Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember this name... ELIOT WOLF our next GM

1. -11
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So my dad is a esteemed now -retired city administrator does that mean I am as good, because I am the fruit of his loins?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PERFECTSEASON13 View Post
    he's 30, lol pretty young but how s#$^^y would it be to miss out on him and him go on somewhere and build a champion. we missed out on brees twice! i dont know if i could deal with that again.
    Actually it might now be a bad idea. I mean the pros would be that he is young and likely firey. Given his youth I would assume that he is in touch with what the current nfl is and that is high powered passing offense. Negative would be is that he isnt as experienced in player negotiations and contracts. I wouldnt mind taking a flyer on him
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland is married to the Tannehill pick. He will not be fired this offseason, IMO. By picking Tannehill, he set himself up for at least another 3 years.

And the next GM in MIA will not be some outsider, it will be KING CARL. You people crack me up here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Ireland is married to the Tannehill pick. He will not be fired this offseason, IMO. By picking Tannehill, he set himself up for at least another 3 years.

And the next GM in MIA will not be some outsider, it will be KING CARL. You people crack me up here.
    I doubt it. I think Philbin is more married to Tannehill than Ireland is. Ireland definitely is not guaranteed anything. If we have a miserably losing season this year, Tannehill does not secure his job as Irelands past is attached to him and is also stronger than the Tannehill pick. And IMO King Carl would do a better job than Ireland could, although I am not saying I want Peterson. IMO if Tannehill is fired it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Philbin gets much more personnel control.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I doubt it. I think Philbin is more married to Tannehill than Ireland is. Ireland definitely is not guaranteed anything. If we have a miserably losing season this year, Tannehill does not secure his job as Irelands past is attached to him and is also stronger than the Tannehill pick. And IMO King Carl would do a better job than Ireland could, although I am not saying I want Peterson. IMO if Tannehill is fired it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Philbin gets much more personnel control.
    Depends. If Ross understood this would be a rebuilding season with a young inexperienced rookie QB, than Ireland stays put. If he expected playoffs and the SB like people here, then he will be fired.

And if you would be happy with Carl Peterson, than you people are in for a rude awakening. I know what Carl is capable of, and know that his success was over 20 years ago. You know the devil in charge now, becareful of the devil you don't know.

KC Chief fans are grinning right now at the thought of someone thinking King Carl would be a upgrade over anyone.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'll keep Jeff Ireland over Carl Peterson, thanks. Jeff Ireland is a bad GM, but at least there's a possibility that he can improve. Carl Peterson... not so much.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Depends. If Ross understood this would be a rebuilding season with a young inexperienced rookie QB, than Ireland stays put. If he expected playoffs and the SB like people here, then he will be fired.

And if you would be happy with Carl Peterson, than you people are in for a rude awakening. I know what Carl is capable of, and know that his success was over 20 years ago. You know the devil in charge now, becareful of the devil you don't know.

KC Chief fans are grinning right now at the thought of someone thinking King Carl would be a upgrade over anyone.
    Honestly if Ross was expecting a rebuilding year why was Ireland retained? He played a significant role in making this mess. He may tie his caboose to Ireland, but i think the stadium is just going to get emptier and emptier. For the record if Ireland is fired, i dont want Carl either. i'd like to see someone who has been working for Ted Thompson for a few years work with Philbin.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MRPRESIDENT50 View Post
    Everybody in the Dolphin's organization expected this to be a rebuilding year. The fact that the team got off to a surprisingly well start was a bonus. I believe we may actually end where we were projected to end. As much as I want Ireland gone (for ignoring impact positions of need for so long), I think he'll be around for another year or two.
    If he retains Ireland if we go 6-10 or 7-9 again, good luck getting people to buy tickets Mr. Ross.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Remember this name... ELIOT WOLF our next GM

Quote Originally Posted by TheJetsBlow
    I had suggested Wolf a couple of weeks ago. He sounds like he'd be a good hire.
    get in line bro… several of us have been jocking Eliot for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox
    I am starting to have the "Anyone but Ireland" feeling.
    starting? Starting?!!

Quote Originally Posted by revkev
    So my dad is a esteemed now -retired city administrator does that mean I am as good, because I am the fruit of his loins?
    Fruit of the Loins… I used to wear those! seriously, Wolf may be young, but he's been working for the Pack 20yrs; in-between he graduated from The U in 3yrs… and is said to love SoFla. just sayin
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfish41 View Post
    Honestly if Ross was expecting a rebuilding year why was Ireland retained? He played a significant role in making this mess. He may tie his caboose to Ireland, but i think the stadium is just going to get emptier and emptier. For the record if Ireland is fired, i dont want Carl either. i'd like to see someone who has been working for Ted Thompson for a few years work with Philbin.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

If he retains Ireland if we go 6-10 or 7-9 again, good luck getting people to buy tickets Mr. Ross.

Again, if Ross believed as you and many others here, that this team w/ a young rookie QB could make the playoffs and SB....Ireland will be fired. If Ross believed as I and some others here, that this was a 2 to 4 year rebuild, he will be retained.

Once Tannehill was selected, Irelands tenure with the team was attached to Tannehills success or lack there of. And that success will not be judged on Tannehills rookie year. IMO, Ross will not make a snap judgement. He will either stay with the guy he put in charge prior to the season or if worse comes to worse, go with a guy he has history with and has had some success in the NFL.

Becareful what you wish for. If Ireland is gone, King Carl will be in. And then you and many others like you, will be bitching for the next 10 years.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johngarry View Post
    get in line bro… several of us have been jocking Eliot for over a year now.

starting? Starting?!!

Fruit of the Loins… I used to wear those! seriously, Wolf may be young, but he's been working for the Pack 20yrs; in-between he graduated from The U in 3yrs… and is said to love SoFla. just sayin

Why not root for Bill Polian and his son? This is what happens to a starved fan base. They will reach for any straw, even one's that have no track record.
    Quote Quote