Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Will Jeff Ireland Get The Boot Before The Draft?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Likely

92 37.10%
  • Unlikely

127 51.21%
  • Unsure

29 11.69%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Ireland's Fate...(POLL)

1. -11
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Ive never heard roos even speak of ireland in a negative tone. I have a hard time believing he is gone before the draft.
    almost as hard of a time as i have believing that fans give us 0%. Chance of winning games the rest of the year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Very unlikely imo. I know how much you guys hate him, but seriously, when you consider Stephen Ross and our teams current circumstances, it seems very unlikely Ireland would be fired.

There will another thread just like this next month, and another thread listing all of Ireland's "busts", and we will have the exact same conversation and come to the exact same conclusion....
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would hope that if they fire Ireland they have a succession plan already in place and don't handle it like the coaching debacle of 2010.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would be the best for the team to get a new GM, let Philbin be in on the choice and let both of them know that their jobs are entwined and they have a 3 year window to be back to real relevance. Having said that, by his words to date I'm guessing Ross will give Ireland this offseason with the extra picks and big salary cap space to prove his worth. My prediction is that he won't do great, but he won't do horrible and this debate will continue into next season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    It would be worth investing losing the rest of the season to get rid of him.
    That would only depend on who we replace him with. We've not had a lot of fortune in picking GMs, especially when you consider we passed on Ted Thompson (recommended to us by Ron Wolf and we didn't hire him) and Jerry Reese for none other than Rick Spielman in 2004. We also interviewed Randy Mueller during that process who we hired and ran the 2007 draft that got us Ted Ginn. Spielman, Mueller and now Ireland...can't say that string of GMs gives me confidence we'll get it right.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What I'm worry about is this, we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and we don't know when that will happen again. We have a real chance to add players and I mean playmakers to our team and I believe that Ireland might mess that up. It also seems as we'll have a lot of cap space and I wonder how many good players wants to play for Ireland. But lets just say they all do, is he going to mess that up too? His track record doesn't look very good in free agency either. Sure he's hit on a player here and there but I don't trust him with the cap or the draft. The irony is that you'd think Ross would have gotten rid of him already when you consider that he wants to please the fans and most of the fans want Ireland gone.Which brings me to this, for the ones that want him to stay, most people want him gone and the facts are on our side. You can try to excuse him all you want but the bottom line is that since he's been here we've had 1 winning season thanks to Penny falling right on our laps. Other than that it's been one big failure. Nothing Ireland has done has worked so far.I, like most people believe that it's time for Ross to let someone else try to make things work.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    Ive never heard roos even speak of ireland in a negative tone. I have a hard time believing he is gone before the draft.
    almost as hard of a time as i have believing that fans give us 0%. Chance of winning games the rest of the year.
    You never heard Ross speak of Sparano in a negative tone until he fired him, either.

And I thought Ross said something significant when asked if Ireland's job was safe and he answered by saying he'll evaluate that every year. He then went on to heap praise on Jeff Ireland, but it was totally on the basis of the theory that Ireland has filled the team with good talent that could make the playoffs. You've got to read between the lines here...if you have a thesis for why a guy's job is safe and that thesis turns out to be obviously wrong...suddenly you don't have a reason to keep the guy anymore.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Based on history...No...He will be back and the fanbase will continue to suffer.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    That would only depend on who we replace him with. We've not had a lot of fortune in picking GMs, especially when you consider we passed on Ted Thompson (recommended to us by Ron Wolf and we didn't hire him) and Jerry Reese for none other than Rick Spielman in 2004. We also interviewed Randy Mueller during that process who we hired and ran the 2007 draft that got us Ted Ginn. Spielman, Mueller and now Ireland...can't say that string of GMs gives me confidence we'll get it right.
    While I agree that we haven't gotten it right in the past, that doesn't mean that we should keep him. If you're going to keep him based on that then maybe we shouldn't draft anybody cause we've gotten that wrong too. Two wrongs don't make a right. It's time to let him go and try something new. It might work or it might not work but Ireland will mess up free agency and the draft once again.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Jason La Canfora reported that Bill Polian wants back in. That's the good news. The bad news is La Canfora speculated (it sounded like speculation, not necessarily a confirmed report) that his son Chris Polian would again be a package deal with his dad. That's a deal breaker for me.

However, if Bill were willing to take on the job without his son, I would certainly consider it. The guy builds winning franchises.

Another combination I've thought about would be hiring a Russ Ball as Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations (much like Ted Thompson's current role in Green Bay) and then hiring Tom Heckert, Jr. as Director of Football Personnel underneath him (which would be the equivalent of John Dorsey's current role in Green Bay, which used to be Reggie McKenzie's role before he left for Oakland to be GM).
    Quote Quote