Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matthews - "coming on"

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this dude was ready since preseason.

Lets face it folks, the guy was getting open and catchin everything.

But no, we had to play our prized Free Agent in Naanooooo. Then we had to look for some name we recognize. Now we come to this since there is nowhere to go.

Fact is, this kid could be so much further ahead right now. But no, we have to save our faces somehow. This kid is our #3 WR as far as I am concerned. And even if he is not, he is.

Looking forward to #86
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only problem he had that I saw was when he didnt know where to line up and RT had to tell him where he needed to be. Aside from that I liked seeing him out there.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Only problem he had that I saw was when he didnt know where to line up and RT had to tell him where he needed to be. Aside from that I liked seeing him out there.
    yeah but the same could be said for many on this team. The kid just finds the hole and catches the ball. Let him figure out the nuances as he goes....should have been so from day one. Nanu would never had started on my team. Never in the history of Nanu has he be regarded as a good blocker. They were smoking us on crack on that one.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    yeah but the same could be said for many on this team. The kid just finds the hole and catches the ball. Let him figure out the nuances as he goes....should have been so from day one. Nanu would never had started on my team. Never in the history of Nanu has he be regarded as a good blocker. They were smoking us on crack on that one.
    True! On all counts.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I, and many on here have been raving since the preseason. Against Dallas, he was making plays in the FIRST Quarter (against the 1s). He looks big bodied and strong, and he seems fast enough to gain separation when his routes are crisp.
    I hope he could be more of a flanker so that Bess can terrorize in the slot where he has mismatches, instead of taking on starting CBs where he doesn't.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    I, and many on here have been raving since the preseason. Against Dallas, he was making plays in the FIRST Quarter (against the 1s). He looks big bodied and strong, and he seems fast enough to gain separation when his routes are crisp.
    I hope he could be more of a flanker so that Bess can terrorize in the slot where he has mismatches, instead of taking on starting CBs where he doesn't.
    Wait, so are you saying it ISNT a good idea to send Bess out on deep routes? Lol.. Sherman thinks its a great idea.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i rather see him then moore AT WR........i really think this guy can be a nice wr not saying a no.1 but a good wr hes really physical.
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think he's having trouble fully learning the offense (and by all accounts this offense demands a lot from receivers in terms of knowing which routes to run and how to handle coverage). We saw it where he lined up wrong against Buffalo, and it's really the only explanation that makes sense as to why the coaching staff has been reluctant to put him on the field.

Because quite frankly, the passing game simply looks more dynamic with him out there. I think he's going to be a keeper.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote