Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar: Jabar Gaffney Waived, Signed Kyle Miller

1. -51
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Patriots to resign Gaffney to learn Miami's new offense???
    What's to learn?

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fremont, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    I understand Gaffney sucks but what are you guys gonna say when Rishard Matthews pukes on himself on does nothing?
    they will criticize him for sucking and then move onto the next guy in line and praise him until he gets a shot. most likely fuller
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    they will criticize him for sucking and then move onto the next guy in line and praise him until he gets a shot. most likely fuller
    Exactly.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gaffney was only here a few weeks and he was injured too often and didn't do much when he did play. If Philbin loses the lockerroom because a nobody was cut then we have a heck of a lot more issues then that.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rishard Matthews should have been playing since week one.

Nano nano was a complete waste of ship. They dont like to trust in rookies. Bad mistake this year.ga So what if he didnt know the playbook as much as they wanted. He would have offerred more 2 catch games as he learns which is more than anyone else did. He was here from the whole offseason!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Birmingham, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Really? Let's see how this plays out over the next few weeks. If the veteran players sense that they are playing for next year, then yes, he can lose the locker room. He might have started to lose the players based on the Bush benching as well. Finally, he is going to be 4-9 by mid December. We will see how things are faring at that time within the ranks of the players. His biggest challenge will be remaining a steady hand at the till during what is going to be a long losing streak. Not only will it be a bad losing streak, but the poor Fins could very well be pounded the next three weeks.

Joe Philbin is a rookie HC that has no proven record. He must do more than the veteran winning coach that has a street creds. Joe must find ways to keep the team together during adversity. Cutting vets and benching respected players like Bush and Incognito can be a risky move in your first year. We shall see.
    I must respectfully disagree, cutting a guy who has been with the team for what 2 months that couldn't stay heathy to give guys like Moore & Mathews a chance who has been there since training camp, I just don't see how that could cause him to lose the locker room. Look I'm not in total agreement with the Bush benching although his fumbles have cost us, but losing the locker room for a rookie head coach would be ridiculous who has a solid résumé along with both coordinators. These guys get paid millions of dollars to play football & I think Philbin & his staff have put together good character guys that will continue to play hard for the coaches & us the fans.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    No...of course I hope he does not fail. I have praised him when I think it warrants it. However, when I see mistakes in his coaching, I will criticize him. I am not a hater nor will I imbibe the Kool-Aid of him. As rookie HC, he is going to make mistakes. I do not see why it is an issue to state that as such.
    I just think some overdramatize certain things, and it is not always you. Remember how Philbin wanting a clean lockeroom and picking a piece of trash off the practice field was such a major flaw and issue? I also remember that according to some that Philbin lost the locker room because he cut Ochocinco and Garrard. He was also considered "giving up" on the season when he announced Tannehill the starter. Now he is losing the lockeroom because he cut a veteran with 4 catches on the entire season? Sorry if I fail to see the major flaws and problems with Philbin in that regards.

Benching Bush can be questioned, I get that. Though you also have to keep in mind that Bush has been very ineffective in past games and has fumbled the ball a few times. It wasn't like he benched a running back consistently putting up 100 yard games, he sat a player who was not producing. Even Bush publicly agreed with the benching, then responded with a stinker against the Bills.

I am Ok if a coach is questioned for certain aspects of his coaching, but I think going all doomsday over trash picking up and cutting 4th string veteran WRs with four total catches is being overdramatic. Also let's not forget that Ireland is the one who pulls the trigger on player moves, even if Philbin is giving advice. Ireland is the one with the axe and check book in his hand. If the team is about to go on the total six game losing streak as you predict because of talent, how can Philbin lose the lockeroom? Isn't that mostly Ireland's fault.

Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Rishard Matthews should have been playing since week one.

Nano nano was a complete waste of ship. They dont like to trust in rookies. Bad mistake this year.ga So what if he didnt know the playbook as much as they wanted. He would have offerred more 2 catch games as he learns which is more than anyone else did. He was here from the whole offseason!!!!!
    I forgot about our old buddy Legedrop Nono. What a joke that guy was.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    @ benching Bush as a "way to lose the lockerroom"

Puhlease. The whole team knows Bush blows. They loved it I'm sure.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I just think some overdramatize certain things, and it is not always you. Remember how Philbin wanting a clean lockeroom and picking a piece of trash off the practice field was such a major flaw and issue? I also remember that according to some that Philbin lost the locker room because he cut Ochocinco and Garrard. He was also considered "giving up" on the season when he announced Tannehill the starter. Now he is losing the lockeroom because he cut a veteran with 4 catches on the entire season? Sorry if I fail to see the major flaws and problems with Philbin in that regards.

Benching Bush can be questioned, I get that. Though you also have to keep in mind that Bush has been very ineffective in past games and has fumbled the ball a few times. It wasn't like he benched a running back consistently putting up 100 yard games, he sat a player who was not producing. Even Bush publicly agreed with the benching, then responded with a stinker against the Bills.

I am Ok if a coach is questioned for certain aspects of his coaching, but I think going all doomsday over trash picking up and cutting 4th string veteran WRs with four total catches is being overdramatic. Also let's not forget that Ireland is the one who pulls the trigger on player moves, even if Philbin is giving advice. Ireland is the one with the axe and check book in his hand. If the team is about to go on the total six game losing streak as you predict because of talent, how can Philbin lose the lockeroom? Isn't that mostly Ireland's fault.
    The jury is still out on Philbin.
    Quote Quote