Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't be fools.... Another 5 yrs of this

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our players cannot win against their opponent in most one on one situations. That is a lack of talent IMHO.
    WE have a lack of talent in the GM position.
    With a great GM, this team could be turned around in 2 seasons.

During the courtship with Parcells, he was set to join Atlanta and we initially though we scored a coup.
    Demitrioff ended going to the Falcons. He chose Ryan(who we bypassed for Jake Long) and look at them now.

The GM is the king maker. We had the court JESTER.

This team must be purged of the Parcells stench before we can truly move on. He is the problem with this team.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    so who should ireland be replaced with and what has he done lately to make people think, he is a king and not a court jester? anybody who is available, either got ran out of town, or is a wanna be at this point... not that I'm against giving a wannabe a chance, but I'm just asking because some people think the surefire way to get better is to replace the GM, like its a foregone conclusion that this team minus ireland, is exponentially better than it is now.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm all for giving Philbin some time. He took over a young mostly **** roster and we've been relatively competitive in most of our games.

Trust in Philbin.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    so who should ireland be replaced with and what has he done lately to make people think, he is a king and not a court jester? anybody who is available, either got ran out of town, or is a wanna be at this point... not that I'm against giving a wannabe a chance, but I'm just asking because some people think the surefire way to get better is to replace the GM, like its a foregone conclusion that this team minus ireland, is exponentially better than it is now.
    no. You don't understand. Another gm gives this team a chance to be successful and that's all we ask for us is that chance, that potential, that opportunity. To us the only foregone conclusion is that the team will continue to suffer as long is Ireland is our gm. We choose a chance for hope as opposed to no hope at all
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: Don't be fools.... Another 5 yrs of this

The "who else is out there" logic is the most flawed of any on here. If you run a business and have a ****ty employee, do you keep him just because you don't know who else is out there? Makes no sense. The same flawed logic people used in defense of keeping Sparano.

If you want to defend Ireland because you think he's doing a good job, fine; I disagree, but at least that is a reasonable argument.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    The "who else is out there" logic is the most flawed of any on here. If you run a business and have a ****ty employee, do you keep him just because you don't know who else is out there? Makes no sense. The same flawed logic people used in defense of keeping Sparano.

If you want to defend Ireland because you think he's doing a good job, fine; I disagree, but at least that is a reasonable argument.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    GODDAMNIT, thought that was sarcasm but, missing the LOL at the end.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    GODDAMNIT, thought that was sarcasm but, missing the LOL at the end.
    Reasonable =/= good.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    There's only a few players who will be back at there staring positions next year.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

They greatest players/coaches/GMs were once "wanna be's"

Your logic = failure.

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    In the NFL, there are roughly 1,000 players, and maybe twice as many between coaches, FO, etc. This is all there is for getting a job there in the entire country. There are likely more Harvard grads looking for jobs than those qualified for a VG job in the NFL.

It is a bit different than comparing it to bad employee's in a normal business, where you would have thousands looking to fill a job in any given area, especially in this economy.

Reasonable =/= Good is not even in the same world/universe. JMO
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    In the NFL, there are roughly 1,000 players, and maybe twice as many between coaches, FO, etc. This is all there is for getting a job there in the entire country. There are likely more Harvard grads looking for jobs than those qualified for a VG job in the NFL.

It is a bit different than comparing it to bad employee's in a normal business, where you would have thousands looking to fill a job in any given area, especially in this economy.

Reasonable =/= Good is not even in the same world/universe. JMO
    Missed the point entirely. Okay, let me simplify it for you. If a large corporation has a ****ty CEO, should they just keep him because they're not sure what else is out there (without even bothering to look)? Is that a good enough analogy for you? Or do CEOs of major corporations just grow on trees too?

And, as I pointed out in the original post, your ****ty logic failed with Sparano as well. "Oh, we can't fire Morono, who are we going to replace him with? Derp!" Well, we replaced him, and it wasn't all that hard.
    Quote Quote