Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Upcoming Draft Means Everything...!

1. -1
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM This Upcoming Draft Means Everything...!

If Ireland f-ups this draft, the Dolphins will go south fast. This draft means everything. Everything!

We must make the right moves or we will be rebuilding for a long time. Ireland, or whomever is the GM prior to this upcoming draft, better pick the right players or forget it. If the GM at that time screws things up, he best escape Miami in the night (like that jackhole Nick Saban did) or a mad mob of dolfans will be storming Davie looking for blood.
    -

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    This draft and Free Agency is a big one, no doubt about that. I still think we need another solid draft after this one, which is why Best Player Available is so important. It gets repeated, but seriously, the talent level on this team is low and just gathering talent, no matter the position will be critical in creating a solid team in the future.

Sure we need WR's, CB's, OG's, TE's, etc. but you can't pass up better players because they play a different position. Trust your board, build your group up . . . this team still is a couple drafts from building a team that will be strong for years to come.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    CMD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Batman logoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 04:21 PM from DisturbedShifty
    I just think it'll be another draft where in 5 years people will say "We chose this guy over that guy? WTF were we thinking?"

Which I don't really blame people who say that, considering how close we were to players like Matt Ryan, Patrick Willis, heck we could've even had Rodgers.

I do really hope that we end up getting that guy who everyone else will be looking back and thinking why they couodn't get him, but with Ireland running the helm, I really don't think we'll be able to.

I really hope we get Manti Te'o though. I think he's a sure fire all-pro if there ever was one. To be able to kick Dansby to OLB and have a LBer core of Dansby Te'o Burnett with Misi as a solid backup could be a big step for the defense. I'd also like kicking Dansby to the outside because he's really not a physical LBer. He makes good reads and gets to his destination quick, but he's hardly ever that guy who goes into the trenches to make a big tackle. I think Te'os physicality mixed with his coverage skills would make our LBer core elite. He could also help the secondary by taking out the middle of the field and making QB's force throws to the outside and throw more INT's.
    Credit: DisturbedShifty
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I thought the Dolphins were already in the south.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd rather have Koa Misi starting than Kevin Burnett.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    The 2013 draft will be very big for Jeff Ireland. He got the Quarterback this year and now it is up to Ireland to fill in the pieces around him.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    We have a lot of cap space and a lot of picks. I dont think its a coincidence that many players are in the final year of their contracts when we have a new coach. I dont think it was a coincidence that we didnt make any long term deals this past offseason. This all points to Ireland giving Philbin the chance to evalutae players before they are in long term commitments, and gives Ireland a chance to learn what players fit with the coache's scheme. This draft will be huge as there wil be more input from th HC and coordinators. As far as free agency, I wouldnt expect any big signings, but maybe some backups and role players.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    I just think it'll be another draft where in 5 years people will say "We chose this guy over that guy? WTF were we thinking?"
    The same people are the ones handing out "A" grades the day after the draft, and then 6 months later are calling for Ireland's head for drafting the same player they gave a high grade to.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

The same people are the ones handing out "A" grades the day after the draft, and then 6 months later are calling for Ireland's head for drafting the same player they gave a high grade to.

Youre exaggerating
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When will coaching develop these players that many of us were so high on come draft day? Sparano couldn't do it and so far I don't see any growth from our young team. Charles Clay was suppose to create nightmares for defenses. Reggie Bush was suppose to do the same. This offense looks like Daboll and Henning had a child.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Youre exaggerating
    No. Go read posts from April this year. You would be amazed...some of the most anti-ireland peeps were praising his draft.
    Quote Quote