Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am legitimately worried for the health of Tannehill when we play the Niners...

1. -11
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    It is going to be ugly the next three weeks. The wheels are going to fall off as we will have lost 6 in a row going into the Chad Henne Bowl. Things change really fast in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    DRAGONBORN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hallandale, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now would be a good time to see what Pat Devlin is made of IMO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    heck, my biggest question is... does new England lay up more points on us than the jax game?
    I can see Brady putting up a 50 burger on the Dolphins' secondary.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One thing that could help would be to run some screens but the problem is we never call any.A reverse also works sometimes to slow the pass rush but we don't have much speed to run a reverse(thanks JI)having a good running game helps sometimes but we don't have one either.People are going to say that Fasano sucks and doesn't catch any passes but how can he when he needs to stay in to block? Trow to the RB's in the flat? Same answer. The oline can't block 4 guys so they need to keep people in to block.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: I am legitimately worried for the health of Tannehill when we play the Niners...

We are going to be obliterated by the 49ers
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    We are going to be obliterated by the 49ers
    logic would dictate that, and there deff is a very good chance we r.

the only thing is, despite how dominant the 49ers were last night, and how dominant there defense is in general, they have struggled vs offenses such as the vikings this year, and last week they allowed the rams to get i believe 400 yds of offense.

the 49ers have a stout defense, no one can deny that, but every week is different in the nfl, and anything can happen.

usually in the nfl, whatever seems so predictable ends up turning out the total opposite, such as this past week the jaguars and chad henne of all ppl go into houston vs a top defense and make them look like a bottom defense. thats what makes this league great, u never know what will happen week to week.

regardless, decent chance this game means nothing to fins anyway, unless we beat seattle and pats back to back
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: I am legitimately worried for the health of Tannehill when we play the Niners...

But look beyond the D. Look how many types of offensive plays they ran last night with their backup qb. Even their running game tore the Bears apart. And the Bears have a damn good D!

Even if Hartline and Bess can get something going the 49ers will put plenty points on the board I just dont see how we can keep up even if we play at our very best. It all boils down to a lack of talent.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    But look beyond the D. Look how many types of offensive plays they ran last night with their backup qb. Even their running game tore the Bears apart. And the Bears have a damn good D!

Even if Hartline and Bess can get something going the 49ers will put plenty points on the board I just dont see how we can keep up even if we play at our very best. It all boils down to a lack of talent.
    they deff will be the favorite by a lot and rightfully so, and i do not think we will win, but just saying how weird the nfl is, strange things happen.

3 weeks ago, the vaunted bears defense goes into tenn and puts up a dominating performance, then that same tenn offense that looked like a high school offense comes into miami vs a defense that had been doing farily well and looked like a top offense, and than this week that same bear defense that dominated the titans 2 weeks ago in tenn gets lit up by a back up qb making his 1st career nfl start. and the 49ers who may very well have the best defense in the nfl and looked like it lastnight, just a week ago they allowed the lowly rams offense to come into candlestick and look like the greatest show on turf rams.

anything can happen in the nfl week to week. i do think if alex smith starts our chances at victory would be a lot stronger than if kapernack starts. kapernack is the better qb.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can beat SF. We have a shot against anyone who doesn't have a top-tier QB. I personally don't think our OLine is anywhere near as bad as finheaven seems to believe: 13th fewest sacks in the NFL even with a one-dimensional crap offense (why wouldn't you load the box against the phins?) led by a rookie QB whose pocket presence/movement is not very good. But hey, we'll be tested by some good fronts of Seattle and SF and have to step up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Jason Campbell helped the Chicago DL look like world beaters. He's a lousy QB, much like buttfumble, who holds the ball too long and throws late and short because he doesn't read defenses very well. He can look competent against crappy Ds but against good ones, he gets exposed and you get ...well ... you get what the Bears got last night. If Cutler was in there, it would have been a decent game.

Tannehill is a little better than Campbell, but being a rookie, yeah, he's probably gonna get used and abused.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote