Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do?

1. -31
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Tannehill completely bombs next season, it is conceivable that Devlin takes his job. Philbin seems to have a thing for Devlin and I think with the right grooming he could turn into something. At the very least, Devlin will be our backup for a few years imo, and could be trade bait down the road if Tannehill becomes the Franchise QB we all hope he is.
    FIRE FAILBIN
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he plays this bad for the remainder of this season and two more just like it he will be back there. If Chad Henne taught me anything it thats the QB for the Dolphins need not produce at ALL to keep the job locked up for years. It used to be a QB would be pulled in a GAME if he was struggling to make the plays...Now it takes seasons and many horrible losses to enact change. Thats why I really hope he snaps out of it....I can't take 3 more years of QB play like Chads.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FishAttack

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    are you a comedian?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    That is the question...how much patience does the fan base have? It is going to be a process for RT to become a good NFL QB. He is not Andrew Luck or RGIII.
    I can tell you from my perspective. I would have more patience if he would be 'just' a #8 pick. But this offseason crap Tannehill pulled shortened the leach of patience.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

If Ryan Tannehill plays like this next season, what would you do?

Bob Griffin has hit the rookie wall as well, and if you look at Luck, he had one huge game against a weak ass secondary. Keep it in perspective. Luck is an anomaly. He will have a huge career but I have my doubts he would have a 6-3 record as the Dolphins QB this year. We need Tannehill to move the ball and score TDs not set records.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First we need the OL to allow Tannehill to have time to complete the passing plays. He's getting pressured and hit way too many times, causing him to get rid of the ball too early.

We also need the following:
    1. 2 good Guards
    2. WRs with speed, size, and run good routes
    3. Another Pass Rusher
    4. Speed LBs
    5. Backup to Daniel Thomas
    6. I would say TE - but Egnew will play next year

Give us that and continued development of the secondary we can be hard to beat. If we give Tannehill weapons the defense doesn't have to play so close to the vest - they can take chances the turn games around.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When you have Bess running deep routes you know you are in trouble at wide receiver. Teams know that all they have to do is take away the run and Tannehill doesn't have enough options to beat them. Tight ends? Where's the playmaker there? Hartline is nice, but he needs help. So until there are more weapons for Tannehill how can we really grade him? We have seen glimpses of what he might become. At this point, Tannehill has less talent than the other top rookie quarterbacks Griffin and Luck. If he plays this way with talent around him then we obviously don't have the right qb.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Excuse Making here for Tannahill is ratcheting up with every shoddy performance.... I suspect people will start changing their tune if we get rolled in the next three games... At this point my confidence in him is spiraling; his abject lack of "clutch" is all on him and not something that can typically be taught.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    The Excuse Making here for Tannahill is ratcheting up with every shoddy performance.... I suspect people will start changing their tune if we get rolled in the next three games... At this point my confidence in him is spiraling; his abject lack of "clutch" is all on him and not something that can typically be taught.
    Lets be honest you were never behind. To give up an a rookie after a few bad game is beyond moronic.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I can tell you from my perspective. I would have more patience if he would be 'just' a #8 pick. But this offseason crap Tannehill pulled shortened the leach of patience.
    What crap did he pull?
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    I stopped reading after "just look at the preseason".
    Thanks for saving me the time of writing the exact same sentence.
    Quote Quote