Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad part is, we really didn't need to be very good to make the playoffs this year...

1. -1
    The world is your's...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sad part is, we really didn't need to be very good to make the playoffs this year...

Look at the AFC, it's horrible. The Colts (who are an average team that can't win on the road at all) are the #1 wild card team at 6-3, the Steelers are also 6-3 but they're probably cooked without Big Ben, and beyond those two teams NO OTHER WILD CARD CONTENDER IS EVEN AT .500! The Chargers are going to lose in Denver on Sunday to go to 4-6 and I see them finishing 8-8 again, Cincinnati might make a little run but I don't see them getting to more than 8 or 9 wins, Tennessee is atrocious defensively, and Buffalo can't beat anybody half decent either. If we were able to go 9-7 against this easy schedule that we have this year then we would have made the playoffs relatively comfortably, instead we blew close games due to bad defense and a crappy kicker (ARI, NYJ games) and threw three straight stinkers against (at best) average teams in the last 3 weeks. Looking at our remaining schedule, I'm not even sure that we'll get to 6 wins, what a joke.
    I understand that Tannehill is a rookie, but in today's NFL with how easy it is to pass there is no excuse for him to play as poorly as he has in the last 3 weeks, specifically against those 3 God awful defenses. I also get that Philbin is a first year head coach, but guess what? Jim Harbaugh won the freakin coach of the year award in his first year, John Harbaugh took the Ravens 11-5 and crushed us in Miami in '08 during his first year, and fat douche Rex Ryan went to the AFC title game with a rookie QB in his first season as a head coach. Like I've said previously, I'm willing to be patient with Tannehill and Philbin beyond this first season, but if they don't make significant improvements next year they should both be on a ****in short leash. Sick of losing.

"I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sucks to suck
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reality is that Tannehill is NOT the guy, no matter how much we would like to think so. That's why we're not winning. We should have drafted a QB that was at least winning in college. 1 TD in last 30 drives.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Being "sick of losing" is not a good reason to put a short leash on a new regime and rookie quarterback.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Reality is that Tannehill is NOT the guy, no matter how much we would like to think so. That's why we're not winning. We should have drafted a QB that was at least winning in college. 1 TD in last 30 drives.
    Because rookie QBs aren't allowed to have bad games especially with a glaring lack of playmakers on offense, a non-existant run game, and awful pass protection, right?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Two weeks ago Tannehill was being crowned by fans as being finally the answer. Now after two bad games he is definitely not the guy? Sorry, I am not there yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The AFC East has turned into the NFC West of old-- one contending team that's a lock to win the division every year and three also-rans who are all competing for a distant second-place finish.

The Pats are already 3-0 in the division; I would bet a large sum of money that they finish at least 5-1 in the division when all's said and done (and the way Miami is playing lately there's no way they'll even split the series so the Pats may well end up 6-0 in the division).

Yes, New England has slipped a bit. It also makes no difference. They're still good enough to waltz into the playoffs simply because they're able to dispatch the rest of the AFC East with ease.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should have been a playoff team. Finished 6-3 last year, started 4-3, had a halftime lead in Indy, our division sucks, our conference sucks, and we have a cake schedule this season. Everything fell apart in the second half at the Colts.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Two weeks ago Tannehill was being crowned by fans as being finally the answer. Now after two bad games he is definitely not the guy? Sorry, I am not there yet.
    Nub,

Can we PLEASE PLEASE have a "cannot be banned day?" where we are allowed to post to hearts content without fear of reprimand?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    IQ tests need to be mandated for this site

Quote Quote