Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don't be fools.... Another 5 yrs of this

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Missed the point entirely. Okay, let me simplify it for you. If a large corporation has a ****ty CEO, should they just keep him because they're not sure what else is out there (without even bothering to look)? Is that a good enough analogy for you? Or do CEOs of major corporations just grow on trees too?

And, as I pointed out in the original post, your ****ty logic failed with Sparano as well. "Oh, we can't fire Morono, who are we going to replace him with? Derp!" Well, we replaced him, and it wasn't all that hard.
    How does a bad employee in a normal business, which you posted, now compare with a CEO of a big corp?

I was a Project Mgr for Wild Oats, a stock exchange company before selling out to Whole Foods, and have had, and now do have, a much smaller company. How about yourself?

Yeah, I think I can follow you, without the simplification.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    So we should keep Ireland because there's nobody else out there? I'm sure if we looked we could find another GM. Aren't you tired of losing every year because this team never has talent?
    I disputed Gonzo's premise, nothing whatsoever to do with firing Ireland or keeping him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I disputed Gonzo's premise, nothing whatsoever to do with firing Ireland or keeping him.
    What are your views on Ireland?

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggDolphin View Post
    The problem is as fans you guys got to high when we were 4-3...this is the same team everyone had going 3-13 or worst. Bottom line is even through we shown a glimpse of hope this isn't a team ready for playoffs. I was telling everyone who would say "bet you glad to be a Dolphin fan now". Yes, I am and will be a dolphin fan but I'm a student of the game and I knew we were not going to playoffs but was hopeful. Just saying we have a decent rookie coach and QB that can grow into something special. He has less than 30 starts as QB...period college and NFL. We will have growing pains with him. The more weapons he get going forward the better he and this team will be. I just want to see progress each season to wear its to the point we expect to compete for a playoff spot or better.
    People set the bar at holding a halftime lead at Indy, beating the Titans, and beating the Bills (did that twice last year). That's not too high at all. Yours is far too low.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Because good quarterback play doesnt improve the run game at all. In the least. Perish the thought.
    Actually it does depending how you look at it. For Minnesota, Ponder is a caretaker, for him it works opposite. the run game makes the play action work better. So in this case the run helps the QB not the other way around. If you guys think that STL,MIN,TB, are a playoff threat every year you are mentally retarded. Those teams in a 10 year stretch with those QB's will probably make the playoffs twice, 1 year come close the other 7 mediocre. What i'm gathering with all this, is that to you guys is acceptable for your team. You would be fine with the fins producing like that in a 10 year span. Like I said, you need to have a top 10 qb, to continously make the playoffs, definitely a top 10 QB to be a superbowl threat or if you don't every other player on your 53 man roster has to be great. Which we all know the latter is impossible
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    What are your views on Ireland?
    He is average, kinda like the team, with some good, bad, and indifferent. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri416 View Post
    Actually it does depending how you look at it. For Minnesota, Ponder is a caretaker, for him it works opposite. the run game makes the play action work better. So in this case the run helps the QB not the other way around. If you guys think that STL,MIN,TB, are a playoff threat every year you are mentally retarded. Those teams in a 10 year stretch with those QB's will probably make the playoffs twice, 1 year come close the other 7 mediocre. What i'm gathering with all this, is that to you guys is acceptable for your team. You would be fine with the fins producing like that in a 10 year span. Like I said, you need to have a top 10 qb, to continously make the playoffs, definitely a top 10 QB to be a superbowl threat or if you don't every other player on your 53 man roster has to be great. Which we all know the latter is impossible
    I perfer the view that wins. You know, like Tampa, Minnesota, and Detroit are doing this year.

Minnesota has the best running back in the league. He's carving out a hall of fame career. So what do they do? They give the ball to the best player on their team the football. This is not a bad philosophy. Ponder has shown he can win games when he needs to. 6-4 record in the hardest division in football doesnt happen on accident. His quarterback rating is currently 85.2, which according to you, is the most important stat in the history of mankind.

Oh, and because teams have struggling in the past that means they can never improve. Gotcha. That Saints Superbowl victory must have been a total fluke.

And i see exactly what your saying, we need to cut Tannehill immediately. He struggled for 3 entire games! The only way to improve is to cut players before they hit the dreaded 4 game struggle mark. Giants clearly had the right idea when they cut Cam Wake. To bad they didnt learn there lesson quicker and cut Manning who, based off his rookie season because thats the most important year ever, is a terrible player.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    People set the bar at holding a halftime lead at Indy, beating the Titans, and beating the Bills (did that twice last year). That's not too high at all. Yours is far too low.
    I respect your opinion but my expectations for this Miami team as a FAN and nothing more was to be compete in every game. If your think team can win in the playoffs your very much mistaken but you know as a fan we all have our expectations and I will shoot you down for having yours just as you shouldn't shoot me down for voicing my opinion. I want nothing more to see them win a Super Bowl but we are not there yet.
    What da hell ya looking at!? Yes I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and damn proud of it!!!!!
    Quote Quote