Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why does Tannehill only have 6 td's?

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    I'm going on a limb here and point out something not mentioned in this thread.. how about PLAYCALLING!

How about getting a little more creative Mr. Sherman!
    That has a lot to do with it. His play calling is mediocre between the 20's but just plain awful inside the red zone. We don't have a big smash mouth running back yet we continue to try to pound the ball. When he does call a pass it's usually pretty vanilla and easily defended.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AZStryker View Post
    That has a lot to do with it. His play calling is mediocre between the 20's but just plain awful inside the red zone. We don't have a big smash mouth running back yet we continue to try to pound the ball. When he does call a pass it's usually pretty vanilla and easily defended.
    Absolutely... do people remember when we had the "no name defense?" sometimes it's about scheming, and play calling to your players strengths, instead of getting your roster to fit the scheme. That's what great coaches do, put their players in a position with a chance to win. The GM builds the roster, the coaches, enables them to succeed. That's what Denver did with Tebow, and the Jets are to dumb to get. and perhaps us.. because there are many players on our roster people want to see, but they don't "practice well.'

We can talk about talent. It's not going to change this week, next week, or next month. The only area that can be adjusted in order to produce wins is coaching and scheming.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianfishfan View Post
    Absolutely... do people remember when we had the "no name defense?" sometimes it's about scheming, and play calling to your players strengths, instead of getting your roster to fit the scheme. That's what great coaches do, put their players in a position with a chance to win. The GM builds the roster, the coaches, enables them to succeed. That's what Denver did with Tebow, and the Jets are to dumb to get. and perhaps us.. because there are many players on our roster people want to see, but they don't "practice well.'

We can talk about talent. It's not going to change this week, next week, or next month. The only area that can be adjusted in order to produce wins is coaching and scheming.
    Unfortunately that hasn't changed much the whole season. We just keep running the same old plays over and over and are shocked when the opponents blow it up. That's the biggest reason we've lost the past three. We are predictable and way too easy to defend. I don't know how much of that falls on Philbin or if it's mainly Sherman.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is handcuffed in the redzone... We run more in the redzone it seems.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly i think we are in the red zone for 4 quarters. We do not have a wr that can crack the top level of the defense and get behind coverage. We don't have that burner on the edge that makes defenses drop the safetys on the back end. This forces us into the dink and dunk offense we have been using since henne was here and everybody crowded the line again the r and r express.(aka check down chad syndrome) Defenses crowd the line against this offense because they know they can compress the field. Opposing db's know they only have to cover 15 to 20 yards. This means there is a huge chuck of the field they do not have to defend. The opposing defense is free to blitz and load up against the running game because they know we can't hurt them deep.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    No Justin Blackmon. But we did give away Brandon Marshall, and Wes Welker. We still have Michael Egnew!!
    Point is the Dude has missed some Throws, and where is the scramble? How about a screen to Bush. What about Marlon Moore?
    Good QB's make Plays! I still think Tannehill is going to be good. We blew 2 games because of not making plays. Winning fixes everything. Hartline was all world just a few weeks ago man! This is the team we got, and we all know they could have a better record. Excuses are for sissies. 10 Games in he should have more then 6 TD passes. Bottom Line.
    Sitting on the fence is for sissises too...
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why does Tannehill only have 6 td's?

I know Finheaven loves to blame the coaches and not the players but I just think they're dealing with the cards they've been dealt. We have a rookie QB and limited offensive weapons. Please tell me folks here aren't looking for Sherman to open it up. That could get even worse. This offense should probably slow things down and get more conservative.
    Please don't look dumb by predicting a 30+ point week for the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Ryan had 5 ints.

Yet ATL still won, know why?

ATL has playmakers.
    More accurately, Atlanta didn't win Arizona lost it. It wasn't because Atlanta has playmakers, which they do, it was because Arizona does NOT have a quarterback.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    I know Finheaven loves to blame the coaches and not the players but I just think they're dealing with the cards they've been dealt. We have a rookie QB and limited offensive weapons. Please tell me folks here aren't looking for Sherman to open it up. That could get even worse. This offense should probably slow things down and get more conservative.
    We're not going to win any of the remaining games with this conservative offense. So if we're going down, wouldn't you rather go down swinging? A 14 point loss isn't any different than a 3 point loss. Plus, who knows, we might actually elevate our game due to the creativity and start to win again.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
    More accurately, Atlanta didn't win Arizona lost it. It wasn't because Atlanta has playmakers, which they do, it was because Arizona does NOT have a quarterback.
    But that Lindell guy looks legit.. just kidding.. I don't even know if I spelled his name correctly, but god he was garbage.
    Quote Quote