, you will change your tune, you always do.
    You are serious!?!? LOL. Devlin huh? Hahaha.

Its no point in getting into a debate with fans who know nothing about the players on this team. Yeah, Devlin really proves he deserved the starting role.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Ok then, what proof do you have Devlin does better this season? Give solid examples, not hypotheticals.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    If Tannehill isnt progressing next season, then we draft a new QB. With the new CBA and rookie salary pool, its entirely possible to spend a high draft pick on a QB and not be in salary cap hell for 5 years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    his lack of TDs is mainly due to lack of receivers and playmakers. We have to give him some more talent around him

If he doesn't progress then I'll be waiting for the next level of excuses regarding the offensive coordinator. "Sherman is holding Tannehill back with these play calls." Sigh....
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For those who think Tannehill needs some WR's, I agree he does but never mind those right now. First let Ireland draft o-linemen with our top 3 pics for the next 4 years and then we'll get some WR's in rounds 6 and 7 in the 2021 draft.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill will get all next season regardless. I think bess and hartline are 2 good receivers but we need someone too demand attention from Dbs and who can give the offence a boost all over. No 1 receiver, harline and bess is solid 3 receivers.

if tannehill is terrible next year which hopefully isn't the case, as posted above, his rookie contract isn't huge and we draft another. Puts us back 3 yrs but with cba and the passing league we have its the way to go.

im hoping tannehill is just having growing pains and is learning and will become our long term answer
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Ok then, what proof do you have Devlin does better this season? Give solid examples, not hypotheticals.
    Just look at the preseason, and nevermind the "only playing against 3rd stringers" excuse, as Tannehill also played against 3rd stringer in preseason and didn't do anything. In 5 of the 8 drives that Devlin had in the preseason, he moved the ball the length of the field. Of all the drives Tannehill had in the preseason, we punted in almost all of them. Now in the regular season Tannehill has 1 TD in his last 30 drives. He cannot convert on 3rd down which a good quarterback has to do. He's not aware of winning the games, on third downs he throws short passes just to get completions that pick up 5 yards and bring up 4th down. 3rd down he takes off running and slides instead of trying to get the 1st down. You knew that once we were behind 7 or 10 points in the first quarter, we were done because he can't come back from behind or be depended upon in the clutch.

His tunovers and ineffectiveness cost us all the games we lost. I know there were other weak areas with the team in those games, but if he had played decent and didn't screw it up, we still win. Devlin rarely turns it over and consistently completes passes and moves the ball and wins games, just look at both of these quarterbacks college carreers.

I think even Philbin knows that Devlin gives us a better chance to win, but Philbin is not in control of that because of the investment and expectations this organization has in Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Just look at the preseason, and nevermind the "only playing against 3rd stringers" excuse, as Tannehill also played against 3rd stringer in preseason and didn't do anything. In 5 of the 8 drives that Devlin had in the preseason, he moved the ball the length of the field. Of all the drives Tannehill had in the preseason, we punted in almost all of them. Now in the regular season Tannehill has 1 TD in his last 30 drives. He cannot convert on 3rd down which a good quarterback has to do. He's not aware of winning the games, on third downs he throws short passes just to get completions that pick up 5 yards and bring up 4th down. 3rd down he takes off running and slides instead of trying to get the 1st down. You knew that once we were behind 7 or 10 points in the first quarter, we were done because he can't come back from behind or be depended upon in the clutch.

His tunovers and ineffectiveness cost us all the games we lost. I know there were other weak areas with the team in those games, but if he had played decent and didn't screw it up, we still win. Devlin rarely turns it over and consistently completes passes and moves the ball and wins games, just look at both of these quarterbacks college carreers.

I think even Philbin knows that Devlin gives us a better chance to win, but Philbin is not in control of that because of the investment and expectations this organization has in Tannehill.
    I stopped reading after "just look at the preseason".
    Quote Quote