Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Will Jeff Ireland Get The Boot Before The Draft?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Likely

92 37.10%
  • Unlikely

127 51.21%
  • Unsure

29 11.69%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Ireland's Fate...(POLL)

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Folks we are about to lose the rest of our games.... the only outside shot at a win are the Jags and the looked better than us on Sunday.

There is absolutely NO chance Ireland it kept after a FOURTH straight losing season... each one worse than the last.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    While I agree that we haven't gotten it right in the past, that doesn't mean that we should keep him. If you're going to keep him based on that then maybe we shouldn't draft anybody cause we've gotten that wrong too. Two wrongs don't make a right. It's time to let him go and try something new. It might work or it might not work but Ireland will mess up free agency and the draft once again.

Ozzy rules!!
    That's not a reason to keep him. I'm just putting it out there that getting rid of Ireland doesn't solve our talent issues. There's no guarantee we get a better GM next time. Ireland has had 5 drafts to try and prove himself and IMO he's done a poor job. Playing it safe in every draft does nothing for you, he prefers quantity of quality, trading down and getting O-line and D-line while staying away from skill positions because he deems them risky. We've picked in the top 15 for 4 of 5 drafts and instead of being loaded with skill positions we got two O-line and one D-line and a QB (who I still hope will develop but needs time and more help around him). He is also the only GM I've ever seen draft a QB in the first round and never give him any help at the skill positions...I don't remember the last GM to ever do that. Indy drafted Luck and drafted two WRs and two TEs along with already having Reggie Wayne on the roster, RG3 was drafted and Shanahan had already spent a fortune in 3 free agent WR signings, Cleveland took Brandon Weeden and took a WR in the 4th round and spent a 2nd round pick in the supplemental draft for another WR plus they took a RB in the top 5, Atlanta took john beck and had Roddy White on the roster and signed Michael Turner as a free agent, then traded for Anthony Gonzalez then traded up for Julio Jones....why the freak has Miami invested the least of any NFL team in its receiving corp? We have a bunch of misfits and undrafted free agents...our highest draft pick on the roster is Hartline who was a 4th rounder...look around the league and tell me what other team in the NFL has invested less...you won't find one. Only two of our WRs were drafted and that's Hartline (4th round) and Matthews (7th round). It would be one thing if we just sucked at drafting WRs but to not even try...that's just frustrating.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    That's not a reason to keep him. I'm just putting it out there that getting rid of Ireland doesn't solve our talent issues. There's no guarantee we get a better GM next time. Ireland has had 5 drafts to try and prove himself and IMO he's done a poor job. Playing it safe in every draft does nothing for you, he prefers quantity of quality, trading down and getting O-line and D-line while staying away from skill positions because he deems them risky. We've picked in the top 15 for 4 of 5 drafts and instead of being loaded with skill positions we got two O-line and one D-line and a QB (who I still hope will develop but needs time and more help around him). He is also the only GM I've ever seen draft a QB in the first round and never give him any help at the skill positions...I don't remember the last GM to ever do that. Indy drafted Luck and drafted two WRs and two TEs along with already having Reggie Wayne on the roster, RG3 was drafted and Shanahan had already spent a fortune in 3 free agent WR signings, Cleveland took Brandon Weeden and took a WR in the 4th round and spent a 2nd round pick in the supplemental draft for another WR plus they took a RB in the top 5, Atlanta took john beck and had Roddy White on the roster and signed Michael Turner as a free agent, then traded for Anthony Gonzalez then traded up for Julio Jones....why the freak has Miami invested the least of any NFL team in its receiving corp? We have a bunch of misfits and undrafted free agents...our highest draft pick on the roster is Hartline who was a 4th rounder...look around the league and tell me what other team in the NFL has invested less...you won't find one. Only two of our WRs were drafted and that's Hartline (4th round) and Matthews (7th round). It would be one thing if we just sucked at drafting WRs but to not even try...that's just frustrating.
    Totaly agree. And what gets me is that some people think that all of a sudden he's going to be different. He's gonna keep playing safe and draftind linemen(which he sucks at)and neglect the playmakers.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I am not making a solid prediction on his job status because the last six games will tell a lot. I don't really care if he gets fired or not at this point, because he has done some good things but has done some bad things also. My gut feeling, but again not a solid keep me to my word prediction, is that Ireland will be with the Dolphins in 2013. I don't anticipate Ross firing him.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I am not making a solid prediction on his job status because the last six games will tell a lot. I don't really care if he gets fired or not at this point, because he has done some good things but has done some bad things also. My gut feeling, but again not a solid keep me to my word prediction, is that Ireland will be with the Dolphins in 2013. I don't anticipate Ross firing him.
    at 4 - 12 or 5 - 11 and blackouts the rest of the way?

No way he is kept.. ZERO chance.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    at 4 - 12 or 5 - 11 and blackouts the rest of the way?

No way he is kept.. ZERO chance.
    8-8 or 7-9, I would say he would definitely be back. 4-12 or 5-11 and you are likely correct that he will be fired. Still though, I don't think it is as much of a slam dunk that he will be fired as some might expect. Ross really likes him, and it will take a bad 4-12 or 5-11 season for Ross to consider it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I doubt it. Ross is in love with him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tough to see the Dolphins going 7-9 but I suppose it could happen. If they steal one from the Patriots, beat the Bills and beat the Jaguars, that would do it. But the team that got blown out by the Titans and then lost to the Bills...isn't a team that would take those three games. They'd have to reinvent themselves...which happens. Teams generally seem like they go through two turning points in a season. The next one could see us taking a turn for the better again.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ross has let Ireland do everythig. How would Ross be able to find a new GM? Who would do the interviews for the job? Who would make that happen? Without Ireland, Ross can't do anything, thus, he will be here a long time.

Haha, lighten up Francis!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think it's unlikely, because for whatever reason, Steve Ross really seems to have made a commitment to the guy.

But if the stands are as empty for the remaining games as they were for that Titans game, he's toast.

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote