Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: For those who think they know about QBs

  1. -41
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2012
    Posts:
    20
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Luck threw 3 interceptions(2 that were pick six) and his team lost by 35 points. Should the Colts bench Luck?
    I don't think the guy who started this thread meant that Ryan is awful or Henne is great or Luck should be benched. Way 2 over react people, jees. But I do think he makes a valid point that Ryan is a little siced and so is Henne but in the other direction. That's what I got from this thread and I completely agree.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    finjim's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,411
    vCash:
    2831
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliFinFan420 View Post
    I don't think the guy who started this thread meant that Ryan is awful or Henne is great or Luck should be benched. Way 2 over react people, jees. But I do think he makes a valid point that Ryan is a little siced and so is Henne but in the other direction. That's what I got from this thread and I completely agree.
    Thank you for understanding. So few do!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    DolfanISS's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    7,767
    vCash:
    6834
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    HMMMM, I got that he was pointing out how little we Finheaven posters know about QB play and the 2nd post (THANKS INCLUDED) was exactly the kind of huffy response you get from some of the out of work scouts/GM's who post here.

    It's funny how quickly posters are to point things out when the media is worng about stuff but it just gets forgotten the 10000000000000000000's of times posters here are wrong about stuff.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    finjim's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,411
    vCash:
    2831
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was pointing out that the fanbase is hot and cold with a QB from game to game. And that great QBs throw picks and do not get cut or benched for it. So maybe they just need to sit back and relax.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    6,887
    vCash:
    8110
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chad Henne sure looked good on his way to getting 4 TD's, but he failed to win the game, which is the problem with Henne. It doesn't really matter what he does when he gets to crunch time and can't get the deal done. He had a big lead and didn't extend it, letting the Texans come back. He had his defense set him up at the 50 with just 15 yards needed to try a game winning FG (both teams had FG's so it became sudden death). He had four plays and he didn't gain a yard, the Texans won something like two plays later.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Henne ends up better than Gabbert because Gabbert sucks. I wouldn't even be incredibly surprised if he ends up better than Tannehill, considering Tannehill has shown the same ability to not show up or even crumble at the exact same moments in a game that Henne did. But who cards, Henne sucked and it was time to move on, Matt Moore was clearly better than him last year and we didn't even give him much of a chance.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,222
    vCash:
    3236
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    Matt Ryan has thrown 3 int in the first quarter vs. Arizona.

    Please remind me of what Tannehill did vs Arizona.

    Uh huh.

    Also, Chad Henne is tearing up Houston.

    And most of these guys couldn't run him out of here fast enough.

    Tells me you guys don't know as much as you think.

    Let the coaches coach.

    Enjoy the game.
    Yep. We definately shouldve kept Henne. He will ball out every week. Thats what he does. The guy is probably on his way to the HOF. At least all pro the next few seasons and a Super Bowl or two. We really ****ed it all up. He is way better than Tannehill.

    And Matty Ice ****ing blows. He was so bad today. Henne and Tannehill are better than Matt Ryan. I mean seriously, FIVE ****ing ints. If he didnt have the greatest roster ever assembled he would look like total dog****. Put him on another team and he throws 5 Ints every week guaranteed. Definately glad we took Jake Long. Just wish we had kept Henne and not wound up with Tannehill.

    We dodged a bullet not getting Ryan though.

    Good points. Great ****ing thread man.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,222
    vCash:
    3236
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Im confused as to why this was directed at me if the point is that Tannehill is allowed to have bad games. Im not one of the morons suggesting he should be benched or that he will never be good. Wtf is the point of this?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    12,975
    vCash:
    4617
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Im confused as to why this was directed at me if the point is that Tannehill is allowed to have bad games. Im not one of the morons suggesting he should be benched or that he will never be good. Wtf is the point of this?
    Because sometimes people just don't know what the hell they're talking about so they have to call out a fan (or group of fans) to try make up for their lack of football knowledge. I mean who knew very good QBs couldn't have bad games and bad QB's could have good games? Who knew a young QB couldn't struggle during his rookie season?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    14,222
    vCash:
    3236
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Because sometimes people just don't know what the hell they're talking about so they have to call out a fan (or group of fans) to try make up for their lack of football knowledge. I mean who knew very good QBs couldn't have bad games and bad QB's could have good games? Who knew a young QB couldn't struggle during his rookie season?
    Its just pathetic.

    This guy claims he is simply stating that Henne is underrated and Ryan is overrated. OK. I mean, he could make that argument. And he could try and include some substance. Todays performances are a start. But, what does this have to do with me? He states later in the thread that he posted this because of me. And the title is "for those who think they know QBs".

    Well lets see. Matt Ryan played like dog**** today. Would you say Matt Ryan blows? I dont think so. Ive claimed all along he would be a beast in the league. So far for his career, he pretty much has been. I can prove that with substance. So how is "for those who think they know QBs" a fitting title? I mean, I was right about Matt Ryan was I not?

    As for Henne, I came to the conclusion in year 2 of his career that he blows. Today, Chad Henne was a beast. Is Chad Henne a good QB or does he blow? I still say he blows. He played great today, but over the course of his career he has blown. I can back that argument with substance. Seeing as I stated Chad Henne blows several years ago, it turns out I was right. So how is "for those who think they know QBs" a fitting title? I mean, I was right about Chad Henne was I not?

    Feel free to disagree and say that Henne is good and Ryan isnt. Id like to see someone make that argument.

    So if I was right all along, what the **** is the point of this thread?

    Now if you want to argue Ryan is overrated or Henne might be decent, go ahead. You will need a little more than one afternoon to back that up. Sure, you could make the argument. And suppose youre correct on those claims, how does it still make me wrong? I mean, no one in their right minds would argue Ryan blows. If you look at what he has accomplished, there arent too many teams that would turn him down. Do you really want to argue it wouldve been a bad move for us to draft Ryan instead of Long? Really?

    Go ahead and argue that Henne is underrated. Suppose youre right and Henne is decent. Does that make me wrong though? Would it still have been wise for us to keep moving forward with Henne and not draft a QB? Really? Think about what youre suggesting.

    The whole point is OP is making a stupid thread that has no ****ing point. If youre trying to say I was wrong on either count, well then good luck trying to make that argument. I dont know who thinks it wouldve been a bad move to draft Ryan or a smart move to resign Henne and start him while not drafting a QB.

    I just dont get why you have so much desire to try and make it about me. I wasnt wrong anyway so wtf is your point?

    And finally, what does this have to do with Tannehill. Again, Im not one of the people saying he is a bust or will never be good. I dont get it.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    7,949
    vCash:
    6080
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even though Ryan is made to look much better then he really is because of the talent around him, Ryan is still a good QB that is very smart.... doubt very much Ryan will have many games like today in his career.
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •