Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: For those who think they know about QBs

  1. -51
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,013
    vCash:
    21849
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    The point is that the most vocal detractors against Tannehill also hated Henne and think Matt Ryan can cure cancer. Lord forbid if Tannehill would throw 3 int in a quarter.
    See this is your problem. Youre wrong. That statement I bolded is incorrect.

    First of all, Im not a vocal detractor of Tannehill's. I honestly dont know what most of them felt about Henne or Matt Ryan. I know there are very few of us posters who were on the draft Matt Ryan bandwagon before that particular draft. I know there are quite a few people that post here now who realize he is a great player, but I dont think very many, if any, of them are Tannehill vocal detractors.

    As for Henne, I think a lot of the people who still supported him are too clueless to realize Ryan is good. So I dont think those people are in the same category. I also dont think all of the people who bashed Henne long before his last season with us are Tannehill detractors. Most of the people who bashed Henne before his 3rd season with us are pretty savy posters. Really almost everyone on the board hates Henne at this point and realizes he blows.

    Your perception of the board is way off.

    As for Matty Ice curing cancer, Im not sure about that. I wouldnt put it past him though. As for his QB play, obviously he was total dog**** today and was fortunate to have a team talented enough to still get a win. Over the long haul though, you can pretty much book these type of games being few and far between for Ryan, as he is of course one of the best QBs in the game.

    Henne had a great game today. Those games will be few and far between for him as he of course is hot garbage.

    Tannehill has played like dog**** now for 10 qtrs. Whether or not he is good or hot garbage remains to be seen. Too early to tell for me. I didnt see much of him in college personally because Im not one of those guys who "puts in the tape".

    But, I do indeed know QBs. I know Ryan is a beast, Chad Henne blows, and Im going to find out about Tannehill in due time. Lets see how he bounces back off these last few bad performances. He had a few good games for a while there. Now he has had some bad ones. We will find out about him.

    I mean it only took me 3 games to declare that John Beck blows. It takes different amounts of time with different players. A lot goes into it. It took a season and a half for me to declare Henne blows. It will take more than one good afternoon for him to prove otherwise. Tannehill has shown me too many impressive things for me to say he blows based off 10 really bad qtrs in a row. I already declared him to be my homeboy.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,774
    vCash:
    3636
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I didn't read through this entire thread but here is my view on it:

    I was a big time Chad Henne supporter. I still think he could salvage a respectable career in the NFL. He has a big time arm, he is beastly against the blitz and he's even building up better pocket awareness. He had to deal with Dan Henning, David Lee and the wildcat his first 2 years starting and then got hurt early in 2011 with a new OC that I thought could possibly get better results out of him. I would have liked to see him work with Coach Philbin however he needed a change of scenery more than anything else. I'm in the minority, and I'm not talking about the 12% African American, 10% Hispanic minority that is in this country, I'm talking about the <1% minority that didn't hate Chad Henne as a Dolphins fan.

    Matt Ryan . . . his team has the best record in the league, he has great numbers while we all want to trade away/cut/not resign Jake Long. I was in favor of the Long pick at the time but it is clear to me now that unless you have a SURE answer at QB, you need to keep picking them until you do. Matt Ryan has a big monkey on his back tho, he has the same amount of playoff wins as Chad Henne, and he has had a few chances . . . and unfortunately for him, that is what is defining him more than his regular season success. He'll have a chance this year to change that but you damn right if I could turn back the clocks I would have chosen Ryan, Rodgers and Brees.

    Ryan Tannehill has been terrible for the last 10 quarters. Skill positions or not, he has made boneheaded mistakes and hasn't made plays when he needed to. He has 9 games under his belt, and he has flashed signs of brilliance but he most certainly has shown where has limited QB experience. Being a Dolphins fan, I'm certainly not betting the house that Tannehill is "the answer" but I think he's a guy that deserves the opportunity to get more games under his belt and for the love of god get some better skill players around him to succeed.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Nawledge's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    4,895
    vCash:
    9277
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Yep. We definately shouldve kept Henne. He will ball out every week. Thats what he does. The guy is probably on his way to the HOF. At least all pro the next few seasons and a Super Bowl or two. We really ****ed it all up. He is way better than Tannehill.

    And Matty Ice ****ing blows. He was so bad today. Henne and Tannehill are better than Matt Ryan. I mean seriously, FIVE ****ing ints. If he didnt have the greatest roster ever assembled he would look like total dog****. Put him on another team and he throws 5 Ints every week guaranteed. Definately glad we took Jake Long. Just wish we had kept Henne and not wound up with Tannehill.

    We dodged a bullet not getting Ryan though.

    Good points. Great ****ing thread man.
    Dude I really don't get ur disturbing obsession with matt ryan...he's not all that great, he's a little above average to be honest. He's not even close to elite status. He's not even in the 2nd their level of qbs. Matt ryan is not as great as u make him out to be.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,613
    vCash:
    10476
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawledge View Post
    Dude I really don't get ur disturbing obsession with matt ryan...he's not all that great, he's a little above average to be honest. He's not even close to elite status. He's not even in the 2nd their level of qbs. Matt ryan is not as great as u make him out to be.








    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    Danny's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    10,296
    vCash:
    8611
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why oh why do we spend so much time talking about QB's on other teams? They are on other teams and we have our guy. I'm hoping he'll be the guy that takes us to the superbowl one day. Hard to believe some people are giving up on him already but that's another story. Any guy that we could have drafted but didn't doesn't matter at this point. We're not going to win any games cause we had a chance to draft Rodgers or Brees. The only players that matter are the ones on our team.Here's what I want for Christmas, a new GM!!

    Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    thefranchisedef's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    2,163
    vCash:
    2662
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Its just pathetic.

    This guy claims he is simply stating that Henne is underrated and Ryan is overrated. OK. I mean, he could make that argument. And he could try and include some substance. Todays performances are a start. But, what does this have to do with me? He states later in the thread that he posted this because of me. And the title is "for those who think they know QBs".

    Well lets see. Matt Ryan played like dog**** today. Would you say Matt Ryan blows? I dont think so. Ive claimed all along he would be a beast in the league. So far for his career, he pretty much has been. I can prove that with substance. So how is "for those who think they know QBs" a fitting title? I mean, I was right about Matt Ryan was I not?

    As for Henne, I came to the conclusion in year 2 of his career that he blows. Today, Chad Henne was a beast. Is Chad Henne a good QB or does he blow? I still say he blows. He played great today, but over the course of his career he has blown. I can back that argument with substance. Seeing as I stated Chad Henne blows several years ago, it turns out I was right. So how is "for those who think they know QBs" a fitting title? I mean, I was right about Chad Henne was I not?

    Feel free to disagree and say that Henne is good and Ryan isnt. Id like to see someone make that argument.

    So if I was right all along, what the **** is the point of this thread?

    Now if you want to argue Ryan is overrated or Henne might be decent, go ahead. You will need a little more than one afternoon to back that up. Sure, you could make the argument. And suppose youre correct on those claims, how does it still make me wrong? I mean, no one in their right minds would argue Ryan blows. If you look at what he has accomplished, there arent too many teams that would turn him down. Do you really want to argue it wouldve been a bad move for us to draft Ryan instead of Long? Really?

    Go ahead and argue that Henne is underrated. Suppose youre right and Henne is decent. Does that make me wrong though? Would it still have been wise for us to keep moving forward with Henne and not draft a QB? Really? Think about what youre suggesting.

    The whole point is OP is making a stupid thread that has no ****ing point. If youre trying to say I was wrong on either count, well then good luck trying to make that argument. I dont know who thinks it wouldve been a bad move to draft Ryan or a smart move to resign Henne and start him while not drafting a QB.

    I just dont get why you have so much desire to try and make it about me. I wasnt wrong anyway so wtf is your point?

    And finally, what does this have to do with Tannehill. Again, Im not one of the people saying he is a bust or will never be good. I dont get it.
    He definitely shouldn't make this thread about you. Even though you are biased for and against certain quarterbacks; ie Josh Freeman, RG3, and Matt Ryan, you still believe in your convictions whole heartedly.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    thefranchisedef's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    2,163
    vCash:
    2662
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I didn't read through this entire thread but here is my view on it:

    I was a big time Chad Henne supporter. I still think he could salvage a respectable career in the NFL. He has a big time arm, he is beastly against the blitz and he's even building up better pocket awareness. He had to deal with Dan Henning, David Lee and the wildcat his first 2 years starting and then got hurt early in 2011 with a new OC that I thought could possibly get better results out of him. I would have liked to see him work with Coach Philbin however he needed a change of scenery more than anything else. I'm in the minority, and I'm not talking about the 12% African American, 10% Hispanic minority that is in this country, I'm talking about the <1% minority that didn't hate Chad Henne as a Dolphins fan.

    Matt Ryan . . . his team has the best record in the league, he has great numbers while we all want to trade away/cut/not resign Jake Long. I was in favor of the Long pick at the time but it is clear to me now that unless you have a SURE answer at QB, you need to keep picking them until you do. Matt Ryan has a big monkey on his back tho, he has the same amount of playoff wins as Chad Henne, and he has had a few chances . . . and unfortunately for him, that is what is defining him more than his regular season success. He'll have a chance this year to change that but you damn right if I could turn back the clocks I would have chosen Ryan, Rodgers and Brees.

    Ryan Tannehill has been terrible for the last 10 quarters. Skill positions or not, he has made boneheaded mistakes and hasn't made plays when he needed to. He has 9 games under his belt, and he has flashed signs of brilliance but he most certainly has shown where has limited QB experience. Being a Dolphins fan, I'm certainly not betting the house that Tannehill is "the answer" but I think he's a guy that deserves the opportunity to get more games under his belt and for the love of god get some better skill players around him to succeed.
    Lol.. Ryan Tannehill was not the problem the past 10 quarters. He drove us down and scored in the 4th quarter to make it a one score game. He threw a pretty damn good pass to bess that bess didn't even try to locate. All Bess had to do was extend his hands. It's pretty bad when a quarterback has to force a 5'10 slow receiver the ball downfield. The last pass wasn't good but what other choice did he have? To point the finger at Tannehill when he has been put in every single bad situation the last 3 weeks is unwarranted. Just look at the difference Vincent Jackson has meant to Josh Freeman, and look at the dolphins since Anthony Armstrong (Miami's only deep threat option) was released. Defenses don't have to worry about anything over the top. OUR FASTEST RECEIVER RUNS A 4.5; ENOUGH SAID!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,871
    vCash:
    20788
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by thefranchisedef View Post
    Lol.. Ryan Tannehill was not the problem the past 10 quarters. He drove us down and scored in the 4th quarter to make it a one score game. He threw a pretty damn good pass to bess that bess didn't even try to locate. All Bess had to do was extend his hands. It's pretty bad when a quarterback has to force a 5'10 slow receiver the ball downfield. The last pass wasn't good but what other choice did he have? To point the finger at Tannehill when he has been put in every single bad situation the last 3 weeks is unwarranted. Just look at the difference Vincent Jackson has meant to Josh Freeman, and look at the dolphins since Anthony Armstrong (Miami's only deep threat option) was released. Defenses don't have to worry about anything over the top. OUR FASTEST RECEIVER RUNS A 4.5; ENOUGH SAID!
    He didn't have to force anything. It was 1st down with plenty of time to hit sideline routes. Instead he, as you point out yourself, forces a ball to a double covered, slow receiver in the middle of the field. I'm less concerned with the fact that it was a horrible throw than I am about the decision to throw it in the first place. Hit someone on the sidelines or get out of the pocket and throw the ball away. He needs to start using his mobility more. It's being wasted, but that's another issue entirely. Regarding the much bigger issue, his decision-making the past few games has been horrible. Yes, the WRs suck, but that's not something that happened mid-season. He was making smarter decisions before and he's regressed in the past few games. His accuracy has also regressed a bit, but I think that is tied into his decision-making as well.

    Not sure why people think they can't criticize Tannehill AND still think he has a chance to be a very good QB. People don't need to make excuses for him. I have no doubt he sees his deficiencies and is working on them in practice. That's what good, developing QBs do. The ****ty ones point fingers at the lack of talent around them.





    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,774
    vCash:
    3636
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    He didn't have to force anything. It was 1st down with plenty of time to hit sideline routes. Instead he, as you point out yourself, forces a ball to a double covered, slow receiver in the middle of the field. I'm less concerned with the fact that it was a horrible throw than I am about the decision to throw it in the first place. Hit someone on the sidelines or get out of the pocket and throw the ball away. He needs to start using his mobility more. It's being wasted, but that's another issue entirely. Regarding the much bigger issue, his decision-making the past few games has been horrible. Yes, the WRs suck, but that's not something that happened mid-season. He was making smarter decisions before and he's regressed in the past few games. His accuracy has also regressed a bit, but I think that is tied into his decision-making as well.

    Not sure why people think they can't criticize Tannehill AND still think he has a chance to be a very good QB. People don't need to make excuses for him. I have no doubt he sees his deficiencies and is working on them in practice. That's what good, developing QBs do. The ****ty ones point fingers at the lack of talent around them.
    Pretty much my thoughts on it as well. I like Tannehill, but he definitely has made some what of a regression since the knee injury and that is pretty clear. We all know how limited his weapons arsenal is but he just has made some real poor mistakes the last 10 quarters or so.

    Finding out what Tannehill is made of is the most important thing this season. I certainly expected struggles and 6 TD's and 11 INT's in 9 games certainly shows that . . . but I also realize he isn't nearly as "seasoned" at QB as some of his counterparts and certainly lacks at key skill positions that would obviously aid with his progression. This is a patience thing, but being critical of him is certainly not off the table and the kid has played rather ****ty the past 2 games.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,930
    vCash:
    7594
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawledge View Post
    Dude I really don't get ur disturbing obsession with matt ryan...he's not all that great, he's a little above average to be honest. He's not even close to elite status. He's not even in the 2nd their level of qbs. Matt ryan is not as great as u make him out to be.
    I don't know about all this but Matt Ryan certainly isn't a Dolphin so I've moved on.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •