Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't be fools.... Another 5 yrs of this

1. -21
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    In the NFL, there are roughly 1,000 players, and maybe twice as many between coaches, FO, etc. This is all there is for getting a job there in the entire country. There are likely more Harvard grads looking for jobs than those qualified for a VG job in the NFL.

It is a bit different than comparing it to bad employee's in a normal business, where you would have thousands looking to fill a job in any given area, especially in this economy.

Reasonable =/= Good is not even in the same world/universe. JMO
    So we should keep Ireland because there's nobody else out there? I'm sure if we looked we could find another GM. Aren't you tired of losing every year because this team never has talent?

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Do you have next weeks Mega Million numbers while you're prediction the future?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri416 View Post
    There are some of you, or I would say most of you who are optimistic about Tannehill. Can he be that guy? Based on his performance its clearly looking like he's not going to pan out. He doesn't throw TD's, too many INT, decision making with the ball is terrible half the time. Too quick to get the ball out, I can understand if there's pressure(blitz) but when there's time in the pocket, he delivers the ball way too quick. Doesn't let routes develop more than 10+ yards down the field. He seems poise but his pocket awareness is terrible, doesn't use his mobility, a side step to by more time and reset his feet and that Fire attitude in games in the huddle is not there. An overall judgement on a QB performance is the QB rating. Tannehills QB rating isn't bad, its atrocious. Ok if not atrocious to some, it's horrible, very very concerning. His numbers are as bad as Dirty buttfumble. Despite his 431 yard performance against Arizona, his consistancy of play has been like Mark buttfumble. For buttfumble, we all say his sucks based on performance and numbers. If your only excuse is that he's a rookie, give him time, your oblivious. Let me give you a hint, the good QB's, the ones that will make you a playoff threat every year, perform very well when they are appointed the starting QB their Rookie seasons. His receivers are nothing special either.
    Rookie seasons from "recent"(Mark buttfumble's draft and beyond) draft picks:

Josh Freeman: 10 tds, 18 picks, 59.8 QB rating.
    Matt Stafford: 13 tds, 20 picks, 61 QB rating.
    Christian Ponder: 13 tds, 13 picks, 70.1 QB rating
    Sam Bradford: 18tds, 15 picks, 76.5 QB rating.

And not as recent but lead his team to the NFC Championship game: Alex Smith, 1 td, 11 picks, figured it to be so terrible i didnt even look QB rating.

Doesnt look like "very well" performances to me. Perhaps we should judge the quarterback on his play and level of progression, but thats just my opinion. By the way, Ryan Tannehill has a qb rating of 70.8 at this moment. By your logic, Freeman and Stafford are busts. Tough break for Bucs and Lions fans.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Rookie seasons from "recent"(Mark buttfumble's draft and beyond) draft picks:

Josh Freeman: 10 tds, 18 picks, 59.8 QB rating.
    Matt Stafford: 13 tds, 20 picks, 61 QB rating.
    Christian Ponder: 13 tds, 13 picks, 70.1 QB rating
    Sam Bradford: 18tds, 15 picks, 76.5 QB rating.

And not as recent but lead his team to the NFC Championship game: Alex Smith, 1 td, 11 picks, figured it to be so terrible i didnt even look QB rating.

Doesnt look like "very well" performances to me. Perhaps we should judge the quarterback on his play and level of progression, but thats just my opinion. By the way, Ryan Tannehill has a qb rating of 70.8 at this moment. By your logic, Freeman and Stafford are busts. Tough break for Bucs and Lions fans.
    Exactly my point. All those guys you just mentioned, you can tell right away that after their rookie performances, they are not QB's that will be in top 10 category for their respective teams to be a playoff threat every year.
    TB,Min,STL with their QB's they are not going to be playoff threats year in and year out during each QB's duration on those respected team. Stafford is the exception. But if your arguement is exceptions, you give yourself false hope in life 90% of the time.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Exactly my point. All those guys you just mentioned, you can tell right away that after their rookie performances, they are not QB's that will be in top 10 category for their respective teams to be a playoff threat every year.
    TB,Min,STL with their QB's they are not going to be playoff threats year in and year out during each QB's duration on those respected team. Stafford is the exception. But if your arguement is exceptions, you give yourself false hope in life 90% of the time.
    TB is on they way to the playoffs, so is MIN, hell STL just tied a game with 49ers.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rams were a game away from the playoffs in 2010. Minnesota is 6-4 and fighting for a playoff spot. TB is 5-4 and fighting for a playoff spot. And Lions have made the playoffs and are currently fighting for a playoff spot.

All these teams are playoff threats this season, with the exception of perhaps the Rams, though they are extremely competative(something we learned).

You seem to want a rookie quarterback to secure a playoff spot by week 10. Guess what, rookies make mistakes sometimes. Sometimes those mistakes cost them games. After their rookie year they tend to improve. Just like every single quarterback i listed. If you were to ask fans of the Lions, Bucs, Vikings, and Rams if they would want to cut their quarterback, 90% of them would say "no". I give a 10% opening because there are fans such as yourself who judge players on stats and refuse to be pleased no matter how well their quarterback plays.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    TB is on they way to the playoffs, so is MIN, hell STL just tied a game with 49ers.
    Uhm none of them are as of today buddy.... And the year both teams are having is more credited to their RB's then their QB's. Minnesota has Ponder as a caretaker, game manager and Peterson after knee surgery is on pace for career best. If that's what you want or would be happy with Tannehill becoming get used to be medicre at best.... With TB Doug Martin is having a monster yr. Who cares that STL tied SF. Tannehill threw for 431 yards against Arizona, top 5 D at the time and you all thought he was the second coming. Look at him now. Please realize this, you can some great talents at other positions on your team, without a top 10 QB your not going to be a threat year in and year out of winning 10 games and be a playoff threat.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Uhm none of them are as of today buddy.... And the year both teams are having is more credited to their RB's then their QB's. Minnesota has Ponder as a caretaker, game manager and Peterson after knee surgery is on pace for career best. If that's what you want or would be happy with Tannehill becoming get used to be medicre at best.... With TB Doug Martin is having a monster yr. Who cares that STL tied SF. Tannehill threw for 431 yards against Arizona, top 5 D at the time and you all thought he was the second coming. Look at him now. Please realize this, you can some great talents at other positions on your team, without a top 10 QB your not going to be a threat year in and year out of winning 10 games and be a playoff threat.

Yes they are dude. dafuq you talking about.

Also why in your eyes are ROOKIE qbs not allowed to have struggles? Did you expect Tannehill to be a Dan Marino coming out? Well he isn't Marino was a prodigy at the QB position. So Tannehill can't struggle?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because good quarterback play doesnt improve the run game at all. In the least. Perish the thought.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem is as fans you guys got to high when we were 4-3...this is the same team everyone had going 3-13 or worst. Bottom line is even through we shown a glimpse of hope this isn't a team ready for playoffs. I was telling everyone who would say "bet you glad to be a Dolphin fan now". Yes, I am and will be a dolphin fan but I'm a student of the game and I knew we were not going to playoffs but was hopeful. Just saying we have a decent rookie coach and QB that can grow into something special. He has less than 30 starts as QB...period college and NFL. We will have growing pains with him. The more weapons he get going forward the better he and this team will be. I just want to see progress each season to wear its to the point we expect to compete for a playoff spot or better.
    What da hell ya looking at!? Yes I'm a Miami Dolphins fan and damn proud of it!!!!!
    Quote Quote