Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Im not throwing in the towel yet.

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So NE is a bad team because they almost lost to the Jets and the Bills.

But Miami actually did lose to the Jets and Bills. So what does that make them . . . ?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I don't understand. I thought Liam neeson eradicated the entire Albanian population. Your existence is an enigma and confounding.
    Lol. Only in Hollywood.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I said this during our bye week: The New England game in Miami is the most important game for us to win.

And its still true. They could easily lose all 3 to the Colts, Texans and 49ers and really we only need them to lose 2 of them. That puts them at 9-6 going into week 17 and if we win all of our games except the 49ers game we'll be at 8-7, meaning week 17 will be for the division.

The AFCE is the joke division of the NFL right now and its possible the winner will be 8-8.
    This is what Im screaming man. NE is just not that good. This division could be like the AFC west last year where a team won it at 8-8. That Denver team wound up winning a playoff game they hosted as well. Lets do this ****! I will take a rematch with Andrew Luck in Miami.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    So NE is a bad team because they almost lost to the Jets and the Bills.

But Miami actually did lose to the Jets and Bills. So what does that make them . . . ?
    It makes us a team that has a legitimate shot to beat New England if our QB can start making more plays and stop turning the ball over.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Im not throwing in the towel yet.

Although it is a long shot, it could happen. Reality is that even against the Pats sorry ass defense, they only need to play man under to stop our WRs. Sucks losing to the Titans and Bills because I think they beat the Seahawks. Seattle is a much different team on the road and it is a 1 pm game. Thats a big advantage.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That Tennessee loss was the worst of the 3 for me . I really thought Philbin could change the culture and would have the Dolphins taking advantage of the home field climate again. Had we won that game I would still feel really good about beating the Patsies at home, but if we can get back to playing the way we were before the bye we can still do this. Hell, even Sparano had his fair share of success vs Belichick.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I threw in my towel after I pissed on it.

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look it's not officially over, but looking at the last 3 weeks it would take a miracle for us to make the playoffs.
    I'd LIKE to believe we have a real chance, but I'd also LIKE to believe that Scarlett Johansson will finally come to her senses and realize that I'm the man she needs to make all of her hottest sexual fantasies come true..... You see where I'm going with this.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I appreciate the OP's optimism and passion. However, this is how I see the next month or so...

Seattle- Loss. Terrible match up for our O vs their physical D. The home stadium will be empty. Russell Wilson will make plays so everyone in the local media and FH can say that their 3rd round QB is better than our 8th pick.

New England- Loss. Another home loss that turns into a blowout. Maybe the O can make some plays that make the stat line better, but it will be for nothing.

San Francisco- Loss. I actually think that we match up okay with this team. However, cross country flight versus a better team.

The next possible win would be Jacksonville at home...in front of friends and family.

It is going to be an ugly few weeks around here. Kind of sucks, though this is how I thought the season would actually be like, unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Optimism is a funny thing. We've had it as fans for years and except for the 2008 season, it's ****ed us for a long time.

You may not have thrown in the towel yet and that's fine, it's 100% your right. IMO the Dolphins are done and will finish 6-10 at best.

There is hope next season b/c of the cap room and draft pick situation. I think we'll have a better indication as to what this team could look like under Philbin heading into next year. It's awful to have the 'let's look to next year' feeling but being real, it isn't like we as fans haven't felt this way before.

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wv, i love the optimism man,but i am as optimistic a fan when it comes to the fins, but its going to be a real tough task.

yes, the patriots deff r not as dominating as they have been in the past, and no one will dispute that. However, despite that, they r still a team that can put up 30 plus pts at ease with all the weapons they have one offense, and now add in a legit running back, makes them all the more dangerous.

yes there defense is ****, but we just played back to back to back 3 of the bottom 5 defenses in the nfl and put up an embarassing 30 pts of offense in those 3 games.

can it be done technically? yes. realistically? dont think so, but as always i will deff be watching every snap of every game so i can only hope i am wrong.

the thing is also about there schedule, yes they play the colts tomm, yes they still got the texans and 49ers, but lets be real, barring a injury to brady, the pats will be favored in all 3 of those games. also, those games are all in foxboro. the pats deff can lose as they did lose to the pathetic cards, and nearly lost to the jets and bills. i just do not see it though, but i hope i am dead wrong and somehow come december 30th late in the day, we sit atop the afc east.
    Quote Quote