Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar: Jabar Gaffney Waived, Signed Kyle Miller

1. -61
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    I understand Gaffney sucks but what are you guys gonna say when Rishard Matthews pukes on himself and does nothing?
    but he already has done something. He got open, got the ball and caused a PI on the scoring drive for the lone TD. He did that in what? 4 plays in?

I watched this kid in preseason. He caught everything and got open. I would rather watch him drop some passes after I know he will catch a big one when it matters than anyone else. He has a big body and plays bigger than his size.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    The jury is still out on Philbin.
    Yes, that is not being debated.

Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    but he already has done something. He got open, got the ball and caused a PI on the scoring drive for the lone TD. He did that in what? 4 plays in?

I watched this kid in preseason. He caught everything and got open. I would rather watch him drop some passes after I know he will catch a big one when it matters than anyone else. He has a big body and plays bigger than his size.
    Agreed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LOL

No Egnew...What a waste of a 3rd round pick.

Ireland needs to go.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Hiliarious. Another Anti-Philbin agenda driven Hayde post...
    Pretty much BS saying it is "another" anti-Joe post. I have had way more positive posts regarding Philbin than negative... Look it up. However, your perception is your reality. With that being said, I will criticize Joe Philbin when I think it warrants. I will do that with anyone regarding the team I cheer for. I praise when it suits.

With that said, I do not think some of the blind supporters are able to fathom the possible narrative for the Fins in the coming weeks.

They will drop from 4-3 to 4-9. They could possibly be not even competitive in the next three weeks. They have little to no chance to move the ball Sunday. Their 3rd round rookie QB will outplay our rookie, though it will not matter to many that Wilson and RT are not really competing directly against each other. The stadium will be empty vs Seattle. From there, the Pats come a calling. They have an offense unmatched from what we have witnessed this year. Their D leads the AFC in takeaways. Sun Life will be taken over by Chowderheads. It is possible that the Pats run it up in our building. Finally, the trip to SF might be the toughest game of all. A physical team that dominates both lines. Their D is the best at defending intermediate routes. Offensively, they are completely diverse in their approach.

Sooo...by mid December the Fins will have dropped to 4-9 and possibly be blown out in these games.

I have said all along that this team would win 3-5 games. However, what is most important is the team and Philbin showing progress. They are not showing progress right now. I will be charged on Sunday if the team can take the ball away or Tannehill has a good game in defeat. However, I am seeing that right now and the things could get ugly in Davie for this FO and staff next month.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeDaddy View Post
    Just read that Kyle Miller is the son of Mark Miller, who played QB for the Cleveland Browns.
    Wow, that's a name I hadn't heard in decades. I remember Mark Miller, from one of the first years I bought all the draft books and studied personnel. The Dolphins needed to groom a quarterback at that time with Griese well into his 30s.

Mark Miller was a sleeper small college prospect who some of the draft experts liked quite a bit. I thought he was a bit slow, both in drop back and decision making. No sense of urgency. Kind of like Kyle Wright, to use a name from decades later, and one that will make Canes fans cringe, or worse.

The draft had many more rounds in those years so you could take a quarterback flyer late. Miller looked like a 4th to 5th round guy. Then the Browns swooped him up very early. Be my guest, at that point. I remember the post draft radio programs in Miami contained some chatter about it, that maybe Cleveland knew something, since he played in a conference in their own backyard. Turned out Miller had some good moments in preseason but did nothing in the regular season and was out of the league within a few years.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Isn't it ironic that Matthews had a story about his improvement on the Dolphins website and Gafney is cut the next day.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    any relation to heath miller?
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    The last 2 o-linemen we signed, Ryan Durand and Jeff Adams, are both undersized, slow and weak. Adams is listed as being 306 pounds but he looks more like 275. He has no muscle and has an angular build like a basketball player. He was weak in the bench press and again, he played at a small school.
    I know Chris liked Adams alot and I did too when we had our draft before the real draft. He can always get stronger. He fits the zone blocking scheme as does Durand.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Patriots to resign Gaffney to learn Miami's new offense???

Tell the Patriots to send their information to Miami asap. Has anyone told Bill Miami don't know Miami's offense yet.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Miller ran about a 4.80 in the 40 at his pre draft workouts last season. Not very strong as he only did 14 reps on the bench press.
    Speed is what it is. But strenght can always be added.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't really get how cutting Gaffney is going to lose him the locker room. If it means that a guy like Moore or Matthews, who has been on the team since camp, is going to get more playing time and a shot to prove himself, well, again, how is that going to lose him the locker room? Gaffney really didn't seem to bring anything dynamic to the table.

That said, my goodness does this team need to draft some receivers in the worst possible way.
    Last edited by J. David Wannyheimer; 11-20-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote