Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Its Starts with the O-Line.

1. -1
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

SAME OLD BS Its Starts with the O-Line.

Until we get this sorry ass O-line fixed we will never be a successful team. Every since the second Jets game our O-line has been playing like garbage and coincidentally we have lost every game since. Tennessee and Buffalo were simply blowing us up of the snap. Incognito has always been a liability. John Jerry has been below average. Martin seems to have hit the rookie wall, but the guy has shown some promise.

Jake long has had a HORRIBLE stretch as of late. We finally get a promising player at QB and he decides to have the worst year of his career. Are you ****ing kidding me. There is no way this guy gets a MAX contract. NO ****ing way. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, draft a new RT and move Martin overt to LT.

Pouncey is the only one holding his own.

Doesn't matter who our QB is. If he doesn't have confidence in his line the game is already over.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    You have made me angry very angry indeed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mars
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes Long is the getting the QB killed, Incog keeps getting stupid holding/Unnecessary Roughness calls, Martin is always on his back, and Jerry is invisible.....just about sums up our O-Line.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seems like we have been saying that for a long time now. It's not like there hasn't been any thought put into it with the draft picks, 2 firsts, 1 2nd and 2 thirds, making up our current line. Both our last two HC's have been OL coaches, yet for whatever reason neither HC has fixed it.

Long's definately not playing up to his draft pick or salary, Incognito has yet to prove he's got the ability to back up his aggresion, John Jerry is well John Jerry, potential is there it flashes but will he ever be someone we can count on ? I think Martin will get better, transistioning to RT and rookie season gives him a pass for me but he's got to get tougher and use his smarts to learn from this year. Pouncey is a stud.

I really don't know what the answer is but they need to look at that unit in the off season for sure.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam was an OL coach? I thought he started out as QB coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Seems like we have been saying that for a long time now. It's not like there hasn't been any thought put into it with the draft picks, 2 firsts, 1 2nd and 2 thirds, making up our current line. Both our last two HC's have been OL coaches, yet for whatever reason neither HC has fixed it.

Long's definately not playing up to his draft pick or salary, Incognito has yet to prove he's got the ability to back up his aggresion, John Jerry is well John Jerry, potential is there it flashes but will he ever be someone we can count on ? I think Martin will get better, transistioning to RT and rookie season gives him a pass for me but he's got to get tougher and use his smarts to learn from this year. Pouncey is a stud.

I really don't know what the answer is but they need to look at that unit in the off season for sure.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to mention the false starts. In my opinion they're the most annoying infraction that can be called when watching an offense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keep in mind that we need a quality receiving corps to loosen the D up a little. As long the opponent's D can stack the line of scrimmage, then our o-line will be out-numbered at the snap and naturally look bad. Having said that, besides Martin and Pouncey, we need to re-tool the o-line in the draft with players suited for the zone-blocking scheme. But, a deep threat WR and seam-busting TE will go a long way towards improving the play of our offensive line since the D will have to play honest.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OLine has not been bad at all. Teams are loading up the box and playing downhill because, well, why not? If I was defending the Phins I'd make Tannehill throw all day. OLine has given up the 13th fewest sacks in the league, even with a bum one-dimensional offense led by a rookie QB whose pocket presence/movement are not very good. The OLine is fine.
    Last edited by Twitches Brew; 11-20-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BC26 View Post
    Keep in mind that we need a quality receiving corps to loosen the D up a little. As long the opponent's D can stack the line of scrimmage, then our o-line will be out-numbered at the snap and naturally look bad. Having said that, besides Martin and Pouncey, we need to re-tool the o-line in the draft with players suited for the zone-blocking scheme. But, a deep threat WR and seam-busting TE will go a long way towards improving the play of our offensive line since the D will have to play honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    OLine has not been bad at all. Teams are loading up the box and playing downhill because, well, why not? If I was defending the Phins I'd make Tannehill throw all day. OLine has given up the 13th fewest sacks in the league, even with a bum one-dimensional offense led by a rookie QB whose pocket presence/movement are not very good. The OLine is fine.
    At the same time a lot of sacks and pressures have come against 1 on 1 blocking from Long and Martin. Our "bookend" tackles are getting worked striaght up. That has nothing to do with stacking the box.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    At the same time a lot of sacks and pressures have come against 1 on 1 blocking from Long and Martin. Our "bookend" tackles are getting worked striaght up. That has nothing to do with stacking the box.
    Pass rushers usually have to guard the threat of the run; they don't have to do this against Miami because LBs and Safeties can just watch the backfield and not worry about dropping or getting deep. Note how our Tackles get beat to the outside; DEs aren't worried about running lanes.

Again, we're middle of the road in QB sacks and hits (13, 19). Yea, the OLine isn't perfect, but they're the least of our problems on Offense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is ok guys. If Ross is stupid enough to keep Ireland then he'll draft 3 more o-linemen in april. Just give Ireland 3 more years and then he'll start rebuilding the oline again and at that time we'll get the threads about how it takes time....lol

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote