Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need a bigtime Runningback

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We are blocking very poorly so it wont matter
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    If "my plan" as you put it is not put into place then Tannehill will fail as a qb...its funny the examples you use of Foster and Gore...neither was a high pick and not really considered a "can't miss" guy. Get more athletic on the perimeter and at guard. I betcha the current admin is lining up ThomaS and Miller to be the guys next year. Positions like wr de and cb is where it is at.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If that is the answer, then the same argument could be made about the QB position.

Teams are stacking the box, because they want Tannehill to throw.

That's why we're coming up short in the running game.

d-1

Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    IMO we are NOT set at runningback. Bush is not the answer, neither is Thomas and Miller is unproven. A Q.B.s best friend is a running game and we don't have one. Before the Cowboys drafted Emmit Smith their o-line was not highly though of. Bring in Smith and suddenly the o-line is elite. We need a Doug Martin type of guy. With our first pick we go wide reciever or runningback. If there is a super stud reciever with our first pick grab him. Our next pick based on that scenario should be a kickass runningback. What runningback could we get in free agency? I don't care if we draft one or get one in free agency it's clear that if we are to build around Tannehill we must land an elite runningback. Give Tanny some weapons and he will be great! Playaction only works when the runner is feared and our group isn't scareing anybody. Our biggest need is reciever. After that bring in a killer runnigback. Suddenly our offense will be looking alot better.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Finatical Finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    If that is the answer, then the same argument could be made about the QB position.

Teams are stacking the box, because they want Tannehill to throw.

That's why we're coming up short in the running game.

d-1
    Lmao....they want RT to throw because he has no one to throw to. !! It really is so freaking obvious....if you don't have an agenda.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most recent SB winners were lower tier running teams. In fact the Giants were dead LAST. While it's necessary to be able to run, this is a passing league, and RB's can be found in later rounds. Also, I thought we "stole" Miller in the 4th. Give the guy a shot with Thomas. Besides, we can't run now because teams have no reason to respect our offense beyond 8-10 yards as we have no deep threat whether on the sidelines or in the seam. Throw in the fact that we are a zone blocking team with guys on the OL that have very little mobility (save Pouncey). Won't get into the fact that they can't pass block either, but it's too depressing to talk about.

Bottom line is we need multiple game breaking threats at WR, TE and even slot (Bess is no threat). Besides CB, all top picks should be spent on friggen playmakers on O.

Oh, and please Ross....PLEASE don't let Ireland make those picks. Guy couldn't find a playmaker if his life depended on it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Foster went undrafted, Gore was a 3rd rounder and the muscle hamster was a #1. We both want to see the team play better and a verticle threat has to happen first. I guess I'm just not sold on Thomas. I really like Miller but we've seen so little of him. Do we keep Bush and use him like New Orleans did? I just wish we could land a Doug Martin type guy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    If "my plan" as you put it is not put into place then Tannehill will fail as a qb...its funny the examples you use of Foster and Gore...neither was a high pick and not really considered a "can't miss" guy. Get more athletic on the perimeter and at guard. I betcha the current admin is lining up ThomaS and Miller to be the guys next year. Positions like wr de and cb is where it is at.
    I would agree with this but I also think a guy who could be had in 2nd or 3rd round if you can find a Ray Rice type that is what I am thinking. A compact thumper who can play all 3 downs would certainly upgrade the offense.

Ultimately, If I could have a 6-3/6-4 WR with some speed and catchability and smarts and a big TE in Eifert, I think that takes a lot of pressure Off Tannehill. I like your thoughts on the G spot. Jerry isnt lighting it up and you always have to keep your Oline moving into the future.

BIG WR
    Big TE
    Ray Rice type RB and you have a full deck IMO minus OL
    You could easily find that in this upcoming draft IMO with how we are situated.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As inconsistant as Marshall was, he opened up the running game. With a big time receiver who can get open & then stretch the field, then the running game will improve. Bush got over 1000 yards last year. ar with a genuine number 1 receiver, he could, or Miller, do that next yeear.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On board with 54. A Ray Rice type would be awesome. I think he was a second round pick for the Ravens.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Doug Martin is having a great year no doubt. That said, do any of you remember that prior to concerns about his shoulder Lamar Miller was considered the second best back in the draft behind Richardson and ahead of Martin. Lamar Miller is our answer. His learning curve has been slow and that has kept him off the field but once he learns the offense and his assignments I have little doubt in his ability to be a stud. Think Bush, only faster, more decisive and with 20 extra pounds.
    Quote Quote