Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar: Jabar Gaffney Waived, Signed Kyle Miller

1. -41
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Philbin is not going to lose the locker room because they cut Gaffney and his four catches. Don't be so dramatic Hayden.

Cutting Gaffney to me shows that they are now confident enough in Matthews to consistently put him on the game day roster. Gaffney was always just going to be a stop gap option until one of the young guys stepped up and now it appears Matthews is showing enough that they can kick Gaffney out. Encouraging.
    Really? Let's see how this plays out over the next few weeks. If the veteran players sense that they are playing for next year, then yes, he can lose the locker room. He might have started to lose the players based on the Bush benching as well. Finally, he is going to be 4-9 by mid December. We will see how things are faring at that time within the ranks of the players. His biggest challenge will be remaining a steady hand at the till during what is going to be a long losing streak. Not only will it be a bad losing streak, but the poor Fins could very well be pounded the next three weeks.

Joe Philbin is a rookie HC that has no proven record. He must do more than the veteran winning coach that has a street creds. Joe must find ways to keep the team together during adversity. Cutting vets and benching respected players like Bush and Incognito can be a risky move in your first year. We shall see.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Scout

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's Rishard Matthews Time!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And remember when we use to only get cornfed o-linemen? Now we get undersized o-linemen who are slow and weak. Thanks Jeff.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Really? Let's see how this plays out over the next few weeks. If the veteran players sense that they are playing for next year, then yes, he can lose the locker room. He might have started to lose the players based on the Bush benching as well. Finally, he is going to be 4-9 by mid December. We will see how things are faring at that time within the ranks of the players. His biggest challenge will be remaining a steady hand at the till during what is going to be a long losing streak. Not only will it be a bad losing streak, but the poor Fins could very well be pounded the next three weeks.

Joe Philbin is a rookie HC that has no proven record. He must do more than the veteran winning coach that has a street creds. Joe must find ways to keep the team together during adversity. Cutting vets and benching respected players like Bush and Incognito can be a risky move in your first year. We shall see.
    I get the sense, all the way back to your Hard Knock rants about Philbin, that deep down you hope he fails. Sorry if you think that is wrong, but always has been the feeling I get.

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The last 2 o-linemen we signed, Ryan Durand and Jeff Adams, are both undersized, slow and weak. Adams is listed as being 306 pounds but he looks more like 275. He has no muscle and has an angular build like a basketball player. He was weak in the bench press and again, he played at a small school.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I get the sense, all the way back to your Hard Knock rants about Philbin, that deep down you hope he fails. Sorry if you think that is wrong, but always has been the feeling I get.
    No...of course I hope he does not fail. I have praised him when I think it warrants it. However, when I see mistakes in his coaching, I will criticize him. I am not a hater nor will I imbibe the Kool-Aid of him. As rookie HC, he is going to make mistakes. I do not see why it is an issue to state that as such.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow, it's sad when cutting a player who had 3 catches and 2 drops (one on a beautiful deep pass) is considered giving up on the season.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Joe is going to lose his locker room IMO. First, the Bush sitting. Now, it does lock like a youth movement, but it can alienate his best players which happen to veterans.

I would hope the Fins would be doing what ever is necessary to help RT and ultimately win games.

I suppose it is a vote of confidence for Matthews which I like at the very least.
    Hiliarious. Another Anti-Philbin agenda driven Hayde post...
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand Gaffney sucks but what are you guys gonna say when Rishard Matthews pukes on himself and does nothing?
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    The last 2 o-linemen we signed, Ryan Durand and Jeff Adams, are both undersized, slow and weak. Adams is listed as being 306 pounds but he looks more like 275. He has no muscle and has an angular build like a basketball player. He was weak in the bench press and again, he played at a small school.
    they fit the Zone Blocking Scheme.

And no Jabar Gaffney getting cut will not lose the team. He was brought in to sure up the receiving corp and he was unable to do it.
    Quote Quote