Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Im not throwing in the towel yet.

1. -21
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    I like the confidence Wv, but this team should of beaten titans and the bills .. They had the oportunity and failed. Right now im looking forward to tannehill progression this season. We just got to hope for a miracle at this point and hopefully everyone keeps blowing
    Again, dont get me wrong. Im not saying Im confident. The way this team has played the last 2 games, its likely we go 2-4 over this stretch. All Im saying is if this team can start playing well again, we can win these next 2 games.

And if we win this next 2 games, going into NE at 8-7 and playing a winner take all game in week 17 is a real possibility.

Because if we win the next 2, we would only need to beat Jacksonville and Buffalo at home to get to 8-7. If we are 8-7 with a win over NE, its entirely possible they are 9-6 and that game is for the division. If we get to that game, Id think we lose it even if we start playing better.

Im just saying lets beat Seattle and the first NE game all of the sudden is pretty big.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    You guys can laugh all you want when I post this, but Im not pulling the plug on this season just yet. Lets take a look at what lies ahead......

Seattle
    NE
    at 9ers
    Jags
    Buffalo
    at NE

Face it. NE is beatable. They almost lost to both the Jests and the Bills. NE's defense is a joke. We will have an opportunity to beat them.

If this team can get it together and start playing well again, it isnt quite over. I know this, if we win the next 2 games, we will be 6-6 and NE will be 8-4 at best. You guys will be talking about the possibilities of winning the division.

Now, obviously to win the divison we will have to go 5-1 over these last 6 games. While that seems impossible the way we have played the last 2 games, just try and realize that if our OL pulls its head out of its ass and Tannehill steps it up a bit, it is certaily possible to pull off.

The Jags and Bills are terrible. We play them at home. Seattle is not the same team on the road that they are at home. If we get back to playing the way we were a few weeks ago, we could win that game. Ive already stated how NE is beatable. And yea, the 9ers are tough, but they just tied in SF against a team we beat. So its not impossible.

Look, if we can pull off 9-7, considering we will likely beat NE twice in that process, that means they would only have to lose 2 other games of their other 5 remaining in order to fall to 9-7 themselves. This is our only path. 9-7 will not get us a WC, because again, not only would going 9-7 mean sweeping NE, they would have to win 10 for that to throw us in the WC mix and its likely 9 wins wont get a WC. So winning the division is are only possible way in.

Face it, the AFC east is WEAK. Its still possible. If we come home and beat Seattle, that can change the momentum. Beating NE the next week I promise would have all of you talking about how its possible we are 8-7 and playing a 9-6 NE team in week 17 for the division. 2 games in a row to get us back in it. Lets do this ****!

Hell, NE could easily lose to Indy this week. Who else is left on their schedule? I can promise there isnt a game that should be considered a gimmie for them. They lost at home to Arizona. They play almost every game close because their defense is so bad. We can beat them. Its just a matter of guys getting it together and playing well.

Get the run game going and get Tannehill back on track and this is not over. Laugh all you want. Go ahead. Im not guaranteeing anything. Im not even saying its likely. I know it isnt. Im just saying it isnt over. If we lose next week you can close it down. But, until we lose one of the next 2 games, Im not throwing in the towel.
    Agreed - we will play loose, no one expects and similar to "House Money" Moore - last year we will sneak up on a few teams - should be good to see Ryan throw the brick around a little to someone other than Hartline and Bess

Bills are actually terrible they should have put another 20 on us - I would not hand us a PO spot but second in the division is not out of the question - we suck as well don't get me wrong the balance is shifting in the AFCE

Our entire O will we reshaped next year
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Well, you can call it whatever you want, but I think this team played pretty damn well in October. Giving up 36 only points and going 3-0 is impressive no matter WHO we played. If we played with that kind of effort all the time, we SHOULD be world beaters. Hence the reason I chose that term.

It's unfortunate they couldn't carry it over into this month. Already we're already giving up more than twice as many points (79) in the same amount of games against some pretty bad teams for the most part.
    We are not world beaters with just effort especially when that effort barely beat mediocre teams now put that effort against good teams and you probably lose going by the game we won. And you can't be world beaters we the **** secondary that WE CLEARLY HAVE and mediocre WR Core, effort wil only you take you so far until another team with good talent applies the same effort we do. We did play with the same effort in our loses it's just we really aren't a good team when you look at our talent. The Colts have a better offense and they defended well against our bad offense we have had al year and the titans have MUCH BETTER offensive weapons the only ? for them was their QB. Who gives a **** about effort since all teams should be playing with it all that matters is how much talent and how many holes you have.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'll say this, that Titans game was so bad... that I actually feel better about this team after seeing some signs of life in the 4th quarter. Maybe they'll turn it back around.

They need to mix it up on offense, badly. Maybe the last two games will be the kick in the ass they need.

Also, I'll tell you who I'm not giving up on: Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin. They deserve more than ten games. Ya gotta believe.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    We are not world beaters with just effort especially when that effort barely beat mediocre teams now put that effort against good teams and you probably lose going by the game we won. And you can't be world beaters we the **** secondary that WE CLEARLY HAVE and mediocre WR Core, effort wil only you take you so far until another team with good talent applies the same effort we do. We did play with the same effort in our loses it's just we really aren't a good team when you look at our talent. The Colts have a better offense and they defended well against our bad offense we have had al year and the titans have MUCH BETTER offensive weapons the only ? for them was their QB. Who gives a **** about effort since all teams should be playing with it all that matters is how much talent and how many holes you have.
    Again, you have your opinion...I have mine. Agree to disagree, but I think effort/heart makes a BIG difference. If we put even an ounce more of effort into the Buffalo game we win, no doubt about it. Playing like **** the first three quarters plus cost us last night big time. Of course, having more talent would help but we've gotta play what we have. What the hell can we do at this point? This team is good enough to be 6-4 right now, but when you don't play worth a damn, this is the result you get....4-6. We played like crap against Tennesee and for most of the Buffalo game. It sucks, but it is what it is.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'll say this, that Titans game was so bad... that I actually feel better about this team after seeing some signs of life in the 4th quarter. Maybe they'll turn it back around.

They need to mix it up on offense, badly. Maybe the last two games will be the kick in the ass they need.

Also, I'll tell you who I'm not giving up on: Ryan Tannehill and Joe Philbin. They deserve more than ten games. Ya gotta believe.
    Yep, we knew there were going to be growing pains with a rookie head coach and QB. If you give up on them now, we become the Raiders. They go through more head coaches every year than they know what to do with. No continuity, no success.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Again, you have your opinion...I have mine. Agree to disagree, but I think effort/heart makes a BIG difference. If we put even an ounce more of effort into the Buffalo game we win, no doubt about it. Playing like **** the first three quarters plus cost us last night big time. Of course, having more talent would help but we've gotta play what we have. What the hell can we do at this point? This team is good enough to be 6-4 right now, but when you don't play worth a damn, this is the result you get....4-6. We played like crap against Tennesee and for most of the Buffalo game. It sucks, but it is what it is.
    Is it hard to accept the fact that we don't have the talent to play good consistently against mediocre teams that are in the same tier? What if we have been playing with the same effort? Maybe we just suck like many predicted before this season even started? Every team should be playing with effort it's the talent that really matters. Saying we didn't play with effort is a hyperhole/un-realistic guessing/horrible excuse that can't be proven to be legit/ and a cop out. If we're really losing because of effort (which we can't prove but we can prove we have mediocre talent) than that says a lot for our coaching staff and how bad our players really are. It's almost as stupid as saying "a team wanted it more" and that's why that other team lost. You can't prove it and it's a cop out for the other team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Not really concerned with wins or loses right now. The most important thing for me is the progression of tanny. If he can finish this season improving his play and look like he is our future qb I'm ok with upcoming loses this year. Especially if loses seal the fate of Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need Tannehill to operate better when 7 drop into coverage, and I want to see him take the team down late in the game to win it. Both of the issues dogged him in college too.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the optimism WV, but after the way this team played, I'm just not sure. They showed a some life in the 4th, but they have some tough games coming up.

I like our chances against Seattle a lot better since the game is in Miami. The Seahawks are a completely different team away from home. If the game was in Seattle, Miami wouldn't stand a chance.

I agree with you about New England, but even with that, their offense can easily rack up 35+ points on Miami's defense.

The thing that will tell me a lot about this team is the first quarter/half against Seattle. I just think if the Phins wanted to make any noise at the playoffs, they had to at least win 1 of their last 2 games.

Quote Quote