Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Upcoming Draft Means Everything...!

1. -11
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    No. Go read posts from April this year. You would be amazed...some of the most anti-ireland peeps were praising his draft.
    i don't recall anyone giving last years draft an A except by the sites biggest "optimists" and they definitely aren't calling for Ireland's head. The vast majority of Ireland detractors wanted him gone before the draft, after the draft and today.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have a lot of cap space and a lot of picks. I dont think its a coincidence that many players are in the final year of their contracts when we have a new coach. I dont think it was a coincidence that we didnt make any long term deals this past offseason. This all points to Ireland giving Philbin the chance to evalutae players before they are in long term commitments, and gives Ireland a chance to learn what players fit with the coache's scheme. This draft will be huge as there wil be more input from th HC and coordinators. As far as free agency, I wouldnt expect any big signings, but maybe some backups and role players.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

The same people are the ones handing out "A" grades the day after the draft, and then 6 months later are calling for Ireland's head for drafting the same player they gave a high grade to.
    So we're going to have a ton of cap space and Ireland will get some back ups with it?......So you're saying he saved all that money and now he's going to get us some back ups? And you want him as your GM? I'm not saying I want us to go get 6 top free agents. I believe as much as anyone in using the draft to build our team but we need to get at least a couple of players that will actually make a positive impact.Back ups? We already have a bunch of those. We needs stars. We need playmakers. We need to draft some but we also need to get some in free agency. Please don't tell me our GM saved all that cap space so that he can get us some more back ups!!

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    i don't recall anyone giving last years draft an A except by the sites biggest "optimists" and they definitely aren't calling for Ireland's head. The vast majority of Ireland detractors wanted him gone before the draft, after the draft and today.
    So if you dont "recall" people giving him good grades, then how can you say "they definitely arent calling for Irelands head"? The search button is in the upper right corner of your browser. Use it to help you recall....
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So we're going to have a ton of cap space and Ireland will get some back ups with it?......So you're saying he saved all that money and now he's going to get us some back ups?
    Ozzy rules!!
    I didnt say he "saved" anything. Letting a contract expire doesnt "save" you money. What I said is it was wise to not sign some of these players with expiring contracts to long term contracts so that this new coaching staff can make a long term assesment on these players (ie Jake Long).
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    So if you dont "recall" people giving him good grades, then how can you say "they definitely arent calling for Irelands head"? The search button is in the upper right corner of your browser. Use it to help you recall....
    you said an "A" and now are calling for his head. You made the assertion. I said that you are exaggerating. If you can show me all these pro rah rah Ireland people who gave the past draft a grade of an "A" and now suddenly hate him and want him gone please back up your statement. Otherwise it's just more hyperbole being thrown out there like how most people here are calling tanny a bust and want to see him benched. In both cases, extreme exaggeration.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didnt say he "saved" anything. Letting a contract expire doesnt "save" you money. What I said is it was wise to not sign some of these players with expiring contracts to long term contracts so that this new coaching staff can make a long term assesment on these players (ie Jake Long).
    Ok, but you're saying that you think he's just going to get back ups during free agency. And you seem to be ok with it.Of course what we say here doesn't really matter, I know we need to spend the money we have by rule. I'd just rather us spend good money on a couple of top players that will make a difference instead of using the money to get a bunch of back ups.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The 2013 draft will be very big for Jeff Ireland. He got the Quarterback this year and now it is up to Ireland to fill in the pieces around him.
    Given that he waited until his 5th year as GM to get the quarterback, one would have hoped he would have spent the first 4 years putting together the pieces that will surround the quarterback.

Guess not.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Given that he waited until his 5th year as GM to get the quarterback, one would have hoped he would have spent the first 4 years putting together the pieces that will surround the quarterback.

Guess not.
    I think they thought they had their QB in the first draft in Chad Henne...still doesn't explain why the surrounding pieces haven't been addressed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    you said an "A" and now are calling for his head. You made the assertion. I said that you are exaggerating. If you can show me all these pro rah rah Ireland people who gave the past draft a grade of an "A" and now suddenly hate him and want him gone please back up your statement. Otherwise it's just more hyperbole being thrown out there like how most people here are calling tanny a bust and want to see him benched. In both cases, extreme exaggeration.
    If you disagree with what I said, then the burden of proof lies with the person who lays claim...wich means you. But I'll do you a favor:

http://www.finheaven.com/show...nds-best-draft

220 out of 229 gave this draft a B or better, with 115 giving him an A. I gave him a C+, which I publicly posted in that thread.

And here's another: http://www.finheaven.com/show...Dolphins-draft
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Ok, but you're saying that you think he's just going to get back ups during free agency. And you seem to be ok with it.Of course what we say here doesn't really matter, I know we need to spend the money we have by rule. I'd just rather us spend good money on a couple of top players that will make a difference instead of using the money to get a bunch of back ups.

Ozzy rules!!
    Yes I am ok with only getting backups in free agency. And if you are referig to the salar cap floor, it is calculated differently than the "cap hit" in that is based on actual money spent during the year, and no on accrued wages that are pro-rated throught the life of a contract.
    Quote Quote