Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Ross Thinking?

Hybrid View

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

What's Ross Thinking?

I read CK's post on firing Ireland, and it was VG in what Ross should do with Ireland. I've also read a number of posts on that might mean firing Philbin as well. So, what do you think Ross is thinking?

IF I were Ross, posting (or not) from my 200 foot yacht, I would be considering my decision last year, and wondering if I made the right one. I would be looking at negativity from my fan base, which may be worse than even perhaps from the Cam year.

I'm thinking that my Celeb owners was a waste of time, and the only entertainment Football Phans want is a team to believe in. I look at the embarrassment of all the empty seats, and see many fans moving to hoops (Heat) because their operation and owner actually know what they are doing, won two titles, and favored for another.

I even look at the Marlins, with the worst owners in sports, getting a beautiful new stadium, and having won two World Series Championships.

WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I were Ross, I would figure out who I want in charge of the draft. With all the picks we have do we want Ireland to make those picks or someone else.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    If I was Mr. Ross, I would have fired Tony and Jeff after the 2010 season. I would be two years into my rebuilding process after I cleaned a couple of years ago.

Be that as it may, I would can Ireland. I would look to people that would be able to work with Philbin. A promotion of Brian Gaine would be an idea. I would also look at Bill Kuharich. Finally, maybe a survey of the Green Bay FO might yield a candidate for the job.

I think at this point, Joe deserves much more time on the job.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Does Ross double down on his confidence in Joe and give him more power of personnel?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    If I was Mr. Ross, I would have fired Tony and Jeff after the 2010 season. I would be two years into my rebuilding process after I cleaned a couple of years ago.

Be that as it may, I would can Ireland. I would look to people that would be able to work with Philbin. A promotion of Brian Gaine would be an idea. I would also look at Bill Kuharich. Finally, maybe a survey of the Green Bay FO might yield a candidate for the job.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Does Ross double down on his confidence in Joe and give him more power of personnel?
    Gaine is a good option, and very well respected, and I do agree, at this point, that Philbin deserves more time. The next six weeks will tell a Dolphins tale as to if the team continues to be lifeless.

IF Ross were looking to make a change, with many picks, expiring contracts, and a ton of cap space, this would be the time. I don't see it happening but, we shall see.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post

I would trust a Joe Philbin selection with personnel. To give him the best chance to succeed, that would be the way to go.
    Ireland only cares about holding onto his job...not the Miami Dolphins.

Ireland continually makes head scratching moves in the draft. The Egnew pick was a complete mystery with the 3rd round pick in a draft that was very deep at WR.

WE could have had TY Hilton..a guy that is right in our own back yard. Ireland and CO could not see his talent? There were other guys available there too.

We were switching to the spead offense and we do not even have 5 receivers? It seems like a complete disconnect. If his arguement is that we had other needs like RT...he missed on that one too.

In a couple of years, the only players from this draft still on the team will be Tannehill, Miller, and possibly Matthews.

That is just pure ass in terms of knowing who to pick. Just failure after failure IMHO>

I want someone else calling the shots.

Ross would do a better job allowing the members of FH to vote on the draft selections...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I would trust a Joe Philbin selection with personnel. To give him the best chance to succeed, that would be the way to go.
    Ireland only cares about holding onto his job...not the Miami Dolphins.

Ireland continually makes head scratching moves in the draft. The Egnew pick was a complete mystery with the 3rd round pick in a draft that was very deep at WR.

WE could have had TY Hilton..a guy that is right in our own back yard. Ireland and CO could not see his talent? There were other guys available there too.

We were switching to the spead offense and we do not even have 5 receivers? It seems like a complete disconnect. If his arguement is that we had other needs like RT...he missed on that one too.

In a couple of years, the only players from this draft still on the team will be Tannehill, Miller, and possibly Matthews.

That is just pure ass in terms of knowing who to pick. Just failure after failure IMHO>

I want someone else calling the shots.

Ross would do a better job allowing the members of FH to vote on the draft selections...
    That is interesting. Anyone, who posted draft picks over the past few years, care to play?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It all starts with removing Ireland. We need a better GM.
    We need a guy that can supply this team with talent. We need a GM that makes the correct pick every year.
    We need a GM that can draft excellent players with every one of his top 5 picks each year, instead of hitting one or two in five years.
    We need a GM that can draft pro bowl and HOF type players from time to time.
    Ireland has assembled a team with a few mediocre players, and a lot of back ups.
    Ross...or your minion that may be reading this...I want Ireland off the team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I see a lot of people clamoring for ireland to get canned, but not many options other than philbin and brian gaine to replace him.

what has philbin proven in this league that he should be in charge of personnel. Brian Gaine is responsible for what big gains in the league?

i don't ask to be a smartass, I ask to become more informed. I don't think just because we fire ireland, we are a better team. I question whether firing him is the right idea, although I'm not totally opposed to it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Firing Ireland would be a dumb idea IMO, one that I don't think Ross will make. I'm not some Ireland apologist but at this point Ireland has been scouting for the needs on our offense/defense all year. He's gotten a better understanding of the type of players we need with the schemes we run, given that he's spent more time with Philbin, and staff etc..

At this point I trust Philbin and I think he's got more say so than Sparano ever did. He'll keep things in order this off season..

I'm not saying "absolutely not" when it comes to firing him. If we can find someone that has experience scouting/drafting players that fit our schemes and also works well with Philbin, then sure, I guess hire someone else if Ross is really wanting to move in a different direction. I sure as hell don't know enough about the available GMs that are being thrown around to say who would fill those needs though so I won't say.

I just don't want worst case scenario: Ross hires someone that doesn't want what Philbin wants and we either; get rid of our current staff OR not mesh properly and fail.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    Firing Ireland would be a dumb idea IMO, one that I don't think Ross will make. I'm not some Ireland apologist but at this point Ireland has been scouting for the needs on our offense/defense all year. He's gotten a better understanding of the type of players we need with the schemes we run, given that he's spent more time with Philbin, and staff etc..

At this point I trust Philbin and I think he's got more say so than Sparano ever did. He'll keep things in order this off season..

I'm not saying "absolutely not" when it comes to firing him. If we can find someone that has experience scouting/drafting players that fit our schemes and also works well with Philbin, then sure, I guess hire someone else if Ross is really wanting to move in a different direction. I sure as hell don't know enough about the available GMs that are being thrown around to say who would fill those needs though so I won't say.

I just don't want worst case scenario: Ross hires someone that doesn't want what Philbin wants and we either; get rid of our current staff OR not mesh properly and fail.
    From a business standpoint, i think retaining Ireland may be a bad move. Fans are tired of him, whether that's fair or not doesn't seem to matter because they are the one that are ultimately buying the tickets. Some have mentioned Brian Gaine and someone even mentioned Ron Wolf's kid in Green Bay. Wolf's son has been scouting for this type of offense all year so i don't think it'd b an issue. People are tired of Ireland and i think he ultimately has until the end of December to prove otherwise.
    Quote Quote