Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't blame Tanny

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Don't blame Tanny

The poor guys got nothing to work with right now. No qb would look good with this motley crew. Earlier in the season when the team was playing a little better he played a lot better. I'm not saying he's gonna be a great qb but lets just give him a chance. Unfortunately by the time they get some players in here that can help it might be too late for him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Don't blame Tanny

Quote Originally Posted by bcfinfan View Post
    The poor guys got nothing to work with right now. No qb would look good with this motley crew. Earlier in the season when the team was playing a little better he played a lot better. I'm not saying he's gonna be a great qb but lets just give him a chance. Unfortunately by the time they get some players in here that can help it might be too late for him.
    When you overthrow wide open receivers and miss Clay on the way to a touchdown, you cannot say he has nothing to work with. Tannehill deserves and should receive 50% of the blame. There are many problems starting with both of our offensive guards, but Tannehill should not get a pass.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep, while I agree that Tannehill doesn't have much to work with neither did Henne. I remember these exact same threads popping up. I'm not comparing Henne and Tanne talent wise, just saying that the majority of posters on this site desperately want a franchise QB so they crown them WAY too early. I'm willing to be patient with Tannehill for a total of three seasons, only then can he reasonably be judged one way or the other.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    Yep, while I agree that Tannehill doesn't have much to work with neither did Henne. I remember these exact same threads popping up. I'm not comparing Henne and Tanne talent wise, just saying that the majority of posters on this site desperately want a franchise QB so they crown them WAY too early. I'm willing to be patient with Tannehill for a total of three seasons, only then can he reasonably be judged one way or the other.
    well, at least youre taking the long-view approach with Tanne's development. All I can say is that I see potential in Tanne that I never saw in Henne regardless of length of service. Tanne had a 400yd game a handful of games into his pro career with **** at WR. Henne also only has one 400yd game, which he did in his 4th season (30+ games into his career) and he had Brandon Marshall when he did that. Henne has never thrown for 3 TD's in a game, neither has Tanne, but we have to give him time.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I sure won't, because then how could I have any hope in the team's future?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let the excuse making commense.....

Tanny is showing warning signs of being a bust and the "its everyone elses fault but him" brigade is out in full force.

If he busts the good news is we will be prime position to take another stab at a would Franchise QB.

Rinse and repeat till you find your guy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    let the excuse making commense..... Tanny is showing warning signs of being a bust and the "its every. elses fault but him" brigade is out in full force.

If he busts the good news is we will be prime position to take another stab at a would Franchise QB.

Rinse and repeat till you find your guy.
    The way this team is heading, we will finish with 6, maybe 7, wins. How is that going to be prime position to draft -yet another- "franchise" QB?

The problem, as I see it, with this team is the horrible drafts from 5 years of Jeff dIreland and the draft position. When you're mediocre each year and end up drafting in the 8-15 range, chances are you're not going to have a franchise caliber QB available to you when your turn comes up. When you add the fact that we have a buffoon making talent evaluations and selections, it compounds the problem.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's going to have a few more games like the one in Indianapolis/Arizona. He's going to look good but he's not going to get help to finish it.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by bcfinfan View Post
    This is ridiculous.

You mean to say, earlier in the season WHEN HE PLAYED BETTER the TEAM PLAYED BETTER.

He deserves plenty of the blame. There is plenty of it to go around for sure. But, plenty of it is on him. Get real man. Dont start this nonsense again. Dont throw the entire team under the bus just to protect him from well deserved criticism.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote