Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone died at last night's game

1. -21
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PBay Fin Fan View Post
    It was the Titan game that got me. My brother shot himself in the head week ago Thursday. Really needed something good to happen. Dolphins played so bad, and just laid down. It was devastating.
    Sorry for your loss. It sucks to hear these incidents in this thread. Life is precious and short , try to enjoy every moment of it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just read that the fan who died was wearing a Dolphin's hat....not that it makes much difference who he was rooting for.....but if a fan is drunk why boot him outside?.....don't they have holding areas? Couldn't they have called a taxi for him?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    Sorry for your loss. It sucks to hear these incidents in this thread. Life is precious and short , try to enjoy every moment of it.
    Doesn't seem very short to me. This season alone seems to have lasted a decade.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Police were able to track a signal from the missing man’s cell phone to establish a location.

-------

lol.... they can find spy on us at any moment. Makes me want to get rid of my cell phone and get another cell phone under a fake name.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johngarry View Post
    Terrible… to lose your life in such a foolish way. Even more disturbing is why was he sent out into the cold dark night, that intoxicated, alone?!! Most stadiums have a small holding area; why was he not kept there until the game ended? And where was his ball game buddy? Tragic case of stupidity on several levels.
    Without mocking the actual issue (death of a fan) but I thought that the City of Buffalo IS the holding area for drunks.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2839235.shtml?cat=566

Alcohol not a factor

Orchard Park Police Chief Andrew Benz said on Friday that David Gerken Jr.'s death was an accidental drowning. Investigators also said they don't believe foul play was involved in the death and there was no evidence alcohol was involved.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've seen how they tailgate in Orchard Park. They drink early, hard, and often.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I graduated with his cousin, story go he was not drunk, does not know why he got kicked out and he was found in the opposite direction of the bar he was going to wait for the rest of his group until after the game. area they found him in was fenced off to keep people out. very very fishy things going on. the police and family are still looking for answers on why he got kicked out and how he ended up 2 miles in the opposite direction.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is very fishy to me too. My theory on this when he went to use the mens bathroom a scuffle probably took place. The security showed up and threw out three to four people. So this dolphin fan was grabbed outside for additional punishement. Probably took off towards the wrong way and fell down the revine. rip bud. bills fans are idiots.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No alcohol but a drowning in a small river? Seems unlikely to me.

I was at the game. In general, the crowd was rude, belligerent, drunk, and fired up. I saw a lot of broken glass, property being destroyed, etc. We also had some trash-talking fans behind us (my friend is a Green Bay fan and for some reason this guy was trashing him). I expected more from Buffalo- I've been to Sabres games and the crowd is great.
    Quote Quote