Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Ross Thinking?

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Yeah no chance of Vernon sticking... or Martin

The Egnew pick is a head scratcher... who is to say that Philbin didn't want a TE at that point in the draft.

Seems to me this go around, Ireland hit on more than he missed, and just maybe, Philbin's player needs better fit what Jeff has an eye for.
    I would be surprised if Ireland didn't get a mulligan this year due to the coaching change and the Rookie QB.

The constant change in coaches and GMs over the last decade hasn't helped this team change the perception of it.
    Yeah Ireland has only had five years and look at what he has done with receivers,o-line and d backs. Gees the guy is not good.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ross has his advisers that he listens to.. the same advisers that gave the thumbs up on hiring Ireland in the first place.. Whomever they like, I'm sure Ross will recruit..

He doesnt give a rats behind about what the fanbase cares or thinks..
    Mr Ross.. you failed us!!!

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    first off:

unless its an absolute deal breaker with a BIG TIME gm prospect, philbin is going nowhere. boss ross hand picked him [ireland wanted the dude from denver] and he wont be sending him packing.
    and rightfully so as NONE OF THIS is philbins coaching. its just hes now finding out what most of us have known for some time, that we do not have talent. not enough to win us anything special. this is ALL irelands fault for not being able to draft and wanting to hold onto his failed and flawed picks like sean smith.

and speaking of ireland, YES!! he should be fired at seasons end, not a minute after. he should have been gone 2 years back. and its not always so much the players he pics, its where and how he pics them. i said this years draft was one of the WORST in finz history and its rearing its ugly head. i like tanny a lot. he shows some real great things, but, his promotion to starter was all political, he was going to be the starter no matter what. he should have stayed on the bench as he wasnt ready and we had a qb who played his arse off last year and deserved to see if it was a fluke or not.

he just isnt A QUALITY GM! never has been.

he drafted a qb who should have been a later 1st round choice, not #8. then he forced him into the starting job.

2nd pick was a ot who couldnt handle speed demons or rushers bull rushers as we have seen so many times already.

really? another rb after we had a STELLER year from reggie? and daniel thomas got injured. before that the kid looked real good, IF you had your eyes open. so why an rb that high? WHERE THE 2 BIGGEST NEEDS, WR AND CB?

NOT THE NEXT PIC!! that went on olivia vernon. he has flashed. looks like a pro bowl special teams guy, maybe. isnt even close to being the bookend with wake. the kid had very little college ball and had injuries. again, if this is the 5th round, not so bad a chance on him. but taking an inexperienced player when we still needed cb and wr made it worse.

and the pics kept getting more silly. and after vernon its all forgetable trash.

his free agency was a disaster. duds who were cut or couldnt stay on the field.

YES!! it is time to let ireland go.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    first off:

unless its an absolute deal breaker with a BIG TIME gm prospect, philbin is going nowhere. boss ross hand picked him [ireland wanted the dude from denver] and he wont be sending him packing.
    and rightfully so as NONE OF THIS is philbins coaching. its just hes now finding out what most of us have known for some time, that we do not have talent. not enough to win us anything special. this is ALL irelands fault for not being able to draft and wanting to hold onto his failed and flawed picks like sean smith.

and speaking of ireland, YES!! he should be fired at seasons end, not a minute after. he should have been gone 2 years back. and its not always so much the players he pics, its where and how he pics them. i said this years draft was one of the WORST in finz history and its rearing its ugly head. i like tanny a lot. he shows some real great things, but, his promotion to starter was all political, he was going to be the starter no matter what. he should have stayed on the bench as he wasnt ready and we had a qb who played his arse off last year and deserved to see if it was a fluke or not.

he just isnt A QUALITY GM! never has been.

he drafted a qb who should have been a later 1st round choice, not #8. then he forced him into the starting job.

2nd pick was a ot who couldnt handle speed demons or rushers bull rushers as we have seen so many times already.

really? another rb after we had a STELLER year from reggie? and daniel thomas got injured. before that the kid looked real good, IF you had your eyes open. so why an rb that high? WHERE THE 2 BIGGEST NEEDS, WR AND CB?

