Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Karlos Dansby has been playing with a torn biceps muscle the past 3 weeks"

1. -11
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My buddy tore is bicept 2 years back. He lifted on a Friday and felt fine after, he took Saturday off and then on Sunday when to the garage to load of the car with the kiddies and was lifting something stupid into the truck and bam.....complete tear of the bi. He said felt like a knife cutting into his arm and the worst cramp he has ever had in his life. This is a dude who played D tackle in college, stands about 6'3" and in his day weighed 275 and now comes in at a trim 240. He had to have surgery to fix the muscle, no way around it so the doctor surmised that he tore it Friday lifting and then finished it off on Sunday.

So if Dansby is playing with a tear in his bi he is playing becasue he is leading by example and sucking it up. This is what I wanted to see out of him this season, now however I wonder if he should shut it down for a few games and get health before he ends up in Lewis spot with a complete tear.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    Apparently he also has a dislocated finger. Now I forgive him for dropping a couple of interceptions.

Though I don't know for sure, the difference between Ray Lewis' injury and Dansby's could be the completeness of the tear. My guess would be that Dansby doesn't have a complete tear, though any kind of tear is significant nonetheless.
    Lewis is triceps tear i think
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    Apparently he also has a dislocated finger. Now I forgive him for dropping a couple of interceptions.

Though I don't know for sure, the difference between Ray Lewis' injury and Dansby's could be the completeness of the tear. My guess would be that Dansby doesn't have a complete tear, though any kind of tear is significant nonetheless.
    Lewis' injury ironically required that he go under the knife.

With his injury, he just wasnt able to gash through the OL like usual. Losing Lewis really cut at the heart of that team. Teams have really started taking a stab at going through the middle against them more. Their defense has really been getting sliced up this season, even before Lewis went down. The best part of that team has been the offense lead by Ray Rice. He is a real slasher.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Juck the Fets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    I has been painfully obvious that Dansby can not really use the arm. If you watch defensive replays you can see that he will not put the arm out there to make a tackle or fight off a block. I give him major props for even being out there and fighting through it.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trust me a torn bicep or any muscle for that matter is nothing to play around with and depending on how severe it becomes you can actually have a major % of the muscle removed just look at former UFC fighter Matt Serra's bicep not pretty.
    Not sure how bad Lewis triceps are because he it just the type of player who will play through pain but then again if it means his career is on the line?Also the triceps are used mostly during pushing motions as to where the biceps are used for pushing and pulling etc I had slight tears in both and let me just tell you the bicep was the worst out of the two to have.
    Wake up time to die
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Hopefully Dansby will heal and regain his old form

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

"Karlos Dansby has been playing with a torn biceps muscle the past 3 weeks"

It's a rebuild anyway… let's see what the kid behind him can do.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    ah.. and the excuses begin
    xcuses, it is just a stated fact, dont be an ass just o be one, not everyone on this board is making excuses. I think it shows a lot of heart and great leadership not only from Dansby but from Philbin as well. Guys wont play hurt if they dont believe in their team. It also explains why he tried to one arm CJ spiller when he blew threw the gap untouched but missed the tackle. When I saw that I thought, man he looks hurt out there. Guess I was right. I still think he should've been able to catch TWO pick sixes the last 2 games. Problem is now that its out is he done for the year? We can ill afford to lose him. Who is his backup? Oh god if we have to roll with Clemons, Stanford, and sojme scrub instead of Dansby we are in trouble. Soliai, Starks, Wake and Misi...Its all on you guys. I do like the way Rashad Jones played yesterday, he was flying around making big hits, havent seen that in he fins secondary for a while. Go Phins, beat the damn sea chickens.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote