Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 131

Thread: Omar: Jabar Gaffney Waived, Signed Kyle Miller

  1. -121
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    6,913
    vCash:
    30639
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep, no sense paying him if he's not playing.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -122
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    21,660
    vCash:
    48062
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    If we continue to lose, Id say we have bad players. I dont buy into all that bull**** that gets spun in the media. Teams with good players win. Teams with bad players fail.

    Here is where your argument is BS. For some people around here, Joe should fired after one poor performance...that is bull ****. However, people like you, Joe does not wrong. From many of your comments, Joe seems like he is responsible for nothing.

    Examples:
    "I do not like roster's composition"...Ireland's fault. Joe has nothing to do with personnel.
    " The receiving core does not have enough talent."....Ireland's fault. He traded Marshall. Even though Joe said the number one receiver is the guy that is open and wanted nothing to do with Marshall on this team.
    "Offensive play calling is predictable."....Sherman's fault
    "Strange end of game management"...Sherman's fault
    "Secondary sucks."....Coyle is too passive.
    "Why don't younger players play more."....it is the position coaches not getting it done
    The benching of Reggie Bush..."Well, hold on to the ball and you will not be bench, Reggie". Even though the fan dismisses the idea it might have alienated factions within the locker room.
    When any former hall of famers/TV personalities stated Joe could have alienated parts of his team, what do Joe apologists say, "they don't know ****." "Deion is a D-bag".

    For some of us here, Joe is Teflon. He is responsible for nothing that has gone bad. That is BS.

    He is not responsible for everything, of course. However, the HC is responsible for many aspects of this team that has gone right AND wrong this year.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -123
    Phantom's Avatar
    Phantom

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    5,039
    vCash:
    4397
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4 weeks ago, Philibin knows how to coach guys up, resign reggie to an extention, we found our franchise qb, Ireland should be extended, he was smarter than everybody thought. Now Philibin has lost the locker room, Reggie is gone, he sucks, Tanny is having the same troubles he had in college, he is not a winner, the roster is void of talent, Ireland sucks. Funny how things swing so fast around here.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -124
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    1,202
    vCash:
    5267
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Here is where your argument is BS. For some people around here, Joe should fired after one poor performance...that is bull ****. However, people like you, Joe does not wrong. From many of your comments, Joe seems like he is responsible for nothing.

    Examples:
    "I do not like roster's composition"...Ireland's fault. Joe has nothing to do with personnel.
    " The receiving core does not have enough talent."....Ireland's fault. He traded Marshall. Even though Joe said the number one receiver is the guy that is open and wanted nothing to do with Marshall on this team.
    "Offensive play calling is predictable."....Sherman's fault
    "Strange end of game management"...Sherman's fault
    "Secondary sucks."....Coyle is too passive.
    "Why don't younger players play more."....it is the position coaches not getting it done
    The benching of Reggie Bush..."Well, hold on to the ball and you will not be bench, Reggie". Even though the fan dismisses the idea it might have alienated factions within the locker room.
    When any former hall of famers/TV personalities stated Joe could have alienated parts of his team, what do Joe apologists say, "they don't know ****." "Deion is a D-bag".

    For some of us here, Joe is Teflon. He is responsible for nothing that has gone bad. That is BS.

    He is not responsible for everything, of course. However, the HC is responsible for many aspects of this team that has gone right AND wrong this year.
    And he needs more than 10 games before you start asking for his head!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -125
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    21,660
    vCash:
    48062
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    And he needs more than 10 games before you start asking for his head!
    Good luck to find a post of mine where I ever said that Joe should be fired. Never. In fact I said he needs at least 3 to 4 years to judge. Stop accusing me of **** I have not actually said.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -126
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,211
    vCash:
    5178
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure I understand the negative reaction to Gaffney being cut. It means one of two things. Either a: He's hurt again/still and isn't going to be able to contribute or b: They feel Matthews is ready to step up, and want to see what he can do. Seeing that Gaffney was inactive for the last game, and Matthews played and contributed I'd guess it's a little of both. To me this is a sign of progression on the team, and with the roster. If Matthews is good we have one less roster spot to fill next year. Gaffney was not likely to be here no matter what. Count me as stoked that the kid is going to get his chance. HOPEFULLY he can produce. And I can understand why he wasn't in games earlier in the season. Tannehill's learning curve has been steep enough that he really needed as much experience on the field as possible at WR. Another rookie out there early this season at WR was one variable he really didn't need to be dealing with.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -127
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1750
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Good luck to find a post of mine where I ever said that Joe should be fired. Never. In fact I said he needs at least 3 to 4 years to judge. Stop accusing me of **** I have not actually said.
    3 offseasons is enough to judge. He's got two offseasons left.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -128
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    21,660
    vCash:
    48062
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    3 offseasons is enough to judge. He's got two offseasons left.
    Stop being so hard on Joe, man. You will get flamed. lol.

    Seriously, though, he needs to be allowed to put his stamp and system in place. I think he will end up being successful. I think he has had some success already which is great. However, it also does not mean he is not above reproach in his coaching. Like all spots within the organization, he needs to be graded out too over time.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -129
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,690
    vCash:
    18953
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Here is where your argument is BS. For some people around here, Joe should fired after one poor performance...that is bull ****. However, people like you, Joe does not wrong. From many of your comments, Joe seems like he is responsible for nothing.

    Examples:
    "I do not like roster's composition"...Ireland's fault. Joe has nothing to do with personnel.
    " The receiving core does not have enough talent."....Ireland's fault. He traded Marshall. Even though Joe said the number one receiver is the guy that is open and wanted nothing to do with Marshall on this team.
    "Offensive play calling is predictable."....Sherman's fault
    "Strange end of game management"...Sherman's fault
    "Secondary sucks."....Coyle is too passive.
    "Why don't younger players play more."....it is the position coaches not getting it done
    The benching of Reggie Bush..."Well, hold on to the ball and you will not be bench, Reggie". Even though the fan dismisses the idea it might have alienated factions within the locker room.
    When any former hall of famers/TV personalities stated Joe could have alienated parts of his team, what do Joe apologists say, "they don't know ****." "Deion is a D-bag".

    For some of us here, Joe is Teflon. He is responsible for nothing that has gone bad. That is BS.

    He is not responsible for everything, of course. However, the HC is responsible for many aspects of this team that has gone right AND wrong this year.
    Since everything's relative, although some of us are not in the least surprised how it's shaking out, look what a catastrophe, the guy you were championing, Jeff Fisher has been - in general and down to Sparano-like bonheaded field decisions.


    geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish the tanny/sanchez days were here again > Darksider, Jetnation



    Quote Quote  

  10. -130
    Hayden Fox's Avatar
    At the end of the day...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    21,660
    vCash:
    48062
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Since everything's relative, although some of us are not in the least surprised how it's shaking out, look what a catastrophe, the guy you were championing, Jeff Fisher has been - in general and down to Sparano-like bonheaded field decisions.
    Once again...for the record....I liked the idea of Jeff Fisher but never thought he would take the job. I wanted Brian Billick or Mike McCoy. I wish Joe nothing but success. With that said, Jeff Fisher has a ton of cap room and picks to build his team. He should be given the same amount of rope that Joe should be given.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Wednesday to be a big day for Jabar Gaffney
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 04:51 AM
  2. Did Jabar Gaffney play?
    By YOYO1111 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 01:27 AM
  3. What About Jabar Gaffney??
    By vanhussm001 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:58 AM
  4. Jabar Gaffney
    By AtticusFinz in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •