Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Im not throwing in the towel yet.

1. -31
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    count me in on the homer train. I'm thinking we can beat seattle.

Honestly I'm worried about san fransisco, but they dont scare the **** out of me like I thought they would. If we can stop gore, and put the game on alex smiths shoulders, I like our chances even more. He's been playing better lately, but I still think that is a team who has to be able to run the ball to win. There defense isn't the same dominant defense its been the last few years either. Probably the best defense we will face all year regardless so we will need some help but I think we can win some of these games.

Patriots we always find ways to beat ourselves. If we don't give them the damn game we definately have a shot against them.

It's a long shot, but why the hell would I give up and throw in the towel.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way we win more than two games. Take that to the bank.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Are the Mayans going to be right since WV has more hope for the playoffs this year than I do?

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Phantom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    I like the optimism WV, but after the way this team played, I'm just not sure. They showed a some life in the 4th, but they have some tough games coming up.

I like our chances against Seattle a lot better since the game is in Miami. The Seahawks are a completely different team away from home. If the game was in Seattle, Miami wouldn't stand a chance.

I agree with you about New England, but even with that, their offense can easily rack up 35+ points on Miami's defense.

The thing that will tell me a lot about this team is the first quarter/half against Seattle. I just think if the Phins wanted to make any noise at the playoffs, they had to at least win 1 of their last 2 games.
    That might be true when seattle plays other teams away, but this is Miami, where we have no homefield advantage, teams come here like they are on vacation and make themselves at home.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Is it hard to accept the fact that we don't have the talent to play good consistently against mediocre teams that are in the same tier? What if we have been playing with the same effort? Maybe we just suck like many predicted before this season even started? Every team should be playing with effort it's the talent that really matters. Saying we didn't play with effort is a hyperhole/un-realistic guessing/horrible excuse that can't be proven to be legit/ and a cop out. If we're really losing because of effort (which we can't prove but we can prove we have mediocre talent) than that says a lot for our coaching staff and how bad our players really are. It's almost as stupid as saying "a team wanted it more" and that's why that other team lost. You can't prove it and it's a cop out for the other team.
    I don't have to prove anything, the team has proven it in the past three games. I can see it with my own eyes. The effort and execution, in my opinion, has been awful the past two and a half weeks plain and simple. Yes, we're lacking talent in areas, but damn...if you don't play hard 100 percent of the time, you're going to lose in this league. It happens even with the good teams. Perfect example, the world champ Giants play like crap the last two weeks and lose..
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Im not throwing in the towel yet.

We are playing that bad right now...tbo i feel like we dont wanna make the playoffs

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wv your a better man than me, ive given up.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I said this during our bye week: The New England game in Miami is the most important game for us to win.

And its still true. They could easily lose all 3 to the Colts, Texans and 49ers and really we only need them to lose 2 of them. That puts them at 9-6 going into week 17 and if we win all of our games except the 49ers game we'll be at 8-7, meaning week 17 will be for the division.

The AFCE is the joke division of the NFL right now and its possible the winner will be 8-8.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami just made the worst defenses in the league, in consecutive weeks, look like the 2009 Jets. What is wrong with you delusional freaks?
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Albania View Post
    Miami just made the worst defenses in the league, in consecutive weeks, look like the 2009 Jets. What is wrong with you delusional freaks?

I don't understand. I thought Liam neeson eradicated the entire Albanian population. Your existence is an enigma and confounding.
    Quote Quote