NOT THE NEXT PIC!! that went on olivia vernon. he has flashed. looks like a pro bowl special teams guy, maybe. isnt even close to being the bookend with wake. the kid had very little college ball and had injuries. again, if this is the 5th round, not so bad a chance on him. but taking an inexperienced player when we still needed cb and wr made it worse.

and the pics kept getting more silly. and after vernon its all forgetable trash.

his free agency was a disaster. duds who were cut or couldnt stay on the field.

YES!! it is time to let ireland go.
    NRA, FWIW and in all due respect, I have to question your RIP's and, to a very limited degree, bringing your politics here. JMO.

That being said, back to football. You question draft picks but, give no alternative solutions. Who are you picking in place of Tannehill, etc? A 1%'er asked me to ask you.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Roflmao lets figure a role for Ireland but not fire him talk about Srockholm Syndrome
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    Firing Ireland would be a dumb idea IMO, one that I don't think Ross will make. I'm not some Ireland apologist but at this point Ireland has been scouting for the needs on our offense/defense all year. He's gotten a better understanding of the type of players we need with the schemes we run, given that he's spent more time with Philbin, and staff etc..

At this point I trust Philbin and I think he's got more say so than Sparano ever did. He'll keep things in order this off season..

I'm not saying "absolutely not" when it comes to firing him. If we can find someone that has experience scouting/drafting players that fit our schemes and also works well with Philbin, then sure, I guess hire someone else if Ross is really wanting to move in a different direction. I sure as hell don't know enough about the available GMs that are being thrown around to say who would fill those needs though so I won't say.

I just don't want worst case scenario: Ross hires someone that doesn't want what Philbin wants and we either; get rid of our current staff OR not mesh properly and fail.
    From a business standpoint, i think retaining Ireland may be a bad move. Fans are tired of him, whether that's fair or not doesn't seem to matter because they are the one that are ultimately buying the tickets. Some have mentioned Brian Gaine and someone even mentioned Ron Wolf's kid in Green Bay. Wolf's son has been scouting for this type of offense all year so i don't think it'd b an issue. People are tired of Ireland and i think he ultimately has until the end of December to prove otherwise.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Yeah no chance of Vernon sticking... or Martin

The Egnew pick is a head scratcher... who is to say that Philbin didn't want a TE at that point in the draft.

Seems to me this go around, Ireland hit on more than he missed, and just maybe, Philbin's player needs better fit what Jeff has an eye for.
    I would be surprised if Ireland didn't get a mulligan this year due to the coaching change and the Rookie QB.

The constant change in coaches and GMs over the last decade hasn't helped this team change the perception of it.
    That's the thing, how many mulligans does he get? First it was Bill Parcells, then it was Sparano, and now it's because were rebuilding. The rebuilding thing has me confused because he is essentially rebuilding a mess he had a big hand in making..... why was he retained? Besides Saban and the interim coaches, which one of the fired coaches from the past 10 years do you honestly believe deserved to retain their job?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Maybe Ross will just keep buying thousands of tickets to keep games on TV, and wait a few years to build through the draft.

Anyone buying that?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Come on guys, there is some nonsense posted on this thread. Ireland was BP's man, nothing to do with Ross's advisors unless BP is still one of his advisors which I doubt. Secondly to say this year's draft was one of the WORST in Finz history is completely untrue too, take a list of the drafts over the past 10-15 years and this would rank probably at the top in most people's books.
    As for Ireland this year's draft was a huge step in the right direction, actually using the 1st pick on a play maker on O, and the rest of the draft doesn't look too shabby either. Having said that Ireland is an average GM, not great, not awful. On the basis that you want the best for the Fins it probably does make sense to can him if there is a better alternative happy to play ball with Philbin.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have been patient with Ireland for 5 years. I am not seeing improvement in the trenches, in the secondary, or offensive play makers in the draft.
    Our best players were either here before he arrived, trades, or free agents.

I am ready for a change of direction for the sake of change. What we have right now is not working. Send Ireland back into the waiting arms of Jerry Jones.
    Quote Quote