Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad part is, we really didn't need to be very good to make the playoffs this year...

1. -11
    Misplaced PhinFan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Live Oak, Fla
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Reality is that Tannehill is NOT the guy, no matter how much we would like to think so. That's why we're not winning. We should have drafted a QB that was at least winning in college. 1 TD in last 30 drives.
    Or maybe we should have started Devlin, right ?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Being "sick of losing" is not a good reason to put a short leash on a new regime and rookie quarterback.
    Well, as you probably know, I have never been a Tannehill guy. Didn't like him very much at A&M, and while he clearly has talent, his poise in big spots and accuracy falters way too much. It was a problem for him in college, and it looks like it's a problem now.
    Now, like I've already said I'm willing to deal with his rookie growing pains and be patient with him going thru next year, but because of the fact that I never liked Tanny as a prospect very much, I do think that he should be on a short leash next year if he is not showing improvements, and the same should go for Philbin. In the NFL today, good coaches and high end QBs get franchises turned around pretty damn quickly, and it shouldn't be any different here. Look at San Fran w/ Harbaugh, New Orleans w/ Brees and Payton, and Arizona with Whisenhunt and Warner.
    So you're right, being "sick of losing" is not a reason to put a short leash on your personnel. Consistent bad play and incompetent coaching.are good reasons.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    A very famous spit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last night was one of those "it moment" that franchise quarterbacks sense and deliver.

Twice Ryan was given that chance, twice he failed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    It was there for the taking. I thought we were one of 3 teams who had a clear shot for being that 6th team in the AFC. The Colts have defined themselves as that for this year and likely going forward the next couple of seasons.

Brady, Peyton, and Roethlisberger are going to be around a few more years which means they are taking their teams to the playoffs. The Ravens have established a good enough offense that they are going to be a staple. Houston has cemented itself as a solid team that should hold together for a bit. And now the Colts with Andrew Luck have punched their ticket for the next 15 years or so. Its not going to be easy for us to break into the mix. We need to get better.

In my first get real thread I picked the 5 staple playoff teams real easily. I should get all 4 division winners correct(I have a strong chance at getting all 8 counting the NFC) and I had Pittsburgh as a WC team. The last one I said its there for the taking for a handful of teams. I considered quite a few and narrowed it down to the phins, the colts, and the bolts. For a couple of weeks I felt like I was going to go with the Colts, JCane could attest to that as I texted it to him, but then last minute I decided to go with the Chargers because of the experience at QB. My instinct was that Luck was going to be just that good in his first year. I shouldve went with that.

But, we had our chance to pull it off. It was definately there for the taking because none of the teams outside of the top 5 were really that good. There is no reason we shouldnt have gotten it done. This team is a joke.

There is so much seperation in the standings now that even before last night, our best path wouldve been sweeping NE and winning the division. Whats sad is now we could probably sweep NE and still not win the division because we will probably lose a couple of games outside of those 2.

The only good thing about last night is that now the Jests are in last place by themselves. The Jests.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sad part is, we really didn't need to be very good to make the playoffs this year...

Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Reality is that Tannehill is NOT the guy, no matter how much we would like to think so. That's why we're not winning. We should have drafted a QB that was at least winning in college. 1 TD in last 30 drives.
    Right, because all rookie quarterbacks perform like Andrew Luck from day 1. It's unbelievable the lack of perspective so many have on here. It's almost like you've never seen franchise quarterbacks develop before. Ever.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Nub,

Can we PLEASE PLEASE have a "cannot be banned day?" where we are allowed to post to hearts content without fear of reprimand?
    I'd like to have a "please have a football IQ" day. Everyday.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sad part is, we really didn't need to be very good to make the playoffs this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    We should have been a playoff team. Finished 6-3 last year, started 4-3, had a halftime lead in Indy, our division sucks, our conference sucks, and we have a cake schedule this season. Everything fell apart in the second half at the Colts.
    So, you thought our secondary was going to magically get better with the same personnel minus Vontae? You thought we'd actually be better at QB with the same old weapons, Jake Wrong declining, and a rookie QB with NINETEEN starts at QB in college?

My goodness. I'm not really into name calling, but I'm sorry it's just the truth. When it comes to football knowledge and perspective on this site, it's amazingly moronic.

I had hopes of playoffs, but I came back down to earth. An early spurt by Tannehill and our front 7 propped up the team for as long as they could. It's over. Period. This team is not a good team.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PALMA View Post
    Last night was one of those "it moment" that franchise quarterbacks sense and deliver.

Twice Ryan was given that chance, twice he failed.
    Please go away.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    It was there for the taking. I thought we were one of 3 teams who had a clear shot for being that 6th team in the AFC. The Colts have defined themselves as that for this year and likely going forward the next couple of seasons.

Brady, Peyton, and Roethlisberger are going to be around a few more years which means they are taking their teams to the playoffs. The Ravens have established a good enough offense that they are going to be a staple. Houston has cemented itself as a solid team that should hold together for a bit. And now the Colts with Andrew Luck have punched their ticket for the next 15 years or so. Its not going to be easy for us to break into the mix. We need to get better.

In my first get real thread I picked the 5 staple playoff teams real easily. I should get all 4 division winners correct(I have a strong chance at getting all 8 counting the NFC) and I had Pittsburgh as a WC team. The last one I said its there for the taking for a handful of teams. I considered quite a few and narrowed it down to the phins, the colts, and the bolts. For a couple of weeks I felt like I was going to go with the Colts, JCane could attest to that as I texted it to him, but then last minute I decided to go with the Chargers because of the experience at QB. My instinct was that Luck was going to be just that good in his first year. I shouldve went with that.

But, we had our chance to pull it off. It was definately there for the taking because none of the teams outside of the top 5 were really that good. There is no reason we shouldnt have gotten it done. This team is a joke.

There is so much seperation in the standings now that even before last night, our best path wouldve been sweeping NE and winning the division. Whats sad is now we could probably sweep NE and still not win the division because we will probably lose a couple of games outside of those 2.

The only good thing about last night is that now the Jests are in last place by themselves. The Jests.
    It was a nice thought. A sexy dream at that. At this point it's obvious that was never going to happen now. We've been exposed unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hewitt, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't understand all of this playoff talk. This is not a playoff caliber team and nobody expected them to be. We got a little excited when they were playing well, but they are now back to the mediocre team most of us expected. Although it would be nice to see the Dolphins play an extra game, what would it matter if they made it in due to a crappy AFC? They would get embarrassed in the first game. We are better off ending our season and working to fill the number of holes we have with the better draft picks. I hate that we keep having to wait til next year as much as everyone else, but what benefit do we get by getting blown out in week 1 of the playoffs?

Start the bashing. Just being realistic. Most of us never expected playoffs this year. This team needs weapons. There is no way they win with what they've now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

I've seen our offense and I bet my life it's worse than NE's defense.
    The way Jeff Ireland took a GM's dream worth of cap space and draft picks and made the team worse in borderline miraculous.
    Quote Quote