Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it time to put Martin at LT ?

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't understand if Jl is struggling as a Lt why not try him at a guard spot and move Martin to lt if the season looks bleak towards the end. Just my 2 cents
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Go DOLPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we let Long walk, do we get a compensatory pick? Since he was first overall, wouldn't it be a late 2nd or high 3rd round pick?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petefins View Post
    If we let Long walk, do we get a compensatory pick? Since he was first overall, wouldn't it be a late 2nd or high 3rd round pick?
    No, for several reasons.

Compensatory Selections are, at the highest, the very bottom of the 3rd round. Also, the draft position of the player who is lost has nothing to do with the formula for comp picks
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    Am I the only one who watched Jonathon Martin get ****ing owned last week?
    You do realize that Martin was a LT in college. It's not that easy to switch from the left to right side.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jake long will be on our roster next year. No way they just let him walk< he is still way better than most LTs in the league even while struggling. It would set us WAY back to have to go out and spend ANOTHER high pick on a OT and hope he turns out to be half as good as jake

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuturePhin View Post
    I don't understand if Jl is struggling as a Lt why not try him at a guard spot and move Martin to lt if the season looks bleak towards the end. Just my 2 cents
    you guys act like jake cant cut it anymore as a OT, he is still one of the better OTs in the league, you dont move a OT to guard until they are washed up at OT. Jake is still a good OT

give him time to adjust to a totally differnt o-line scheme than he has ever played.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Letting long go is stupid. Replacing him with Martin is even dumber. Why people want to run long out of town while replacing him with a mediocre rookie is beyond me
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    he is still way better than most LTs in the league even while struggling. It would set us WAY back to have to go out and spend ANOTHER high pick on a OT and hope he turns out to be half as good as jake

you guys act like jake cant cut it anymore as a OT, he is still one of the better OTs in the league, you dont move a OT to guard until they are washed up at OT. Jake is still a good OT

give him time to adjust to a totally differnt o-line scheme than he has ever played.
    Jake was one of the best. Right now he is god awful and has been abused for more games than he hasn't. ZBS may be part of the problem, but he's getting killed in pass pro one on one, which will be there regardless of style. Unless he show drastic improvement, we would be nuts to sign him to anything significant if at all. I'm dreading what he looks like against Seattle's speed rushers, but this Sunday's game might be his worst yet.

Truly hope I'm wrong, but don't think he will magically show huge improvement. I think injuries have taken away his brute strength and slowed his feet.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Martin isn't ready to play RT never mind LT
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

is it time to put Martin at LT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Phibes View Post
    Martin isn't ready to play RT never mind LT
    tell ya what Doc… which hand is your 'friendly' one? K, ready? Now, after all your lifetime, for the next YEAR, you can only use your off hand to get off. that's what it's been like for Martin. it's trying to learn to waltz, only now… you're going backwards, wearing a dress!

I would love to see Martin in his natural position… Luck was sacked on 24x in his 3yrs as Cardinal starting LT… 24 sacks total! By the entire line. Watched this kid at Harvard Westlake, here in Cali… he was a Top 50 recruit when Stanford got him… damn glad we got him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFinsJC View Post
    I mean, Martin hasn't been much better to be honest. I am very concerned for Long and Martin against Seattle's speed-rushers.
    come on bro, JM is a ROOKIE LEARNING A NEW POSSION and imo IS OUT OF PLACE BUT HE IS TRYING TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT, IMO if and thats a BIG IF Jake Long is sent packing ,then i think that JM will be moved bk to his org poss at LT , because its harder to find a LT more the less to find a RT , so i say if need be we have our LT in JM , just if we need be.

Quote Quote