Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Will Jeff Ireland Get The Boot Before The Draft?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Likely

92 37.10%
  • Unlikely

127 51.21%
  • Unsure

29 11.69%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Ireland's Fate...(POLL)

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    by taking the qb plus having an owner that knows zero about football he stays...

honestly if i was ross i think I would have a campaign where if a certain amount of people bought season tickets i would fire ireland, and everyone that bought would be there when it happened...maybe a dunk tank...

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jeff Ireland's Fate...(POLL)

Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    You never heard Ross speak of Sparano in a negative tone until he fired him, either.
    I don't recall Ross ever speaking highly of Sparano either.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland needs to be fired the day after the regular season ends. He is the reason the Fins will finish under .500...again.

I cannot stand the job he doing. Philbin is doomed here with Ireland calling the shots.

Rant over.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Totaly agree. And what gets me is that some people think that all of a sudden he's going to be different. He's gonna keep playing safe and draftind linemen(which he sucks at)and neglect the playmakers.

Ozzy rules!!
    He just goes by what the board says. Perhaps his board would tell him different if he valued skill position players more, but let us not play the what if game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Ireland remains, next year is his last chance. If we are not good next year he is out for sure.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfish41 View Post
    He just goes by what the board says. Perhaps his board would tell him different if he valued skill position players more, but let us not play the what if game.
    Well he is the one that puts the board together. Hard to believe that everytme he looks at the board it says that a lineman is better than a skill player. The guy just doesn't get it. He loves big players, he loves linemen and yet, he sucks at drafting them.....oh I know, here comes the "he drafted Pouncy".....yeah, I don't need to me reminded that he use the 15th overall pick on a damn center.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    You never heard Ross speak of Sparano in a negative tone until he fired him, either.

And I thought Ross said something significant when asked if Ireland's job was safe and he answered by saying he'll evaluate that every year. He then went on to heap praise on Jeff Ireland, but it was totally on the basis of the theory that Ireland has filled the team with good talent that could make the playoffs. You've got to read between the lines here...if you have a thesis for why a guy's job is safe and that thesis turns out to be obviously wrong...suddenly you don't have a reason to keep the guy anymore.
    He did not speak of Sparano in a negative tone, but he acted on Sparano in a negative tone, trying to replace him and all.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Ireland needs to be fired the day after the regular season ends. He is the reason the Fins will finish under .500...again.

I cannot stand the job he doing. Philbin is doomed here with Ireland calling the shots.

Rant over.
    If they were going to let him go, before the season is over would be better, a couple weeks out. The can then act on the hole it leaves sooner and attract candidates sooner.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Then at the end of this season there will be a loud chorus complaining that he cannot be fired then because he has invested so much time preparing for the upcoming draft and a new GM will be left far behind trying to catch up before the draft. Sadly I fear we are in a perpetual state of Ireland excuse making here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PBay Fin Fan View Post
    Who could we replace him with. The NFL is one big club, ounce you are in you're in for life. Change hats and move on. What retread would we get. I have not been impressed with Ireland by any stretch, but my God, trying to watch some of these guys on nfl network is painfull.
    I agree, although sometimes a firing can turn heads and make some decent people become interested in the position.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All these moves make sense to me. If we were winning Gaffney sticks but he would have helped us already if that was the case. This team was getting retooled from the get go at the beginning of this year and Ireland has gotten us in excellent shape with tons of money for free agency along with a number of draft picks. Now you may want him gone and blame him all you want so what. Take off the rose colored glasses you just do not change out the entire staff with a rookie head coach a offensive coordinator who was just recently fired from the college ranks, draft that same offensive coordinators rookie QB that could "not" save his job in college and expect sucess. Add in changing out the entire offensive and defensive schemes in the same year and it should be a recipie for disaster. Early in the year Philbin and RT looked like bad moves to me and I blamed Ireland for both of them and thought he should be fired. I sat back, pretty amazed to see do so well early in the season and noticed that the posters screaming for Irelands head go silent and now they are back again because are loosing of course.
    These same players that were surprising us early in the season are now the garbage players that Ireland drafted. They are right Ireland drafted them right on with that observation but the rest of the logic that I keep reading just stinks.

We win or loose based on the coaching as much or more that the talent. The Shula years proved that. Shula evolved his coaching to fit his talent he had at the time and offered franchise stability which is big in building a team and while he may have had some talented positons his teams were not that talented. Answer me why a reciever we drafted last year with speed that we cut this year caught over a 100 yards against us with the Jets? Why was he one of the first cuts at a positon of no talent on our team but contributes on another. It is called coaching. The other observation of posts that amaze me is the logic or ill logic of just blaming Ireland for all the bad picks he made when he was a rooke GM working under a legend and veteran VP of the phins in Parcells and then having the audacity to turn around and try and give all the credit for the good moves in this years draft to a first time rookie head coach and his offensive coordinator just fired because he could not win enough games in college.

Yea go ahead fire Ireland, then take a step back and you will still see we have other issues like having a offensive coordinator who runs such a complicated offense that it takes a entire NFL season for even veteran NFL players to catch on.

You might want to disagree with me on the coaching thing but our stengths on the team currently are ST and DL both are coached from hold overs from Sporano. Get the right coach he will find his players and the wins will come guys. Fire Ireland but the problem still runs deeper and hopefully we don't replace him with a worse product which is greated that 50/50 IMO.

Ask yourself after looking at our draft and college free agents if this is not the best we have had in the past 5 years. Look at all those draft picks in next years draft along with our FA pool and ask yourself if we are not in better shape than ever. You can still say you do not trust Ireland but he signed off on all of the above situation and any comments otherwise are just speculation.
    Quote Quote