Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it time to put Martin at LT ?

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    jake long will be on our roster next year. No way they just let him walk< he is still way better than most LTs in the league even while struggling. It would set us WAY back to have to go out and spend ANOTHER high pick on a OT and hope he turns out to be half as good as jake[QUOTE imo we done have a LT on the team in Martin and he blocked the left side (blind side ) for andrew luck in college and if Long wants big money then we let him walk and put Martin bk at his org poss , and imo he will do as good of a job as Long did.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

you guys act like jake cant cut it anymore as a OT, he is still one of the better OTs in the league, you dont move a OT to guard until they are washed up at OT. Jake is still a good OT

give him time to adjust to a totally differnt o-line scheme than he has ever played.
    imo the last couple of games jake has gotten owned.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 13 View Post
    Letting long go is stupid. Replacing him with Martin is even dumber. Why people want to run long out of town while replacing him with a mediocre rookie is beyond me
    WOW !!!!! Martin is playin out of possion , and please i hope you are NOT JUDGING HIM FROM PLAYIN ON THE RT side ?im tellin you that Martin is as good of a LT as the game will have , he was playin LT for andrew luck at stanford and done a hell of a job. but please dont judge him from playin an out of poss spot where he is still tryin to adjust to.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watching Long and Martin over the past few games, anyone championing the latter is out of their mind.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LT suits Martin's skill set better than RT. They are different positions. Martin has nimble feet and is smart. There have always been questions about Long's ability to play on the left.
    I would like to see Martin on the left to see how he does. Long may actually be a pretty good RT at this point in his career.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they are thinking of letting Jake walk after this season, yes they should try Martin starting LT.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYinBostonFin View Post
    If they are thinking of letting Jake walk after this season, yes they should try Martin starting LT.
    i was thinking of this as well.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trockthespot View Post
    Yeah throw away a multiple pro bowler for a few bad games...talk about over reacting...JL will get it together
    Do you watch games??????? Jake Long has been abused by speedy pass rushers since his first year on the NFL, problem is lots of teams have one on this days. For the money he is making we could have 3 SOLID starters better as his position than he currently is; that is the main reason I would throw away an OVERRATED, EXPENSIVE and DECLINING multiple probowler!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    LT suits Martin's skill set better than RT. They are different positions. Martin has nimble feet and is smart. There have always been questions about Long's ability to play on the left.
    I would like to see Martin on the left to see how he does. Long may actually be a pretty good RT at this point in his career.
    The sad thing is, and it's nuts to think, but switching Long and Martin might actually be a great idea simply because of the ZBS scheme and their individual skillsets. It would never happen, though.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can be sure the Dolphins have a plan with Jake but we don't know that plan. For that reason, for me, it is too specific a question. My guess would be no you leave him where he is. I think they are likely keeping Jake Long so there is no point in messing around there.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote