Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looks like another rebuilding year

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Rebuilding is one of the most annoying phrases used on this board.

There really is no such thing as rebuilding in the NFL. If you make good moves, any NFL team can be a winner from one season to the next. We have the QB we are going forward with for now. Whether he turns out to be the right choice or not remains to be seen. So we arent rebuilding. Retooling perhaps, but thats all most teams ever really do in the NFL. Once you get the right QB, its just a matter of putting a few pieces in place and going for it.
    We got a little carried away after the first 7 games but without a running game which we all thought to be the strength of this team we are 7-9 8-8 at best, the key is to have a good free agency and draft and this team should be in good shape.
    Start playing the young guys now to find out what they have.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeharley666 View Post
    OMG Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
    Now, let me speak in English for you......We-will-be-adding-players-the-next-two-years-to-fit-Philbin's-vision-of-what-he-wants-his-team-to-look-like..........
    I hope that was clear enough for ya!
    And those players will continue to be duds as long as Ireland remains as gm, which was my point.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Doormat? Not really, I think Jacksonville and Kansas City safely have earned that title. Miami is middle of the pack.
    Wrong.

Miami is BELOW middle of the pack. That's called "SUB-mediocre"

When you have 3 losing seasons in a row and stand at 4-6 with a 4th straight "losing" season being inevitable, that's what you are.... sub-mediocre. Below the middle.

Not too long ago you were someone who said Sparano will be the next Peyton and will take miami to the super bowl. We know you wear rose-colored glasses but you're still overrating this sub mediocre team and it's personnel. come on. May I remind you this is a team who just got manhandled on both sides of the ball by both the crappy Titans and Bills... and got manhandled and throttled in the 2nd half when it counted by the colts. Miami hasn't beaten a team with a good QB since early 2010.. let all that sink in again..

SUB mediocre.
    Last edited by Pinkboy; 11-18-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TuTTs243 View Post
    We pretty much knew that starting a rookie quarterback wouldn't get into playoffs with New England leading the way. Stop being stupid with this post you idiot
    Who said anything about making the playoffs?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WE ARE REBUILDING PEOPLE..........................

Love the fans and posters who, less than 12 months after a majority of them wanted us to tank every game to get Luck, thought that we would be contenders just a few short months later.

We have the QB in place. We need 2 WR. Both who can stretch the field. Be it draft or FA, we have to get one via each mean. Ideally Fitz or Wallace in FA would be sweet. We need one more better quality O lineman. Our backups are average, Our starters are pretty good- long has sucked in the last few games, and I like to think thats an abberation. Pouncey, Martin, Incog are good, Jerry has improved, Garner is OK, but someone to be on par with Pouncey or Long would be nice.

We desperately need another OLB or DE. Moreso, a shutdown CB is a big a need as a WR. We have been toasted in the past month, people know how to pressure us, and the rest of the league is following suit.

Fasano is expendable. He simply dissapears for games at a time. Clay flashes, but I think the gameplan alters due to teams stacking the box and the WR not getting open. It makes it difficult to play good footy when we can only play average footy.

This was always gonna be a rebuilding year. Those who were shocked should change there rose coloured glasses.

Philbin stays - 3,4 maybe more. He needs time to bring in his type of players to mould the team his way. I hope they give him time. Ireland stays next year. After that, if we dont get 9 or 10 wins by 2014, then it would be difficult to retain him.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    Wrong.

When you have 3 losing seasons in a row and stand at 4-6 with a 4th straight "losing" season being inevitable, that's what you are.... sub-mediocre. Below the middle.
    I am talking about this season, right now Miami is middle of the pack. Since there are 32 teams, I would say the best 10 or 11 are the top teams. The worst 10 or 11 are the bottom teams and the middle 10 or 11 are the middle of the pack teams. I guess you can make an argument that they are on the cusp record wise of the bottom teams, but right now I would say they are closer to being in the middle of the pack. Anyways, the comment was that the 4-6 Dolphins are the doormat of the NFL. I think the 1-8 Jaguars and Chiefs run away with that title. No question that Miami is not that bad. Not even close, hence why they are closer to the middle then the bottom.

Not too long ago you were someone who said Sparano will be the next Peyton and will take miami to the super bowl. We know you wear rose-colored glasses but you're still overrating this sub mediocre team and it's personnel. come on. May I remind you this is a team who just got manhandled on both sides of the ball by both the crappy Titans and Bills... and got manhandled and throttled in the 2nd half when it counted by the colts. Miami hasn't beaten a team with a good QB since early 2010.. let all that sink in again..

SUB mediocre.
    I don't recall ever saying Sparano would be the next Peyton. Sparano is a coach, Peyton is a quarterback.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am talking about this season, right now Miami is middle of the pack. Since there are 32 teams, I would say the best 10 or 11 are the top teams. The worst 10 or 11 are the bottom teams and the middle 10 or 11 are the middle of the pack teams. I guess you can make an argument that they are on the cusp record wise of the bottom teams, but right now I would say they are closer to being in the middle of the pack. Anyways, the comment was that the 4-6 Dolphins are the doormat of the NFL. I think the 1-8 Jaguars and Chiefs run away with that title. No question that Miami is not that bad. Not even close, hence why they are closer to the middle then the bottom.

I don't recall ever saying Sparano would be the next Peyton. Sparano is a coach, Peyton is a quarterback.
    He probably means Sean Payton. You have to admit you are a homer. Not seeing Ireland for what he is is a prime example
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

You may have a point based on record. But being obliterated at home by a previously 3-6 who received a shellacking the week before and losing 4 days later to another 3-6 team in a quite convincing way not managing crap against one of the worst defenses one can make the argument that we are closer to being a doormat again rather than middle of the pack.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    some people hate irleand, some like him. I like him. I was quite pleased with last years draft. the funny thing, you have to be patient. players need developing. you have to trust the staff to bring the players along. I dont think that ireland takes anybody without some consideration for what the coaching staff wants, he has final say over personnel I am sure, but I hardly doubt he takes whoever and shoves them down philbin and companies throat and says here make it work.

the one pick the past few years I still am not overly pleased with is the odrick pick. I wish we had stayed pat instead of trading back, in that one instance. Normally I am all for stockpiling picks, but I thought there were plenty of guys who could have been better dolphins than odrick, although I haven't given up completely on odrick... BUT, you HAVE to hit on your first round picks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    Wrong.

SUB mediocre.
    Why on Earth would you get your hackles up over the minutia of how to classify the Dolphins? "Middle of the pack" is a pretty broad term. It definitely isn't cause to say someone's wearing rose-colored glasses and making false statements about the team.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote