Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is CB Achid Talib not a Dolphin?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player Why is CB Achid Talib not a Dolphin?

Damn, this chafes my hyde! Seeing an all-pro corner, picked up off the street by the Patriots (the rich get richer) while Miami's best CB is a ****ing bum.
    This is why the stadium is empty. It's obvious that Miami has other priorities than winning football games. A team that wants to win football games don't leave any stone unturned in acquiring the best talent possible. Screw 'character'. Letting Brandon Marshall walk for peanuts was the kind of decision that sets your franchise back years. We are severely deficient in talent in the secondary and we're not going after all-pro cornerbacks?

WTF, man!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't think Philbin wants guys with drama backgrounds and Talib has his share. This one does hurt a bit as the Patriots have zero to lose here. They give up a 4th for a 7th. If they lose him in the off season they will get a compensatory pick per Adam Schefter and may actually be ahead of the game. I hope at some point living clean leads to good karma for the Dolphins. Watching Marshall has been rough this year given our WR lot. God knows we need CB help big time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He makes plays, we don't like those around here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    heh heh. we don't take kindly to pick-sixes 'round these parts.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    took the wrds right outta my mouth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    screw talent.

get as many choir boys as you can find and have them go door to door
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJack View Post
    Don't think Philbin wants guys with drama backgrounds and Talib has his share. This one does hurt a bit as the Patriots have zero to lose here. They give up a 4th for a 7th. If they lose him in the off season they will get a compensatory pick per Adam Schefter and may actually be ahead of the game. I hope at some point living clean leads to good karma for the Dolphins. Watching Marshall has been rough this year given our WR lot. God knows we need CB help big time.
    imo thats whats wrong now worried about there damn drama bk grounds ,as long as they stay out of trouble then leave them the hell alone, and LET THEM PLAY BALL,if we worrie more about them being drama free than we are about playin football then we need to be runnin a damn rehab class instead of bein a football team, imo we need to play ball and NOT WORRIE ABOUT THE BK GROUNDS AS MUCH. I DONT CARE IF OUR WHOLE TEAM IS DRAMA , I WANT A DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP BK IN SOUTH FLORIDA ..PERIOD.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    screw talent.

get as many choir boys as you can find and have them go door to door
    <<<-------------------this
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    We arent one CB away from winning it all or even making a run at it. You dont trade for potential problem players like this when you arent the type of team to be in position to do so. The Pats could afford to gamble on this guy. They desperately needed a CB and had a team environment already in place that could handle him. It was a good fit for them.

Funny though that the Colts traded a 2nd for a bum like Vontae while the Pats get Talib for a 4th.

But, you guys definately wont give Ireland any credit for getting more value out of a much lesser talent. Talib is a far superior player to Vontae. Both have their personal issues and yet we got more in trade value.

If the phins had a more solid veteran group that had already established themselves as regular contenders for the last few years, the staff had been here for a while already, and our record was something like 5-2 a few weeks ago, then trading for Talib wouldve been a clever move.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    WV said what I wanted to say. He's not going to turn this group into a legitimate contender, so why bring the drama? This guy has major, major mental issues. If this coaching staff didn't want to deal with Vontae, no chance they'd want this guy long term.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote